Thought Process Here Ok?

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (9 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)Preflop: Hero is BB with Q :D , T :4h . 1 fold, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button raises, 1 fold, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.Flop: (14.40 SB) 2 :ts , Q :D , 9 :D(7 players)Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, CO checks, Button bets, Hero raises, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button calls.Turn: (9.20 BB) 4 :club:(2 players)Hero bets, Button calls.River: (11.20 BB) 3 :5c(2 players)Hero bets, Button calls.Final Pot: 13.20 BBI'm thinking I like my play up to the river where I should have checked as he's only calling with a hand that beats me, but may lead with worse?

no, against a lot of opponents you can bet that river for value.edit: you really probably could fold this preflop. with seven players if you play really well i would guess its break even. if it was suited you would definitely play it. beware of unsuited broadway cards that easily dominated by things that your opponents are likely to be holding.

I knew my hand wasn't that strong, but thought I should call based on pot odds. I was planning on giving up if I didn't hit big, but on the flop I figured I could isolate against the bettor?

• 2 weeks later...
I knew my hand wasn't that strong, but thought I should call based on pot odds. I was planning on giving up if I didn't hit big, but on the flop I figured I could isolate against the bettor?
Perhaps one of the math gurus can add some input, but do you hit big often enough with Q10o to make cold calling preflop a +EV play?
Perhaps one of the math gurus can add some input, but do you hit big often enough with Q10o to make cold calling preflop a +EV play?
There are not a lot of hands I am going to fold expecting to get 13-1 on the call. 7 way, we only need to win half as much as a random hand to be break even, and the hand is better than random.
There are not a lot of hands I am going to fold expecting to get 13-1 on the call. 7 way, we only need to win half as much as a random hand to be break even, and the hand is better than random.
Works for me.What if our hand is below average, say 73s (73s is below average, right?), or a crap hand like 92o?Would it still be okay to make the call and see a flop?
Works for me.What if our hand is below average, say 73s (73s is below average, right?), or a crap hand like 92o?Would it still be okay to make the call and see a flop?
i would say anything suited and connected, suited and one gapped, maybe some suited and two gapped like t7 or j8. the exact kinds of hands that i don't like in this spot are hands like qto. i would expect 78s to do better here than qto.

I'm sure 78s would be better than QTo, but QTo would still show a profit, imho.I would call here with like T4s, fwiw, J3s even, basically any suited crap with a relatively high card, and of course, suited gappers, connectors, most two gappers, etc.