UTG was weak pretty much betting flops when he hit and check folding when he didn't. I raised to isolate and take it down post. after all the calls is betting the ace and giving up to resistance ok here?PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (4 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)Preflop: Hero is Button with 8 :D , T :4h . UTG calls, Hero raises, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.Flop: (8 SB) 6 :club: , 3 :ts , A :D(4 players)SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets, SB raises, BB folds, UTG folds, Hero folds.Final Pot: 5 BBResults in white below: No showdown. SB wins 5 BB.

I would think shorthanded the chances of someone having an ace would be less so I should c-bet being I raised pre. I'm not even close to what I would call being "good" at LH though so maybe I'm off?

Remember to evaluate the information you get through your action. You raised p/f, everyone called. The likelihood that there is an A out is higher now, based on their calls, than when you started the hand. Also, shorthanded big card hands are better starting hands than suited connectors. You will often times have poor odds for your draws based on fewer players at the table.

I wouldn't c-bet into 3 others here. 2, I would.Fwiw, SH hands go in the SH forum. I didn't notice if the rest were 6-handed or less, but I'll move this one, and others which fall into the SH category.

Raising with Ten-High in a loose limit game in which we can almost always expect someone to see showdown with us just doesn't make much sense to me.I don't think you should make a habit of this.I would do it in a No-Limit game though.--CM

UTG was weak pretty much betting flops when he hit and check folding when he didn't. I raised to isolate and take it down post. after all the calls is betting the ace and giving up to resistance ok here?PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (4 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from
Raising with Ten-High in a loose limit game in which we can almost always expect someone to see showdown with us just doesn't make much sense to me.I don't think you should make a habit of this.I would do it in a No-Limit game though.--CM
CM, your analysis doesn't jive with the reads provided in the OP. Furthermore, we're in a 4 handed situation here, and I think it's perfectly reasonable to be opening a hand like T8s from the button.
  • 4 weeks later...