Right Or Wrong Play?

Its an on-line tournament and its just before or after first break(can't remember), and I have around 2500 in chips which is slightly below the average stack size at 3K. I'm on the button with Qd 10d and blinds are at 30-60 and middle position big stack LAG player raises minimum to 120. I call plus BB(calling station) for a 3-way pot. Flop comes down 6?-8d-9d giving me a straight/flush draw. BB checks then LAG big stack fires out a pot-size bet (about 400 or so) so I re-raise to 1000 hoping to take it down right there. But BB moves over the top ALL-IN for about 5K which has me covered and only half LAG's stack which LAG calls as well. I call and am all-in and figure the BB calling station for 2 pair and LAG big stack for who knows what. Well i don't improve and am drawing dead to a Jd on the turn when BB turns his set of 6s into a full boat when 9 hits the turn and I go out, i thought it was a good spot to get my chips in and possibly triple up, WHAT DOES EVERYONE ELSE THINK? oh yeah LAG had AA.

donk or not, what can BB have to be betting pot OOP into that board? Either he's on a draw himself, which has a good chance of being better than your draw on the flush side, or he has a made straight or a set or 2 pair. Card combinations slightlly favor you being behind here. Forgetting the straights (either his made or your draw) and his made 2 pair hands as offsetting each other, he has 9 set combinations, 15 flush draws that beat you, 21 flush draws that you beat. Further, you dont have fold equity against anything but a bluff if that is his range.I would just use position and call the flop.

donk or not, what can BB have to be betting pot OOP into that board? Either he's on a draw himself, which has a good chance of being better than your draw on the flush side, or he has a made straight or a set or 2 pair. Card combinations slightlly favor you being behind here. Forgetting the straights (either his made or your draw) and his made 2 pair hands as offsetting each other, he has 9 set combinations, 15 flush draws that beat you, 21 flush draws that you beat. Further, you dont have fold equity against anything but a bluff if that is his range.I would just use position and call the flop.
i agree, especially in tournaments with a middle stack - you often find yourself in a spot where you are committing yourself too easily with a draw in a multi-way-pot.also, it actually gives you better odds to draw to your flush if you just call, giving the BB more reason to call along with marginal hands at the same time as protecting YOUR stack from being overshoved as shown in this case.my thinking in these situations is, that there is a good chance a calling station will call behind on that flop with a lot of hands, giving you pot odds of more than the 2-1 you were getting from the LAG (not exactly 3-1 as he wont always call as well as raise sometimes).and if he is drawing to a straight with one hole-card, he might actually pay you off as well if you make your flush with another straight card.he wont fold two-pair or a set either way, whether you raise the LAG or just flat him, so calling 1) protects your stack by giving you the option of folding in case something crazy happens 2) increases your potential payout should you make your flush on the turn 3) and keeps the pot smaller while you are on a draw.however, this also depends on the structure of the tourney and how fast you are forced to play.given that blinds were only at 30/60 and close to a break, i doubt it was anything painfully fast.with a station two to your left, there should be lots of good opportunities to increase your stack with LP play when he is in the blinds, so i dont think its a good idea to get it all in with the 3rd NFD and two overs who more often than not arent worth anything in that particular spot.

Hell, it's not the worst move ever, but your flush is only 3rd best and your str8 draw is a gutshot, so...Do not give a LAG opportunity to re-raise when you're on a draw, unless it's a nutflush/OESD draw. You really want to have as many outs as possible as it's tough getting a read on what the opponents are holding.FWIW, I've raised and been called by T4o when I've had AA and then they hit 2 pair. Poker can be dangerous against players like that.

Hell, it's not the worst move ever, but your flush is only 3rd best and your str8 draw is a gutshot, so...Do not give a LAG opportunity to re-raise when you're on a draw, unless it's a nutflush/OESD draw. You really want to have as many outs as possible as it's tough getting a read on what the opponents are holding.FWIW, I've raised and been called by T4o when I've had AA and then they hit 2 pair. Poker can be dangerous against players like that.
He has a double gutshot straight, by the way.