Qq Big Stack Mid Stages

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t800 (7 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)MP2 (t9675)CO (t1400)Button (t16315)SB (t19290)BB (t11380)UTG (t6525)Hero (t24300)Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Qclub.gif, Qspade.gif. 1 fold, Hero raises to t2400, 3 folds, SB calls t2000, 1 fold.Flop: (t6125) Aspade.gif, 9club.gif, 5club.gif(2 players)SB checks, Hero checks.Turn: (t6125) 9diamond.gif(2 players)SB bets t1600, Hero calls t1600.River: (t9325) 8diamond.gif(2 players)SB bets t2400, Hero folds.Final Pot: t9325Should I be betting the flop?

Bleh I probably play the same and call the river.You'd think he'd lead out with the aces he calls in the SB with considering the draws on board. I might bet that flop but I hate getting check raised and you don't really know where you're at then.His turn and river bets look weak, I can't see him being on 9 very often. Looks like he thinks you're weak and thinks he can get you off your hand without risking much.Maybe he even thinks TT? is good. Seems unlikely thoughI guess AJ/AT show up here a decent amount but probably you see a bluff often enough to merit calling getting 4:1.If you think he value bets small and is trappy he could show up with a boat here also.

I wouldnt bet anything bigger than a probe on the flop, and might check it as well. A regular size bet that gets check raised is an awful result here, since both Aces and flush draws could take that line and youre pretty lost as to what to do. Im not sure I can fold the river here though. Youre getting nearly 4:1, and your hand is under-repped.

I bet about half pot on the flop. Yes, we can get check raised by any ace and a fl draw. I will probably lay it down then. If he flats and we get this turn and he checks, I might fire again. The reason is that he should check any river and we can check behind to get to the showdown. I think it's almost what you are doing here but we have the additional benefit of getting him to fold his draw.

When you check behind on the flop, aren't you basically typing "I don't have a good Ace and I'm scared of being check-raised" into the chatbox? Doesn't that just give villain license to lead the turn, at which point you still have no idea where you stand? I'm with the Addict, I think I'd rather fold to a check-raise and be done with the hand then get deeper into the hand without knowing where I stand. Hero got a bit lucky that villain threw out such a small turn bet, but what if villain leads the turn for 1/2 pot there (as played)? Or bets small on the turn and then fires out 4000-ish on the river?

I fire a bet at the flop for at least 50 to 60 % of the pot then I fire another at the turn ... may better tell you where you stand in the hand with a tournament you gotta have some luck involved and fight for each chip you have in that pot

You need to always be aware of stacks and who you want to get involved with. But you called off 1600 after showing no interest in the pot on the flop - he can make that bet with anything. An ace hit with a flush draw. If you had an ace, you would bet it. It can get him to fold a lot of hand here and you know where you are at. He can also fold that 9T of hearts. He might also fold a very weak ace here, but unlikely. Especially if it's the club. It just gives you a lot more options to win the pot. And you should also know that if he calls and leads the turn you are most likely behind. Plus, he will more likely check to you on the turn. Take a second and check behind. If he has a weak ace he will probably want to get to a showdown cheap so another check/check on the river is possible.EDIT: or lead the turn. It's better then calling that river imo. And if he flats again, just check behind on the river. If he leads the river, he has you anyway.Now if he check raises you on the flop, I am okay folding it.

I like keeping the pot small.Check flop or 1/3 pot bet is good.As played, I think I'm calling the river.vsMake standard 50-70 per cent pot bet on flop. I don't hate this line. I just think getting check raised/building a bigger pot isn't great.

When you check behind on the flop, aren't you basically typing "I don't have a good Ace and I'm scared of being check-raised" into the chatbox? Doesn't that just give villain license to lead the turn, at which point you still have no idea where you stand? I'm with the Addict, I think I'd rather fold to a check-raise and be done with the hand then get deeper into the hand without knowing where I stand. Hero got a bit lucky that villain threw out such a small turn bet, but what if villain leads the turn for 1/2 pot there (as played)? Or bets small on the turn and then fires out 4000-ish on the river?
if villain leads for 1/2 pot on the turn, then by calling that bet we'd already be at the river compared to still being clueless on a drawy A-high flop after being check-raised and while having invested the exact same amount.so folding to a large river bet doesnt cost us more than folding to a check-raise.sure, he might have hit his 2-to-5-outer on the turn, but the overall spot we are in is much better than facing a check-raise i believe.
I would bet the flop and if I get called then you can slow down.
This is the way I would play it. There are just so many hands a SB or BB could be playing that to assume they have to have an ace is just leaving chips on the table. Take the shot on the flop and if it's called - slowdown or fold to a ck-raise.
Is the fact that he's really the only other stack at the table that could cripple me important here?
Sure. So why didn't he bet the flop? Wouldn't he lead with an Ace? He has fold equity here and could blow you off this pot... but you could do the same to him.Most players aren't going to get tricky here. If villain doesn't lead the flop, we're 90% certain he missed it or didn't hit it nearly hard enough to continue. Checking behind on the flop basically invites villain to lead the turn with ATC. You have to bet the flop here. The hand probably ends right there if you do.As for his leading the turn as played, he's probably just taking a stab. We didn't show any real strength.