Someone Talk Me Out Of This...please?

All I have to do is sign on the dotted line. No down payment, move in in Jan 1st.CONS: House payment would go up 400 a month, utilities stay about the same(maybe increase a bit), commute would increase by 1 mile, Sly's would increase 2 miles. Have to get new window treatments, etc., really more space than I need (2800 SF). PROS: 3 car garage, but one would be converted as a casitia (right side of the house in front) with a full bath (15 x 12 and away from the rest of the house) poker table and plasmas obv. and can be converted to a guest suite later if need be. It is in a new/very nice area. Moving now would allow me to retire in a few years in a relatively new house, as opposed to a 40 year old house in a declining neighborhood (but still decent...I'm guessing). Moving now guarantees me a price at or near the bottom of the current housing cycle/slump which means this place should double in 10-15 years. My current house could be kept as a rental until such time I decide to sell it. Yikes. What am I thinking???House.jpg

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All I have to do is sign on the dotted line. No down payment, move in in Jan 1st.CONS: House payment would go up 400 a month, utilities stay about the same(maybe increase a bit), commute would increase by 1 mile, Sly's would increase 2 miles. Have to get new window treatments, etc., really more space than I need (2800 SF). PROS: 3 car garage, but one would be converted as a casitia (right side of the house in front) with a full bath (15 x 12 and away from the rest of the house) poker table and plasmas obv. and can be converted to a guest suite later if need be. It is in a new/very nice area. Moving now would allow me to retire in a few years in a relatively new house, as opposed to a 40 year old house in a declining neighborhood (but still decent...I'm guessing). Moving now guarantees me a price at or near the bottom of the current housing cycle/slump which means this place should double in 10-15 years. My current house could be kept as a rental until such time I decide to sell it. Yikes. What am I thinking???House.jpg
Ugh. I honestly get sick when I see these places. They are so amazing compared to LA properties. I wish that AZ had good games. Vegas has similar houses for about the same price. I wish they would move Commerce to another state.Are you able to get 0 down because of the VA status?Btw, take the house AINIC.

Being that I'm from Jersey...thats a lot of stucco...But if its gonna make you happy and you feel like having a mortgage longer...go for it.

how's big is the kitchen, living room area, Dining Rm, how many bedrooms, reckroom? Picture of the house looks great, pros and cons obviously looked at wtf are you waiting for it to be sold right from under your nose, Go and sign

WHAT ARE U WAITING FOR?????? I'll come help u move!!! Does Syl like it??? (Guess the last question should have been first - lol)

Is it just me or does this place not have a street facing front door? Looks kinda silly to me if that's true. But yeah, buy now the market is silly low.
Say what? See gutter. Gutter=street.

A few things:

1. I thought the only grass in Arizona was on the golf courses.
  2. To the guy who said don't get a subprime mortgage, I don't think you can choose to get or not get a subprime mortgage. You are either a subprime borrower or you're not. I have a feeling Nutz is not.
  3. If you don't have to sell your current house to get this one, I think it's even more of a no-brainer. Get this one at the bottom of the cycle, sell the other one at the top.
  4. Tile roofs are expensive to replace after hurricanes.
  5. What the hell is a casitia?
  6. Does the house actually exist? Picture looks photoshopped.