All of you with half a brain should read 2+2 daily.With very few exceptions, most of them are "herd" players. Whatever book is hot right now is how they try to play. Failing that, they always revert to the weak-tight play DS and MM are so fond of. You need to know how the herd is playing guys.Just about every decent pokermind has stopped posting there, and who can blame them? Come up with an idea, a strategy, a concept that doesn't follow the DS mantra and the nits nitpick you to death in their cliqueish high school mindset.Brann

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just about every decent pokermind has stopped posting there, and who can blame them? Come up with an idea, a strategy, a concept that doesn't follow the DS mantra and the nits nitpick you to death in their cliqueish high school mindset.Brann
This I disagree with. The HSMTT board still has good content and posts by top players.
BIGGEST maybe, MOST ARROGANT douche still goes to DS.
I think DS is more of a pervy freak imo, Malmuth just seems like a horrible horrible person who was abused by his parents as a child
I think DS is more of a pervy freak imo, Malmuth just seems like a horrible horrible person who was abused by his parents as a child
Lol, trust me, besides being a pervy freak (and theres nothing wrong with that, imo!) DS is an arrogant douche, and has been for the over 50 years Ive known him!
i'm getting sick of that forum. every thread is filled with a bunch of whinny kids trying to act clever and cynical but really acting like asses. it has slowly turned into the ultimate middle school. no thanks. after seeing this i don't think im going to post anything of any value there anymore.
Same here.

I wonder why a huge percentage of the 2+2 regular posting community write better strat than his own authors? Maybe because they are constantly trying to learn and get better and are open minded, and not some 60 year old old time weak tight nitjob who now has to worry more about book sales because he cant beat games like he used to?Either A) accept that you have to learn yourself or B) the most likely and easiest option, hire a new writer off the forum + slap a 2+2 logo on his book = profit. That's the info everyones coming to the site for anyways.

I wonder why a huge percentage of the 2+2 regular posting community write better strat than his own authors? Maybe because they are constantly trying to learn and get better and are open minded, and not some 60 year old old time weak tight nitjob who now has to worry more about book sales because he cant beat games like he used to?Either A) accept that you have to learn yourself or B) the most likely and easiest option, hire a new writer off the forum + slap a 2+2 logo on his book = profit. That's the info everyones coming to the site for anyways.
if they would take all the useful knowledge in 2+2 put it in a book and then sell it to me I would gladly pay $20 to not half to sift through the idiots posting stupid stuff to get to the real gems.
if they would take all the useful knowledge in 2+2 put it in a book and then sell it to me I would gladly pay $20 to not half to sift through the idiots posting stupid stuff to get to the real gems.
QFT
Heres a shortcut: Read betgo, bond18, busto_soon, annette_18 and shaundeeb OPs.
HiI am the originator of the story. I was contacted by the anonymous moderator at Two Plus Two. I am still in contact with him.He sent me the story for me to post on my blog:Original Two Plus Two Malmuth limiting strategy posts story
Cool! The reason I didn't post the link to your blog is that I couldn't read the message from MM in it - it's too small and when I click it to make it bigger it is still too small to read. And then when I click it again it brings me to some homepage or something. Nice work breaking the story though :club:.

From 4:A mod posted this:

mason eventually said this:"Hi Everyone:We have been discussing this internally and have taken into consideration the reaction here. Our decision is to table this for now and not to change anything on site. However, we did want to bring it to everyone's attention in case we need to re-open this issue sometime in the future."
And another mod posted this:
el-oh-el. I just went back and read the thread again. Such gold in there.In the end everyone tried to convince Mason that he was retarded for trying to keep quality poker discussion off of twoplustwo.com and he just kept plugging away about how strategy discussion hurt book sales.Even when he was defeated by unanimous decision he stuck to his conviction that the site was better off without good strategy discussion and he only tabled the idea for the future after several mods threatened to quit.
emphasis added
Cool! The reason I didn't post the link to your blog is that I couldn't read the message from MM in it - it's too small and when I click it to make it bigger it is still too small to read. And then when I click it again it brings me to some homepage or something. Nice work breaking the story though :club:.
Thanks, Working on some more info on UB right now.
Heres a shortcut: Read betgo, bond18, busto_soon, annette_18 and shaundeeb OPs.
I met Tony 'bond18' in Macau a few weeks back. real nice guy.