What Can I Turn 8 Dollars Into On Stars

Run like crap all month in everything, was feeling ok about my game but didnt go anywhere.So i now have 8 dollars, wont reload, what should i play ?5 mtts ? or 5 sngs or should i just quit ?

Run like crap all month in everything, was feeling ok about my game but didnt go anywhere.So i now have 8 dollars, wont reload, what should i play ?5 mtts ? or 5 sngs or should i just quit ?
1 HU SnG, win it move to 6 seat sngs

this is how i run i know i am slowplaying but i get my read spot on, and it just happens all the time.I think i may quit cause i think i suck bad PokerStars Game #19670284442: Tournament #100868422, $1.00+$0.10 Hold'em No Limit - Level III (25/50) - 2008/08/16 - 19:33:49 (ET)Table '100868422 24' 9-max Seat #9 is the buttonSeat 1: mosalyers (850 in chips) Seat 2: onedaythe1 (1915 in chips) Seat 3: Jgb8879 (730 in chips) Seat 4: Mr.B5 (3255 in chips) Seat 5: TwiztidChamp (2565 in chips) Seat 6: raisinghell (805 in chips) is sitting outSeat 7: midvalley42 (410 in chips) Seat 8: ford2424 (1265 in chips) Seat 9: GRJ78 (2670 in chips) mosalyers: posts small blind 25onedaythe1: posts big blind 50*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to GRJ78 [Qh Qd]Jgb8879: folds Mr.B5: calls 50TwiztidChamp: folds raisinghell: folds midvalley42: folds ford2424: calls 50GRJ78: calls 50mosalyers: calls 25onedaythe1: checks *** FLOP *** [2d 6h Jh]mosalyers: checks onedaythe1: checks Mr.B5: checks ford2424: bets 300GRJ78: calls 300mosalyers: folds onedaythe1: folds Mr.B5: folds *** TURN *** [2d 6h Jh] [Th]ford2424: bets 915 and is all-inGRJ78: calls 915*** RIVER *** [2d 6h Jh Th] [Ad]*** SHOW DOWN ***ford2424: shows [Ac Jc] (two pair, Aces and Jacks)GRJ78: shows [Qh Qd] (a pair of Queens)ford2424 collected 2680 from pot*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 2680 | Rake 0 Board [2d 6h Jh Th Ad]Seat 1: mosalyers (small blind) folded on the FlopSeat 2: onedaythe1 (big blind) folded on the FlopSeat 3: Jgb8879 folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 4: Mr.B5 folded on the FlopSeat 5: TwiztidChamp folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 6: raisinghell folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 7: midvalley42 folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 8: ford2424 showed [Ac Jc] and won (2680) with two pair, Aces and JacksSeat 9: GRJ78 (button) showed [Qh Qd] and lost with a pair of Queens

I cashed out my Stars roll a while ago to pay for bills and I switched sites but I saw I had 1.84 left in my Stars account. I'm in the process of running it up to 100 and cashing out. I expect to be able to do this and I'm doing it by short stacking cash games.I would have been there already but I had a bad beat at 50nl to crush my hopes of doing it in less than 500 hands. It was 8s6s > QQ AIPF/sighhhhhh

That's not slowplaying, that's just pure stupidity.Limping in with a bunch of others limpers with pocket Queens is probably one of the dumbest plays you can make. I'm not trying to be mean with this either, you just don't do that.

I think i may quit cause i think i suck bad
Agreed. The postflop stuff's all reasonable, but limping preflop there is terri-bad. It's easy to focus on the big pots where you get sucked out on, but you're probably throwing away a ton of small pots playing stupid/passive like that.

Use whatever FPP's you have to sattelite into the weekly 100K. Play the 10-man 70 FPP SnG. I made an extra $400 recently thanks to those without much effort. Not depositing money sounds like a good idea for now. The only time I limp QQ in that situation is when I misclick.

That's not slowplaying, that's just pure stupidity.Limping in with a bunch of others limpers with pocket Queens is probably one of the dumbest plays you can make. I'm not trying to be mean with this either, you just don't do that.
Nah i think it was ok, i was at the table i knew what action was going on, i know what your saying but like 75% of the time i would raise with this, but this time i called and was doing fine, you may think its bad, but just because you have a big pair dosent mean you have to raise 100% of the time.What if i raise there 5 times the bb ? and get no action, what if he shoves all in i am still getting beat, i dont think its stupid, i think that i am mixing my play...its a bad beat nothing else than that.Why is it stupid or dumb ?Edit: that was the first hand i limped all tourney, yeah its passive but i just checked my hh and limping is a bad habit i agree, i just felt at that table it was an ok playEdit 2: dont wanna sound like a dick in my previous posts but i dont think you can judge my whole play from one handedit 3 : i won the hu
Nah i think it was ok, i was at the table i knew what action was going on, i know what your saying but like 75% of the time i would raise with this, but this time i called and was doing fine, you may think its bad, but just because you have a big pair dosent mean you have to raise 100% of the time.What if i raise there 5 times the bb ? and get no action, what if he shoves all in i am still getting beat, i dont think its stupid, i think that i am mixing my play...its a bad beat nothing else than that.Why is it stupid or dumb ?Edit: that was the first hand i limped all tourney, yeah its passive but i just checked my hh and limping is a bad habit i agree, i just felt at that table it was an ok playEdit 2: dont wanna sound like a dick in my previous posts but i dont think you can judge my whole play from one handedit 3 : i won the hu
If you think that that hand was just "grrr...this is how I run!" Then yes, we can judge a lot by it. And again by you stodgily defending yourself here. You cost yourself a very large pot instead of winning a good sized one there, and mixing up your play isn't a good excuse. Mix up by betting and raising different stuff, not by playing a big hand into passive purgatory.
Trust me, with premium hands like QQ, you are raising more than 75%, more than 100% if that was even possible. If everyone folds, so what? That's poker. Don't try and get into this "maximising game". Okay, for arguments sake let's say I limp the button along with the other four players in the hand. Regardless of the flop, we're pretty much only going to get action with hands that beat us. If that flop came 10-8-2 and we bet then we can assume all those other hands are going to fold. If we raise pre-flop, then that AJ is going to come along for the ride, and we're going to at least win an extra 5 or so BB's whether a Jack flops or not. The bolded part above is definately not true, especially for $1 45-man SNG's. We're ahead of a villain's shoving range here around 97% of the time. And we're flipping maybe 2% of the time. Most people at these levels play Aces and Kings the exact same way you played your Queens because they're scared of everybody folding, them slowing down allow us to either get away from our hand or outflop them and win all their money.
i don't think a limp there is horrible however at this level it is not necessary and you probably did it for the wrong reasons.
How is a limp there not horrible? The only time limping there might be an okay play is if you have good reason to believe one of the blinds is highly aggressive and will raise a wide range. Otherwise you give your opponents (especially at this level of play) freedom to see the flop with all sorts of hands that can outflop you. You really want to raise and preferably get heads-up with position against one of the limpers.QQ is not the nuts and you can't "slowplay" it like it is.Everyone goes on bad runs now and then but if your bad run has completely depleted your bankroll then you need to do 2 things:1) learn about bankroll management2) take a good, long hard look at your play and start working on plugging the leaks
How is a limp there not horrible? The only time limping there might be an okay play is if you have good reason to believe one of the blinds is highly aggressive and will raise a wide range. Otherwise you give your opponents (especially at this level of play) freedom to see the flop with all sorts of hands that can outflop you. You really want to raise and preferably get heads-up with position against one of the limpers.QQ is not the nuts and you can't "slowplay" it like it is.Everyone goes on bad runs now and then but if your bad run has completely depleted your bankroll then you need to do 2 things:1) learn about bankroll management2) take a good, long hard look at your play and start working on plugging the leaks
if you are limping that there thinking that you are slow playing it then you're right, its pretty horrible.

Thansk for the advice guys.I see were you are going with this now, and yes the qq was a mistake pre-flop

I will limp with queens every now and then, but only if it is 3 people or less left with me in the hand. But if I do limp, then I am doing it quite prepared to throw it away if a scare card comes. But on this level AJ is not going anywhere either way, and after he flopped a jack, money was going in no matter what you did, so no real reason to feel bad. AJ was not folding for 5 times BB on this level like, never.

I will limp with queens every now and then, but only if it is 3 people or less left with me in the hand. But if I do limp, then I am doing it quite prepared to throw it away if a scare card comes. But on this level AJ is not going anywhere either way, and after he flopped a jack, money was going in no matter what you did, so no real reason to feel bad. AJ was not folding for 5 times BB on this level like, never.
don't start w/ the results based thinking. It doesn't help things.

You're contradicting yourself, you go on about how you run so terrible, then you go on about how you really suck at poker.Maybe, just maybe, you're mistaking the latter for the former.

You're contradicting yourself, you go on about how you run so terrible, then you go on about how you really suck at poker.Maybe, just maybe, you're mistaking the latter for the former.
Yeah mebbe i am, yeah time to take some time off. Plus my mouse has died ( pc mouse i dont keep real ones )
don't start w/ the results based thinking. It doesn't help things.
Yeah, the point of raising with QQ is so that you do get the call from AJ. You want him to pay a price to hit one of his few outs to beat your QQ. What you don't want is letting other mediocre hands see the flop cheaply, like KT, K7s, T9s. QQ loses a significant amount of value when it has to face several of these hands.