ok to float here? and I'm pretty sure as played I should have at lest led the river?PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (7 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)Preflop: Hero is SB with Q :4h , K :D . 2 folds, MP2 raises, 2 folds, Hero calls, 1 fold.Flop: (5 SB) 8 :D , 3 :club: , 7 :ts(2 players)Hero checks, MP2 bets, Hero calls.Turn: (3.50 BB) 3 :5c(2 players)Hero checks, MP2 checks.River: (3.50 BB) 5 :D(2 players)Hero checks, MP2 checks.Final Pot: 3.50 BB

this is a fold pre?
Ya, likely a fold against a MP PFR. Against a known stealer on the button, I'd 3 bet.
Ya, likely a fold against a MP PFR. Against a known stealer on the button, I'd 3 bet.
be very careful with this. or think of it like this. this is not something you just do, you need a reason to do it.
be very careful with this. or think of it like this. this is not something you just do, you need a reason to do it.
Well, my first instinct was to say that I'm way ahead of his range, but:
equity 	win 	tie 		  pots won 	pots tied	Hand 0: 	53.722%	  51.97% 	01.75% 		4955262252 	166637700.00   { KQo }Hand 1: 	46.278%	  44.53% 	01.75% 		4245571020 	166637700.00   { 44+, A2s+, K2s+, Q4s+, J7s+, T7s+, 97s+, 87s, A3o+, K7o+, Q8o+, J8o+, T9o }

giving him a 40% PFR range puts me ahead, but not as much as I thought. Thanks

Couple things.1) Really? Fold pf? I probably need to go back and look at a hand chart or something, but my instinct is to 3b this here. MP in this game is the hijack, and it's a 7 handed game. I could be way off though, playing OOP does in fact suck.2) Why do you call it a float? What are you trying to accomplish by c/c'ing the flop? What exactly are your plans for the rest of the hand, whether you improve, or not? You need to have a plan in place, otherwise you're just chasing overs getting a bad price. Also, try being in position more, it helps for when you want to do stuff like "float". :club:

If this was NL folding would be fine, but in limit it's definitely at least a call I think

A call or raise PF isn't bad here given we'll likely be heads up on the flop, though I can see mucking KQo in the SB with 1.5 bets back to us. But once we brick the flop, we either need to lead it and hope villain missed, or c/f.

I want more discussion on preflop, notably from antistuff and Frez. My instincts say to 3-bet this, please prove me wrong. (Not meant to come off in an arrogant manner, just for the sake of discussion, prove me wrong. :club:)

I think anti only pressed the matter because he didn't see a rationale to 3betting, and once Frez provided one, that was that.I can see 3betting to isolate, dissaude the BB from playing along, and narrowing the hijack's range based on how he responds to our 3bet.

I can see 3betting to isolate, dissaude the BB from playing along, and narrowing the hijack's range based on how he responds to our 3bet.
Shutting out the BB is a very good reason to 3-bet.Other than that, if we tighten up the opener's range much it becomes pretty even. We have 53.7% equity again a 40% range, and that's a big range for an open raise in a semi-full ring game.

i was giving advice specifically to the OP. he posted some hands to brush up on his LHE becouse of a live omaha8/holdem game he got invited to for decent sized stakes. my advice to him was kind of to be very tight during the holdem rounds becouse his edge is probably going to be huge during the o8 rounds. i think its close, you're not losing that much if you do fold, and you should fold if the player is decent due to the horrible reverse implied odds hand you have (kqo is the worst one).