• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes! SuitetAces found this thread. I hope we get a page or two of him talking to himself with all his joke accounts, that would be REALLY, REALLY funny if he did.
i fucking hate the cubs.
it was wrong of me to post what i did earlier. however, i still believe that people should "man up" to the beats they take. it doesn't do ANY GOOD WHATSOEVER to dwell on a beat you took a year, a day, or five minutes ago. as poker players all we are is the decisions we make. sometimes those decisions don't work out, but when it doesn't, it doesn't matter, because it's only the decisions that matter.when you take any beat that hurts you have two choices: 1) dwell on the beat, stew over how badly someone else played, think about how great your life would have been if it hadn't happened, imagine the first place money, walk around depressed because it happened, and not be nice to people who aren't sympathetic.or2) be happy with your decisions in the hand, dwell on how far you've made it as a poker player, get excited to play even better next tournament, push yourself to study the game even harder, think about how awesome your life is gonna be when you're an even better player than you are now, and not care about the people who aren't sympathetic because their negative thoughts shouldn't play any part in your long term happiness.between those two decisions the first one is easier. dwelling on it and complaining to a poker forum is honestly a bitch way to go about it. it's the men who are successful in life who turn every set-back into a positive. if you think you don't have a choice you're wrong and you need to work on changing your outlook. every person has this power it's just not the easiest way to live in the moment, but it will make you a better and happier person overall.
A+ post

Big bad beats deep in tournaments really really hurt since you're losing thousands of $$ of equity on the turn of a card.Happened so often recently I sometimes begin to wonder wtf the point is. However I really like and agree with this"2) be happy with your decisions in the hand, dwell on how far you've made it as a poker player, get excited to play even better next tournament, push yourself to study the game even harder, think about how awesome your life is gonna be when you're an even better player than you are now, and not care about the people who aren't sympathetic because their negative thoughts shouldn't play any part in your long term happiness."Also, this thread is really stupid

uh oh8 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)7 Members: king_tanner, Tehtoe, grocery_mony, gatortom64, no not baxter, HijackedAffairs, Pack149

it was wrong of me to post what i did earlier. however, i still believe that people should "man up" to the beats they take. it doesn't do ANY GOOD WHATSOEVER to dwell on a beat you took a year, a day, or five minutes ago. as poker players all we are is the decisions we make. sometimes those decisions don't work out, but when it doesn't, it doesn't matter, because it's only the decisions that matter.when you take any beat that hurts you have two choices: 1) dwell on the beat, stew over how badly someone else played, think about how great your life would have been if it hadn't happened, imagine the first place money, walk around depressed because it happened, and not be nice to people who aren't sympathetic.or2) be happy with your decisions in the hand, dwell on how far you've made it as a poker player, get excited to play even better next tournament, push yourself to study the game even harder, think about how awesome your life is gonna be when you're an even better player than you are now, and not care about the people who aren't sympathetic because their negative thoughts shouldn't play any part in your long term happiness.between those two decisions the first one is easier. dwelling on it and complaining to a poker forum is honestly a bitch way to go about it. it's the men who are successful in life who turn every set-back into a positive. if you think you don't have a choice you're wrong and you need to work on changing your outlook. every person has this power it's just not the easiest way to live in the moment, but it will make you a better and happier person overall.
once again, im a high stakes tournament player...i understand all of this..i understand its pointless to dwell on a beat...i understand all that matters is you got it in good. the fact of the matter is that i took a pretty big beat during a pretty big tournament and i have a history of running bad deep in big tournaments so its sorta like thinking when will it ever happenan... i was steaming and i made the post. w/e, big deal, i dont do it much, deal with it. If you dont have anything nice to say just gtfo and you dont have to make it feel worse. obviously i was pissed off in the heat of the moment and chose option 1..obviously thats not how i am tho as I am up back at it today playing poker, more driven then averi appreciate all the support from my friends, <3 u
once again, im a high stakes tournament player...i understand all of this..i understand its pointless to dwell on a beat...i understand all that matters is you got it in good. the fact of the matter is that i took a pretty big beat during a pretty big tournament and i have a history of running bad deep in big tournaments so its sorta like thinking when will it ever happenan... i was steaming and i made the post. w/e, big deal, i dont do it much, deal with it. If you dont have anything nice to say just gtfo and you dont have to make it feel worse. obviously i was pissed off in the heat of the moment and chose option 1..obviously thats not how i am tho as I am up back at it today playing poker, more driven then averi appreciate all the support from my friends, <3 u
A+ post also

Navy makes some good points but really its not our spot to grind salt into the wounds just because its someones opinion that they should "man up". That is a pretty gross beat and my sympathy goes out to NNB if he wants to make a thread after that, then fine sometimes it helps to get over the beat by airing it on a forum talking with friends etc etc. and no one has to post in the thread if they don't want to.

Full Tilt Poker Game #7678622614: FTOPS Event #22 (54558349), Table 95 - 500/1000 Ante 125 - No Limit Hold'em - 22:58:21 ET - 2008/08/16Seat 1: hmiester (28,642)Seat 2: Kristy Gazes (22,439)Seat 3: Yeshaya (53,197)Seat 4: ChrisChun (107,365)Seat 5: hamazriya (54,931)Seat 6: flash237 (41,958)Seat 7: SBRounder (80,459)Seat 8: soggy dogg (52,752)Seat 9: no not baxter (28,756)hmiester antes 125Kristy Gazes antes 125Yeshaya antes 125ChrisChun antes 125hamazriya antes 125flash237 antes 125SBRounder antes 125soggy dogg antes 125no not baxter antes 125soggy dogg posts the small blind of 500no not baxter posts the big blind of 1,000The button is in seat #7*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to no not baxter [Ks Kd]soggy dogg: im going there right awa for the 1st 330$hmiester foldssoggy dogg: it gets like 1k + entriesKristy Gazes raises to 2,420Yeshaya foldsChrisChun foldshamazriya foldsflash237 raises to 41,833, and is all inSBRounder foldssoggy dogg foldsno not baxter has 15 seconds left to actno not baxter has requested TIMEno not baxter calls 27,631, and is all inKristy Gazes has 15 seconds left to actKristy Gazes foldsflash237 shows [Kh As]no not baxter shows [Ks Kd]Uncalled bet of 13,202 returned to flash237*** FLOP *** [4s 8h 4h]looshle (observer): AAAAAAAAlooshle (observer): AAAlooshle (observer): AAAAAAAAAA*** TURN *** [4s 8h 4h] [8s]looshle (observer): Alooshle (observer): Alooshle (observer): AAA*** RIVER *** [4s 8h 4h 8s] [Ac]looshle (observer): binkkkkkk

8:07 PM[/b]' post='2751514']Full Tilt Poker Game #7678622614: FTOPS Event #22 (54558349), Table 95 - 500/1000 Ante 125 - No Limit Hold'em - 22:58:21 ET - 2008/08/16
Seriously all you ****ing morons, he posted this 9 minutes after losing a huge hand on a sick beat. If you don't think that 10 minutes later, and even several hours later he's going to be a little emotional and upset about this, you've obviously run like a Kenyan Usain Bolt your entire career.

19 User(s) are reading this topic (7 Guests and 1 Anonymous Users)11 Members: Vtlaxer09, msals11, king_tanner, SuperJon, lunarphase, grocery_mony, The Lobster, untunga, chgocubs99, fitzinabox, Canary3I dont think you're elevator goes all the way to the top.