Official Michael Phelps Gold Medal Thread

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched the underwater view frame by frame on my DVR, and my opinion has changed, I think he actually did get to the wall first, but it was almost simultaneous.

I watched the underwater view frame by frame on my DVR, and my opinion has changed, I think he actually did get to the wall first, but it was almost simultaneous.
.001 is pretty close.
There's a protest being filed. It ain't over yet. (But I think Phelps won it.)
Ceremony over before the protest was filed?Whatever...we win .. you lost.Friggin cry baby.crybaby.jpgU S A !U S A !

Even though it was close and I realize that Phelps won, that other dude was just gliding and hoping to get to the wall. Kick your fucking legs or something. Geez Louise, do something to win rather than just coast in the water.

Hmmmmm.....If I weren't American ... I'd call foul.Chrozzo? See the replay?Oh well!U S A ! !U S A ! !
FKIN A!!!i saw at my pub....everyone cheered!
That was the sickest race I've ever seen. This was the first Phelps metal swim that I actually got to see live. Man, was it exciting. My heart is still beating; I'm not sure how he does it without throwing up. His mom looked like she had just seen a ghost when he won. What a swimmer.
i thought his mom was having a MIlol
that. was. nuts.
werd
That was ridiculous...I can't believe he came back from that
werd
Even though it was close and I realize that Phelps won, that other dude was just gliding and hoping to get to the wall. Kick your fucking legs or something. Geez Louise, do something to win rather than just coast in the water.
yeah...well in previous races ive seen the swimmers look at each other during the race underwater.....the other guy just reached too early...and phelps took another stroke.....imo...thats what won it

The over head shot I seen it looked pretty obvious phelps got it. Its absolutely unbelievable how he actually did that when his hand was parrell with his shoulder and cavic was inches away but somehow he swung it in but he got it.

The over head shot I seen it looked pretty obvious phelps got it. Its absolutely unbelievable how he actually did that when his hand was parrell with his shoulder and cavic was inches away but somehow he swung it in but he got it.
the underwater shot they showed before the relay showed Phelps winning... from all the replays last night though I was like 95% sure he was beat. They should have showed the underwater shot on the first replay.Anyways, amazing. Its impossible to be a west coaster and not know that he won before I saw it on TV which sucks, but it was still exciting. Brendan Hansen was a joke on the Breastroke leg. But other than him great relay.
Phelps right hand (Far left side of pic) touched first:opgm-37117-mid.jpg
Technically you are supposed to touch the wall in butterfly (and breastroke) with 2 hands at the same time so the replay shows that he should be disqualified lol. It also shows the horrible finish by Cavic, keeping his head up like that cost him the gold. 8 GOLD MEDALS!!!!!