Another Fcper Ruins Stakes For Lots Of Others

escrow the money imo
lol, I wont speak for Teddys trust level of me, but I've never met him and would trust him with like $5k or some other large sum of money without even thinking twice about it, if the need arose. I really don't think we need to escrow a $50 bet.
  • Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is amazing. I love how there are a ton of pages already jumping all over this guy. He did rub a lot of people the wrong way at times, me included. But WTF... This is total mob mentality on an internet forum. Wanting to lynch the guy because he disappeared. This isn't like Rab AT ALL where he continued to play and post and actually win money while he owed it to someone else - and admitted to breaking his staking rules. FCP as a community is accusing a guy who has been here for several years, with a few thousand posts and obviously plays poker regularly (if not very poorly) of vanishing with $75? This guy has not logged on, has not played played in tournaments and no one has heard from him since the end of June. That usually means that there is a reason. I am not going to start guessing at what that reason is, it's not my place. But come on people. This is disgusting. How about next time someone vanishes, post asking if anyone has heard from him. I would be much more sympathetic if the OP actually showed some concern for his horse other then where's his $75. Grinder got answers from his guy pretty quickly (next time start with PM's).I just don't get it. I hope he did just vanish with that life changing money and that he is okay. Hate to see anything bad happen to anyone.

I have to agree with Addict, it seems that the guy has just disappeared. He hasn't logged on or played since June, it seems that maybe something has happened in his personal life and not that he just took off with the money.

FCP as a community is accusing a guy who has been here for several years, with a few thousand posts and obviously plays poker regularly (if not very poorly) of vanishing with $75?
But that's exactly what happened. He vanished. With $75. If something bad happened to him, we will all feel sympathy, but at this point all evidence points towards that he got married and his wife doesn't want him playing poker any more. There are very few forms of disappearing which do not require you to settle your debts before you go.
Ahhh, yes you did. That was a lot of reading that I had to catch up on.
Well I was a little less outraged. I just brought this up because I'm jealous Gallo agreed with you and not me :club:
But that's exactly what happened. He vanished. With $75. If something bad happened to him, we will all feel sympathy, but at this point all evidence points towards that he got married and his wife doesn't want him playing poker any more. There are very few forms of disappearing which do not require you to settle your debts before you go.
I disagree, there are plenty of things that can happen in life that would take precedence over $75. Especially for someone that is married, 27 years old and would still have the need to take a stake for $50. All of which is sad imo, but what can you do.BTW... Who gets into a long term staking deal for $50 or $100? I can see if it is with someone that you are friends with and want to help them get better. But wow, to have someone control what games I can play for $50 and then take half of what I win. I have heard of a few long term staking deals at micro to med limits. And I must admit, I just don't get it.EDIT: That came off pretty harsh I guess. But we are only talking abut a month. Accidents, family emergencies, things of this nature definitely happen. I would have just thought that FCP as a community would show a little more concern before jumping on someone for $50 or $75. (like Slap Stick).
I disagree, there are plenty of things that can happen in life that would take precedence over $75. Especially for someone that is married, 27 years old and would still have the need to take a stake for $50. All of which is sad imo, but what can you do.BTW... Who gets into a long term staking deal for $50 or $100? I can see if it is with someone that you are friends with and want to help them get better. But wow, to have someone control what games I can play for $50 and then take half of what I win. I have heard of a few long term staking deals at micro to med limits. And I must admit, I just don't get it.
Geeeeeez, why don't you come out and say it already..... I know, I know, you are trying to tell me that my $5 stake for grinding 01c/02c will probably be over with that post. Why don't you PM instead of beating around the bush like this :club:
I disagree, there are plenty of things that can happen in life that would take precedence over $75. Especially for someone that is married, 27 years old and would still have the need to take a stake for $50. All of which is sad imo, but what can you do.BTW... Who gets into a long term staking deal for $50 or $100? I can see if it is with someone that you are friends with and want to help them get better. But wow, to have someone control what games I can play for $50 and then take half of what I win. I have heard of a few long term staking deals at micro to med limits. And I must admit, I just don't get it.
Just because $75 is nothing to you, don't assume it isn't to others. In the end your moral outrage seems to be that it is over $75 since you have mentioned it several times. Not sure exactly what you expected OP to do? In the end, his $75 is gone and in the end, the person he gave it to, is nowhere to be found. It's not like he has any way of finding out if something bad happened or if the guy lost his money and is ashamed, embarrassed, too degen to come on and say so. Given the nature of the way things work, Option B is MUCH more likely. It's not like there aren't like 9 million instances of this happening. Sure, all of us are going off circumstantial evidence but most of us have enough experience with this sort of stuff to say "yep, he probably lost it". It's not a mob mentality at all, it's just common sense.
Geeeeeez, why don't you come out and say it already..... I know, I know, you are trying to tell me that my $5 stake for grinding 01c/02c will probably be over with that post. Why don't you PM instead of beating around the bush like this :club:
HAHAHAHA... Well, I have PM'd you and all the sudden you start replying to me in French. You know I don't speak French.
I disagree, there are plenty of things that can happen in life that would take precedence over $75.
Agreed, but you still should respond to the guy you owe and let him know what's up. It's not like he doesn't have internet access, he intentionally deleted his myspace page two days ago. That to me shows an intention to disappear.
Agreed, but you still should respond to the guy you owe and let him know what's up. It's not like he doesn't have internet access, he intentionally deleted his myspace page two days ago. That to me shows an intention to disappear.
man your like CSI
Just because $75 is nothing to you, don't assume it isn't to others. In the end your moral outrage seems to be that it is over $75 since you have mentioned it several times. Not sure exactly what you expected OP to do? In the end, his $75 is gone and in the end, the person he gave it to, is nowhere to be found. It's not like he has any way of finding out if something bad happened or if the guy lost his money and is ashamed, embarrassed, too degen to come on and say so. Given the nature of the way things work, Option B is MUCH more likely. It's not like there aren't like 9 million instances of this happening. Sure, all of us are going off circumstantial evidence but most of us have enough experience with this sort of stuff to say "yep, he probably lost it". It's not a mob mentality at all, it's just common sense.
NOT AT ALL... My outrage is in comparing this to Rab. Rab continued to talk to people, play poker, post. He didn't just disappear. He just did not respond to BK. It's completely different. This guy has been MIA for just over a month. Even if it was a grand, two grand, I would feel the same. I was including the amount to help keep it in perspective.As for 9 million instances of this happening with other people. That argument is ridiculous to me. Because other people have disappeared with money, this guy must have as well. How about the 9 million instances where people do get in accidents, get sick, have family emergencies? Those are quite likely as well. I am not saying that I know what exactly happened here. But a little patience is probably called for. If you respect someone enough to enter an agreement like this, then show them a little more respect in giving some more time to find out what happened.
You could be correct. I am not saying I know. Just saying that there are other reasons for things like that happening as well. I will not assume his intentions because he is obviously a much different person then me and has a much different life. That was really my point.

In all my dealings with freak in the "Everyday Normal Guy Poker Crew" he always seemed like a good guy. I loaned him money on occasion and he paid it back in full in a timely manner. I hate to say the something bad has happened but I don't think he just blew it and ran.

In all my dealings with freak in the "Everyday Normal Guy Poker Crew" he always seemed like a good guy. I loaned him money on occasion and he paid it back in full in a timely manner. I hate to say the something bad has happened but I don't think he just blew it and ran.
Was my point. And OMG that sig made me laugh!!!!! Awesome.
As for 9 million instances of this happening with other people. That argument is ridiculous to me.
You really think that if of the 200 times (probably more) I have seen this that even though 199 of them have been that some degen poker player lost the money it has no merits as to what "might have" happened here?? Does it mean for sure 100% that is what happened? No. But it is the most plausible explanation by a mile.
Well I was a little less outraged. I just brought this up because I'm jealous Gallo agreed with you and not me :ts
I guess I skipped that page. :club:
You really think that if of the 200 times (probably more) I have seen this that even though 199 of them have been that some degen poker player lost the money it has no merits as to what "might have" happened here?? Does it mean for sure 100% that is what happened? No. But it is the most plausible explanation by a mile.
This could completely be the case. Of course in this thread alone we found one misunderstanding between a HIGHLY respected member and poker player and someone that supposedly disappeared owing him money. It was a misunderstanding and looks like he was taken away from poker for a legitimate reason.It's been a month. This thread might have taken a different path if the OP would have said, I haven't heard from Freak in a while, he hasn't signed on or played poker as far as I know - has anyone seen him? then gone on to explain his agreement and that he has been gone for a month. For those that do not play poker for a living, life does get in the way. What I didn't understand is if you felt good enough about staking him, why your first public attempt to find the guy turned into a witch hunt. How this guy is ruining stakes for everyone and that he cut an ran.(okay, now Freak, you really help my argument if you show up soon and explain that there was some emergency that took you away for a month)