Joe Biden, Obama's Vp Pick

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Biden on Obama:

"the first mainstream African American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy."
On Indians:
Last year, referring to Indian immigrants, Biden said, "You cannot go to a 7-Eleven or a Dunkin' Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. It's a point. I'm not joking!"
And we Republicans get blamed for being racist?And he's been a Washington insider politician for 35 years.....I guess change means new monogramed towels, and little else.But seriously, Biden was a good pick for Obama, he's got foreign policy experience, and he's got the personal tragedy story of his wife and infant son dying in a car crash. He's articulate, even if he is long winded, and mostly a political wonk.There's a reason conventional wisdom says we don't pick senators for president, now you've got 2 on your ticket.41787706.jpgHis teeth are clean too!When Bush picked Cheney the national news said he picked him to bring "Gravitas" to the ticket. It became a joke how many times it was said that Cheney gave Bush substance. Let's see how many times the junior Senator from Chicago gets the same treatment. Over under on 4 references to Gravitas?

Hopefully Biden will be able to help Obama with his embarrassing gaffs too.Like this one:

“In case you missed it, this week, there was a tragedy in Kansas. Ten thousand people died — an entire town destroyed,” the Democratic presidential candidate said Tuesday in a speech to 500 people packed into a sweltering Richmond art studio for a fundraiser.
Actual death count - 12Or how about this one:
"It’s always a bad practice to say 'always' or 'never'"
Really? Always a bad practise? Always?

As I said in the other thread, Biden is dumb as a rock. You can be sure there wont be any town hall style VP debates, or any unscripted press conferences or interviews. EDIT:HMMMM this could be wrong. Bidens biggest asset is as an attack dog, and they may risk minor gaffes in exchange for a rabid biter.The pick of Biden is a very desperate move by what is obviously a scared campaign and scared party. Besides being an admission of needing the help of the insider politics he was trying to pretend he was above, BHO is also admitting defeat on the Iraq issue. Biden conveniently flip flopped on his war stance for the primaries, but he voted for the war, praised and voted for the surge. He has praised McCain saying he would love to be on a ticket with him. And you will see Biden saying "the Presidency is not a job that lends itself to on the job training" about 3000 times. Yeah, they can try to negate that message with "Biden brings that training to the ticket", but people still vote for the P, not the VP and when youre own VP said you werent ready for office within the last 6 months youve got a major credibility problem.

Anyone think the fact that the text message naming Biden happened at 3:00AM was a slam on Hillary's comment about "Who do you want to answer the phone at 3:00 AM?

As I said in the other thread, Biden is dumb as a rock. You can be sure there wont be any town hall style VP debates, or any unscripted press conferences or interviews. EDIT:HMMMM this could be wrong. Bidens biggest asset is as an attack dog, and they may risk minor gaffes in exchange for a rabid biter.The pick of Biden is a very desperate move by what is obviously a scared campaign and scared party. Besides being an admission of needing the help of the insider politics he was trying to pretend he was above, BHO is also admitting defeat on the Iraq issue. Biden conveniently flip flopped on his war stance for the primaries, but he voted for the war, praised and voted for the surge. He has praised McCain saying he would love to be on a ticket with him. And you will see Biden saying "the Presidency is not a job that lends itself to on the job training" about 3000 times. Yeah, they can try to negate that message with "Biden brings that training to the ticket", but people still vote for the P, not the VP and when youre own VP said you werent ready for office within the last 6 months youve got a major credibility problem.
I heard that when this was offically announced McCain said out loud,"Niggah, please." Seriously, Biden is perfect. Perfect. This give McCains camp so many ways to go for ad campaigns I am sure that they already had a few lined up just in case. GG Obama. Maybe next time you should try running in a country you are actually a natural born citizen of, like Indonesia. True story.
Here it is.

Obama made a good pick with Biden.Adds gravitas to his foreign policy credentials. But people vote for Pres not Vice pres so small effect on election.However, he is a brilliant man who well serve Obama well when he wins in November.Yes Obama will win.. not even as close as most of you think.You heard it here first.

However, he is a brilliant man
no, he isnt. He is dumb as a rock without an original thought in his head and has been a puppet, bought and sold, for nearly 40 years. As I said in the other thread, I worked across the table from him. That does bring to mind one major addition he brings to the ticket. He will bring a very strong Jewish vote and will counteract Obama's questionable credentials on Israel. It may be big enough an issue to swing Florida.

I hate a lot of Bidens social policy ideas, but I like him as a person. He is a living, breathing gaff machine though.I remember watching him on Meet the Press when Russert called him down about something he said in the 1980's... His reply was (pp) "Look, back then, I was 40 years old..." using a tone of voice to suggest excuse, much like someone might talk about past misdeeds at 16 or 23. To him, forty years old was still an excuse for age related poor decision making.

I heard that when this was offically announced McCain said out loud,"Niggah, please." Seriously, Biden is perfect. Perfect. This give McCains camp so many ways to go for ad campaigns I am sure that they already had a few lined up just in case. GG Obama. Maybe next time you should try running in a country you are actually a natural born citizen of, like Indonesia. True story.
LOL at the last sentence. How well do you know Barack Obama? Maybe you should spend some time researching him?The Obama campaign obviously knows what Biden has said and has already planned a counter to the future Republican attacks.
I like Biden, but he doesn't seem like a very "exciting" choice. The McCain ad is funny. He just loves to rub his bipartisan credentials in his opponent's face. It's a valid point, too.
Yea that ad is really spot on. It makes you wonder if the dems thought of it, or are just hoping the voters forget that their VP also thinks their candidate is under-qualified.How'd you like Obama's freudian slip introducing Biden today: The next president, I mean vice president, blah blahEven he doesn't think he'd be a good choice, not deep down anyway.
I like Biden. He seems like a smart guy, with a sense of humor and it'll probably give Obama a point or two boost in PA and OH. That said, when I first saw Obama/Biden, I did read it as Osama bin Laden.
LOL...just saw the following in an article on the Times Online UK.
With Obama and McCain neck and neck in the polls, the election is likely to get personal. Republican activists are already mooting “Obama Bin Biden” bumper stickers.
no, he isnt. He is dumb as a rock without an original thought in his head and has been a puppet, bought and sold, for nearly 40 years. As I said in the other thread, I worked across the table from him. That does bring to mind one major addition he brings to the ticket. He will bring a very strong Jewish vote and will counteract Obama's questionable credentials on Israel. It may be big enough an issue to swing Florida.
In what capacity?
In what capacity?
Campaign financing. Its another thread, but I worked for his eventual Presidential campaign finance chairman (google "boyarsky biden") and during his 2d and 3rd Senate runs we were drafted to work with them.

I like Biden even though he does tend to talk too much. He seems like a much more genuine person than most of the long-term congresspeople. And does it really matter that Biden disagreed with Obama on some of the Iraq war issues? I'd heard that McCain was considering Tom Ridge as a VP and he disagrees supposedly with McCain on the abortion issue. Who says that the people on a Presidential ticket have to be joined at the hip?

I like Biden even though he does tend to talk too much. He seems like a much more genuine person than most of the long-term congresspeople. And does it really matter that Biden disagreed with Obama on some of the Iraq war issues? I'd heard that McCain was considering Tom Ridge as a VP and he disagrees supposedly with McCain on the abortion issue. Who says that the people on a Presidential ticket have to be joined at the hip?
When the primary reason you even got into the public consciousness was Iraq some consistency would help. Ridge? I highly doubt it, he doesnt complement McCain very well. I hope McCain isnt pushed toward Ridge to counteract the Pennsylvania impact. The best soundbite and biggest issue Obama has is the economy, and thats what a VP needs to bring to the ticket.

PRO: He has 35 years of Washington experienceCON: He has 35 years of Washington experienceThis guy is smart, lots of people like him and he holds the key to some tasty electoral votes.But he is a potential H U G E target.They need to be very careful with him. One big foot in mouth moment, and ........

PRO: He has 35 years of Washington experienceCON: He has 35 years of Washington experienceThis guy is smart, lots of people like him and he holds the key to some tasty electoral votes.But he is a potential H U G E target.They need to be very careful with him. One MORE big foot in mouth moment, and ........
fyp
Campaign financing. Its another thread, but I worked for his eventual Presidential campaign finance chairman (google "boyarsky biden") and during his 2d and 3rd Senate runs we were drafted to work with them.
Your right about Biden being dumb as a rock. My name for him is Senator Joe (Mr. Original Thought) Biden. Of course I will never forgive him for his part in the Borking of Robert Bork. One of my enjoyments is watching him in SCOTUS confirmation hearings, Justices like Scalia just absolutley hand him his lunch.

You want to know what is going to hurt team Obama?Their decision to go outside for their big night.They canceled the balloons, and they are going with outdoors effects. i.e. Fireworks.And what are they going up against? The closing ceremonies of the Olympics that happened tonight and you can gar-en-tee that the communist had the best fireworks that could be done.Which means Obama's big night will be a let down.Just like him.

You want to know what is going to hurt team Obama?Their decision to go outside for their big night.They canceled the balloons, and they are going with outdoors effects. i.e. Fireworks.And what are they going up against? The closing ceremonies of the Olympics that happened tonight and you can gar-en-tee that the communist had the best fireworks that could be done.Which means Obama's big night will be a let down.Just like him.
So you mean they're not going to hoist Obama to the top of the stadium and have him run sideways in the air unfurling a video of campaign events trailing behind him? Lame.