Dont Get Involved In Coaching Youth Sports

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Football right now.But I have done basketball and baseball as well.
Coach 'em up you vagina.Put a lil shotgun spread out there and watch those fuckers score all day long.
I choke on the bullshit daily.If it wasnt for the kids I'd quit. Some of them are actually good kids with talent and futures in sports. A part of me feels a responsibility to do my best for them.But the incompetence surrounding me pretty much cancels that out.Moral of the story, dont get involved unless you love to eat shit.
You just went up a notch for me.That's cool that you do that.I've done it for years and it is a thankless job.
I have some gun. But our best plays are counter traps out of a double wing.
As a former offensive lineman...POUND THA ROCK!Talk about a thankless job.We ran a Wing T/Single Wing in high school so basically all of our plays looked the same but you never knew who was going to get the ball. Lots of traps and pulling which makes for lots of fun being a fat guy who loves to pancake their opponent.
As a former offensive lineman...POUND THA ROCK!Talk about a thankless job.We ran a Wing T/Single Wing in high school so basically all of our plays looked the same but you never knew who was going to get the ball. Lots of traps and pulling which makes for lots of fun being a fat guy who loves to pancake their opponent.
. . . .

Why is it called football when the action with the ball mostly involves the arms?

Why is it called football when the action with the ball mostly involves the arms?
You gotta have feet in order to run with the ball.
You gotta have feet in order to run with the ball.
...which is carried in your arms
I choke on the bullshit daily.If it wasnt for the kids I'd quit. Some of them are actually good kids with talent and futures in sports. A part of me feels a responsibility to do my best for them.But the incompetence surrounding me pretty much cancels that out.Moral of the story, dont get involved unless you love to eat shit.
id coach a high school womens volleyball team.....
LLY, I'll put it like this. And this happened to me and my brother over the summer, ruining baseball season.Lets say that I was your Uncle (you are me) and your little brothers Godfather. Now lets say that we are working on a complex physics problem. Now I am in charge, despite knowing nothing about physics (baseball) and you are my assitant who I give meaningless responsibility too. Now lets say you start to take over, and I feel marginalized. Well obviously, I, your Uncle will kick you off the caching staff and your brother off the team saying that you werent putting the team first. Thats youth sports.I wont even go into whats happening during football.But thats a true story. My "Uncle", who was married to my Fathers sister, and is my little brothers Godfather, kicked my brother off of a baseball team started by he and my dad 4 years ago.THAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED. Thats youth sports. Nothing but raging ego.
Head asplode.

yeah being a ref in youth sports is really bad too. I was a ref in hockey for 12 and under and the parents are horrible. They are definatly not shy on there word use around the kids lol.

I was around youth sports all growing up, mainly baseball, because my father was the president of the local little league (actually Pony Baseball) for something like 18 years, plus he coached the HS freshmen team, and both a senior babe ruth and palamino (17/18) team in the summer. I have a ton of respect for people that volunteer their time working with kids, so good for you Suited. Whenever I think about how much time my dad volunteered over the years for baseball, I feel humbled. Then again, he might have just been looking for a good reason to be out of the house and away from my mom. :)Also, do you have an Irving Fryar type to stretch the defense?