Life Failure

lol watched this tonight and it reminded me how much I hate people.A normal working class woman, dumb enough to flip a coin pretty much for $500,000. Must be a sicko gambler. If odds are completely on your side then maybe keep on going, but everyone should really be quitting when they get past 100K imo.I loved how the family members gasped when she said no deal at the end.I wonder if producers cast crazy people who say that they wont stop at a certain amount. Because I hardly have ever seen anybody show restraint on the show. Sometimes when they get higher, but you never see someone stop when they really should.

She was getting 3% odds to go for it.If she got to do that everyday, for ever, she would break Howie Mandel, break him good!And that's a goal worth going for!

She actually had positive expectation in taking the deal strangely enough.If she takes deal +530,000If she turns down deal: 50% of the time she gets $500050% of the time she gets 1,000,0001,005,000/2 = 502,500so she's giving up $27,500 in positive expectation. Why don't people like or care about math even when it makes you money. Do you think they find these "Deal or no Deal" people sitting in the back of the Bingo hall with like 50 cards in front of them?

yea but when you factor in that you could get 500k and invest most of it to get up to 1mill and contrast that with how long it'd take to do the same with 5k, she made a horrible decision.obviously they're not going to pick a math professor or anything (unless they find out he's got a gambling problem). it's a tv show. smart decisions are boring.

I'm no mathematician, but even I recognized immediately that the deal she was offered was better than the value of her case at that point. Then I laughed my ass off when she got $5k.

I believe he's actually saying that the Dannon Light & Fit smoothie I am drinkingpr_lnf_sm_lg_b.jpgnote: that picture does not resemble smoothie in my handis 2% juice.
that woman needs to start drinking those

She'll be laughing at us *suckers* when her private audition turns into a flourishing acting career consisting of no less than one walk-on performance in a broadway production.That alone would make it highly +++++EV to turn down the deal and go for it.Just sayin'

with some of these contestants...doing just unbearably STUPID things after talking about their financial difficulties...it is very hard to believe that there isnt some kind of "failsafe" signal they give to Howie to let him know they want to stop there...but still continue and play to the crowdthats what makes calling this "reality" tv so funny, its not real.

with some of these contestants...doing just unbearably STUPID things after talking about their financial difficulties...it is very hard to believe that there isnt some kind of "failsafe" signal they give to Howie to let him know they want to stop there...but still continue and play to the crowdthats what makes calling this "reality" tv so funny, its not real.
yes...you jsut witnessed a coherent thought from chrozzo
Coherent, no. Borderline retarded, yes. Every day, you make it more clear that you are a closet homosexual. That is my post for the year, good day sir.
fail10tz8.jpg