I was reading this very entertaining thread. NNB - sick beat. I know the feeling (although not for that much cash, I would probably puke).Anyway, I was reading it for the first time this morning and seeing all of the drama when a friend of mine back in Arizona sent me a link. I had been thinking of my own bad beats and my current downswing. Feeling horrible for my downswing and of ways to turn it around. It turns out that a friend of mine passed away on Saturday riding his motorcycle on South Mountain. We had lost touch after our favorite hang out closed down - Rio Salado Brewery. But you could find him and I in there several nights a week shooting pool and drinking the best beer in the world. He was like a father figure in some ways. He could be extremely cranky and difficult but he also had a HUGE heart. Before we met his wife of some 30 years passed away after dealing with a horrible sickness for several years. This seemed to destroy his world. But he found some joy in hanging out where everyone knew each other. He also went through double knee replacement surgery and AMAZED me at his very fast recovery. When he took up riding, I was definitely worried about him. Most guys after a life like that don't take up motorcycles in their 60's. But it gave him joy. He was also a very caring father to his kids which I met on several occasions. He beamed with pride when he spoke about them.So there really isn't much connection between the thread and this post except that this hit me a little harder then I thought it would so I wanted to share with friends. The sudden nature of it can definitely have an affect on our perspective on life and the bad luck it throws at us. Live life to the fullest and spend your time doing things you enjoy. And to my friend Don with love, I hope that you have been reunited with your wife. You are in my thoughts.http://www.legionriderstempe.org/Thank you for letting me share.
Sorry for this bud :club:
  • Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for this bud :club:
Thanks Patrick. I know it's not the kind of thing people would expect in an LOL post. But if anyone can take something away from his story and do what they they enjoy, then I know Don would be happy.
you have absolutely no fucking clue what you are talking about.
Am I the only one who lol'd really hard at this? After all the paragraphs I read from navy about "keeping a level head," he ends up snapping. lolI apologize if someone else pointed this out, but this just really made me laugh.edit: omg 2000th post. what a waste.

I can't imagine what it feels like to take that beat on the bubble of a ridiculously high buy-in MTT, and hope I never do.I actually read the entire thread to this page, definitely worth it. It shows the different personalities we have here on FCP... good, bad, sarcastic, trolls, recently-venting-over-a-bad-beat-in-a-ridiculously-high-buy-in-MTT, morons who think keeping winnings is selfish, sick-o poker players... etc.Oh, and BBFIDTS.

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah BBFIDTS.
fypedit: <3nnb

Glad cooler heads prevailed.A lot of times the passion, dedication, work ethic, and intensity it takes to be succesful at something in life means that you will flip out occasionally. It would be like asking a basketball player to never, ever get a technical foul. It isn't going to happen because part of what made him so great was the same passion.Gallo, the difference between Nutz thread and this one was that NNB told someone to go **** themselves on the first page of this thread, then went on to insult some more people, and say he was done posting on FCP. It's the same reason the BKICE thread blew up, it wasn't the initial post, it was the following ones. The next day NNB came on and was pretty rational about the whole thing.I also agree whole heartedly that the time and place to rag on someone is not after they bubbled a $2500 tournament on the absolute bubble due to a bad beat. Whether I think it was thread worthy or not is immaterial (I do), and whether or not I think NNB handled himself in a mature manner afterwards is as well (I don't). Let me tell you though, I have to admit I would have responded the exact same way as he did in this one. $5 tournaments go off every 5 minutes, and you'd get a thread once a day if everyone posted their bad beat busting out of one of those, so in this case the dollar amount does matter, quite a bit actually. $2500 tournaments don't go off every day, even for someone that regularly plays $200 ones, this is a huge event, period. NNB doesn't post when he bubbles $200 tournaments, does he? I've never seen a thread like that from him, so why pile on after he gets upset when people ask about "whether there is a right thread for this". Not the time, not even close.God, I love being the voice of reason.

Gallo, the difference between Nutz thread and this one was that NNB told someone to go **** themselves on the first page of this thread, then went on to insult some more people, and say he was done posting on FCP. It's the same reason the BKICE thread blew up, it wasn't the initial post, it was the following ones. The next day NNB came on and was pretty rational about the whole thing.
Maybe I should've explained myself a little bit more. I lol'd because the first post on NNBs thread was BBFIDTS and the first post in Nutz' was "Awww, sorry man."Just funny at how they both started and ended up.

Ok, I can't hold my tongue about nnb's temper anymore. As some of you know, I went to stay at his house for about a week or so this summer and a little while later, and I have to say I've never met somebody with a bigger or worse temper than no not baxter. While we would be playing, he would just be constantly cursing, yelling, throwing things, breaking expensive objects anytime he took a bad beat. He was also just dropping infinite racial slurs all over the place whenever the black guy avatar on full tilt was beating him in pots. At one point he took his expensive wireless mouse, and chucked it from the second floor down onto the hardwood floor of his house and smashed it into pieces. Me and whoever else would there would just kind of look at each other in amazement about how angry and violent he got while playing. One Sunday after a bunch of bad beat he was just yelling all over the place, wishing aids on people, telling people to die in grease fires and all sorts of other violent insults. When I told him to settle down he turned and looked at me wide eyed and told me to shut the **** up and get my ****ing shine box. I'm not sure what that means but I got really embarssed and hurt by being yelled at by what I thought was a friend. Some of you know, some of you do'nt that me and NNB haven't talked since on aim or anythign and we never watch each others tourneys etc....well this is why. Ya'll may think he's a good person under all the rage, but be assured, the person in the original post and the yelling at mhoward is the real NNB, the apologetic one is just trying to look good on fcp. fu nnb

Glad cooler heads prevailed.A lot of times the passion, dedication, work ethic, and intensity it takes to be succesful at something in life means that you will flip out occasionally. It would be like asking a basketball player to never, ever get a technical foul. It isn't going to happen because part of what made him so great was the same passion.Gallo, the difference between Nutz thread and this one was that NNB told someone to go **** themselves on the first page of this thread, then went on to insult some more people, and say he was done posting on FCP. It's the same reason the BKICE thread blew up, it wasn't the initial post, it was the following ones. The next day NNB came on and was pretty rational about the whole thing.I also agree whole heartedly that the time and place to rag on someone is not after they bubbled a $2500 tournament on the absolute bubble due to a bad beat. Whether I think it was thread worthy or not is immaterial (I do), and whether or not I think NNB handled himself in a mature manner afterwards is as well (I don't). Let me tell you though, I have to admit I would have responded the exact same way as he did in this one. $5 tournaments go off every 5 minutes, and you'd get a thread once a day if everyone posted their bad beat busting out of one of those, so in this case the dollar amount does matter, quite a bit actually. $2500 tournaments don't go off every day, even for someone that regularly plays $200 ones, this is a huge event, period. NNB doesn't post when he bubbles $200 tournaments, does he? I've never seen a thread like that from him, so why pile on after he gets upset when people ask about "whether there is a right thread for this". Not the time, not even close.God, I love being the voice of reason.
Quit being such a fag
Ok, I can't hold my tongue about nnb's temper anymore. As some of you know, I went to stay at his house for about a week or so this summer and a little while later, and I have to say I've never met somebody with a bigger or worse temper than no not baxter. While we would be playing, he would just be constantly cursing, yelling, throwing things, breaking expensive objects anytime he took a bad beat. He was also just dropping infinite racial slurs all over the place whenever the black guy avatar on full tilt was beating him in pots. At one point he took his expensive wireless mouse, and chucked it from the second floor down onto the hardwood floor of his house and smashed it into pieces. Me and whoever else would there would just kind of look at each other in amazement about how angry and violent he got while playing. One Sunday after a bunch of bad beat he was just yelling all over the place, wishing aids on people, telling people to die in grease fires and all sorts of other violent insults. When I told him to settle down he turned and looked at me wide eyed and told me to shut the **** up and get my ****ing shine box. I'm not sure what that means but I got really embarssed and hurt by being yelled at by what I thought was a friend. Some of you know, some of you do'nt that me and NNB haven't talked since on aim or anythign and we never watch each others tourneys etc....well this is why. Ya'll may think he's a good person under all the rage, but be assured, the person in the original post and the yelling at mhoward is the real NNB, the apologetic one is just trying to look good on fcp. fu nnb
Most obv. level ever
this is not normal?
o really?
He was also just dropping infinite racial slurs all over the place whenever the black guy avatar on full tilt was beating him in pots.
What does he say to the panda bear??? God I hate that panda.