I haven't even bothered looking for discussion of this on 4 because they have a little habit of deleting threads. I found this on NWP (I know, but I swear to Otis it's the first time I've been there in months, that annoying Micon avatar made me think of it though).It was posted by DanDruff, but he didn't make the thread or uncover the story. I guess it was posted in like a mod forum on 4 or something, I don't really care, obviously it wasn't a public post, but a mod anonymously emailed it out to people and there you go. Anyways here it is.mason.jpgand Ed Miller's statement on his website, that he was receiving pressure from Malmuth:npa_mason.jpgI think in general more needs to be said about the strange things that happen on 4.http://www.neverwinpoker.com/forums/index....st&p=952548And on a semi-related note, Sklansky photoshops are still funny.Cliffs notes: Mason Malmuth instructs mods on 4 to make the strat stickies LESS useful so he can sell more books. He also succesfully pressures Ed Miller to remove much of the free strategy content on his site so MM can sell more of his books. Please to note, the specific posts which MM is trying to have re-hidden in the archives are not necessarily (not by any means) made by him or any other 2+2 authors.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Things like this might explain why DN never posts here with any strategic content anymore too, imo.Being dumb enough to come right out and say it is a whole other thing, but whatever.

Wow. Mason is a clown(if you see this Mason dont ban me on 2+2 plz). Most of the good posts they stickied would be too advanced or specialized to be in their books anyways.Also people getting good content from their website would make them more likely to stick around 2+2 and support their books sales and trust whats written in them imo.

i'm getting sick of that forum. every thread is filled with a bunch of whinny kids trying to act clever and cynical but really acting like asses. it has slowly turned into the ultimate middle school. no thanks. after seeing this i don't think im going to post anything of any value there anymore.

The golf course might explain why DN never posts here with any strategic content anymore too, imo..
FYPTrust me. Daniel and that ray of sunshine Mason don't think in the same way about anything.Daniel cut back on his writing things like his Card Player column because of time isssues and not wanting to write as much and as much as I wish he were more involved in strategy here at FCP the reason isn't related to thinking about book sales. He just doesn't think that way.
i'm getting sick of that forum. every thread is filled with a bunch of whinny kids trying to act clever and cynical but really acting like asses. it has slowly turned into the ultimate middle school. no thanks.
I've read very little on 2+2, but from the small sample i've read that's the vague conclusion I came too as well...
i'm getting sick of that forum. every thread is filled with a bunch of whinny kids trying to act clever and cynical but really acting like asses. it has slowly turned into the ultimate middle school. no thanks. after seeing this i don't think im going to post anything of any value there anymore.
I've read very little on 2+2, but from the small sample i've read that's the vague conclusion I came too as well...
However, at 4 there is some very good analysisAA<33 yes, I know, BBF is DTS
FYPTrust me. Daniel and that ray of sunshine Mason don't think in the same way about anything.Daniel cut back on his writing things like his Card Player column because of time isssues and not wanting to write as much and as much as I wish he were more involved in strategy here at FCP the reason isn't related to thinking about book sales. He just doesn't think that way.
I think this comment is going to spur some discussion about this topic. It's okay for Daniel not to post anything from his book in the forums so that it inclines us to purchase it. I certainly wouldn't expect him to post tons of tips from the book in the strat forums, etc. Anyone who'd take offense to that doesn't understand business at all...Daniel might not think that way but he's not stupid, either.
I think this comment is going to spur some discussion about this topic. It's okay for Daniel not to post anything from his book in the forums so that it inclines us to purchase it. I certainly wouldn't expect him to post tons of tips from the book in the strat forums, etc. Anyone who'd take offense to that doesn't understand business at all...Daniel might not think that way but he's not stupid, either.
Actually I think posting some exerpts from his book would be a good marketing tool for Daniel to use to get more book sales. Sampling does work in marketing.What I mostly mean by Daniel not thinking like Mason is that Mason is a joyless person who obsesses over every penny that in his mind he thinks he's losing. If Daniel wanted to post more about strat at FCP he would do it and the thought that it might cost him a book sale or two wouldn't stop him from doing it.
Malmuth is sooooo nitty, he makes Teddy the Iceman Munroe in Event 12 look like a 90/70.
loooooli actually met one of mason's lawyers in the cab line at the wynn last year and she was absurdly hot. i would also never put daniel's lack of strat posting to this reason either, although i do miss the occasional quizzes and such.
loooooli actually met one of mason's lawyers in the cab line at the wynn last year and she was absurdly hot. i would also never put daniel's lack of strat posting to this reason either, although i do miss the occasional quizzes and such.
This comes as no surprise. If either Mason or Sklansky turned up with a dungeon full of hot chicks in their basement that they were using as their sex slaves, that is the one time in the world you wouldn't find someone come on the tv and say "I am so surprised. I would never expect this from him." They both are as creepy as they come.

After fossilman won the WSOP they either deleted his archived threads or removed them from search because he was going to write a book for them. Having dealt with them on a business level, their apparent view of business ethics is that they are the same as poker ethics. Not my view.

This comes as no surprise. If either Mason or Sklansky turned up with a dungeon full of hot chicks in their basement that they were using as their sex slaves, that is the one time in the world you wouldn't find someone come on the tv and say "I am so surprised. I would never expect this from him." They both are as creepy as they come.
what if it were a dungeon full of Special Olympians?
Actually I think posting some exerpts from his book would be a good marketing tool for Daniel to use to get more book sales. Sampling does work in marketing.What I mostly mean by Daniel not thinking like Mason is that Mason is a joyless person who obsesses over every penny that in his mind he thinks he's losing. If Daniel wanted to post more about strat at FCP he would do it and the thought that it might cost him a book sale or two wouldn't stop him from doing it.
Malmuth is the king of the nittiest of nits.
LOOK AT THE GUY!!! He can not not be a nit!Mason-Malmuth.jpg
I totally agree with this. My point was basically geared toward the 'Why by the cow if you can get the milk for free' saying. Daniel isn't anything like this tool in the OP, but he shouldn't give his hard work away entirely in the strat forums, either.

I hope no one on 2+2 buys any of his books because of this, not that anyone with access to the internet would acctually need to buy a poker book anyway(Barring the Mathematics of Poker).Malmuth seems like the biggest douche ever

I hope no one on 2+2 buys any of his books because of this, not that anyone with access to the internet would acctually need to buy a poker book anyway(Barring the Mathematics of Poker).Malmuth seems like the biggest douche ever
BIGGEST maybe, MOST ARROGANT douche still goes to DS.