50k Horse On Tonight

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best representation of live poker I've ever seen. No poker player should be put on a pedestal, strip away the cameras and they are just gamblers with the same problems like you and I(people that play for a living). Poker is not a "classy" game no matter what ESPN/CardPlayers/WSOP etc try to make it out to be. Yes there is a way you should conduct yourself at the table but this is a game that offers a wide range of different people/personalities and when someone gets drunk and goes crazy you just have to accept it as part of the game. I'd happily sit with a table full of angry drunks for days if it was profitable.That segment "Which poker player would you like to be"...Honestly would anyone really want to actually be one of those people(minus Patrik Antonius)?

Bottom line, I only ask for you to please understand and remember that I, Scotty Nguyen, the Prince of Poker is still a human being, just like all of you.
WHAT A JACKASS

Again, I think it would be good to hear from DN or someone else that was there (Edog) to get their input. A couple things, if that was a PR deal, Scotty should get a refund imo. He said "no excuses" a couple of times but he gives excuses about the drinking and under the skin thing as well as others. And I really hate the self-glamorizing/promoting. Calling himself the Prince of Poker...Honestly, who would call themselves that (Besides Hellmuth and Poker Brat?) You don't ever hear humble pro's calling themselves by their own nicknames, especially in a written appology. This dude is like Barak Obama, the way he talks, he actually thinks he is "The Chosen One."I dunno, it just didn't seem genuine at all, he didn't even appologize to E dog or De Michele as far as I know. And the last thing, when he says he wasn't drunk......wow. I don't think that was the right thing to say to try to salvage his image at all. It would seemingly make sense if it was his wife that wrote it I guess.Anyways, just my $.02

Seems like another apology has been put forth by the Nguyen camp:

To all my fans, and used to be fans,I Scotty Nguyen want want to say that I I I am sorry for the last apolgy, which I I I admit was a a bit uh uh you know, I'm Scotty Nguyen baby. And that night ...Scotty Win baby. That's what it all about baby.So uh uh I I I uh I'm Scotty Nguyen baby, and I I didn't really act right but you know, when I was about to eat my little brother, I never thought it be so good. You know?So I was a little, you know, I had uh uh too much to drink maybe and I uh, you know, I uh uh you see my wife, she so fine baby. So Scotty Nguyen is just you know, Scotty Nguyen baby.Ah right?