Another Fcper Ruins Stakes For Lots Of Others

A few months ago, I had had just about enough of poker, so I decided to give away most of the rest of my paltry roll as stakes. I gave away a few little ones here and there, $33 to one player, and $50 to freak2304, with set rules in place for how he was to play it as if it were a $100 starting roll (with me providing the second $50 if need be), send me daily updates and HHs, changing levels only with clearance from me, and playing often enough so that I'd probably see at least some return on my investment. He played daily for a few weeks, then stopped for awhile... told me he had just changed jobs, and was trying to adjust to a new schedule. That wasn't a big deal, so I waited it out, and in time, he started playing again in late June. In early July, he was up about $40 in total, and that's the last I've heard from him. I've sent multiple e-mails, posted quietly in the ENGPC thread, asked if anyone else had contact information, and I've gotten nothing. The only information I have on him is his name and location (Phil Harden, Lawrence, KS), his e-mail address (freak2304@yahoo.com), and his myspace, until he deleted it in the last day or 2.I realize that in comparison to what some of you have lost due to upstanding citizens like RAB, the $75 or so that he owes me isn't much, but I'd still like to have it back... and if I can't get it back, I just wanted to make sure he doesn't reappear and take someone else's money next.If anyone knows anything more on how to get in touch with him, I'd appreciate it greatly.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it was a stake you ****ing idiot... by someone that was a trusted member
He is a trusted member, but the OP knows only him name and location? I understand the process. Have any of you met him in person? I guess if I gave someone $50 and expected anything in return, I'd like to know a little more about them.
He is a trusted member, but the OP knows only him name and location? I understand the process. Have any of you met him in person? I guess if I gave someone $50 and expected anything in return, I'd like to know a little more about them.
Donk_Pwner (Pwnville)

rofl thats the guy who argued with me about the stake threads being allowed in general... no wonder he felt so stronglysry sir hope you get your money back :club:

i've gotten a 55$ stake before from someone on this forum and he didnt even know my addy or email addy/phone # etc.....

I want to say there is some good reason that he has not responded and he will be good for it, but I can't. I sorta knew the guy but these things usually don't turn out well when someone just vanishes. GL with getting some sort of resolution on this.

rollin, that girl in the middle has HUGE tits. <3...

That's too bad, sorry to hear. While we do hear about these things from time to time, its good to know they are the exception rather than the rule. There is Phil Harden from Topeka, KS on facebook, could be him.

i've gotten a 55$ stake before from someone on this forum and he didnt even know my addy or email addy/phone # etc.....
The only point I was trying to make is that if you loan a stranger money on an internet forum, no matter how popular they may be, you cannot expect to see a return on that money. I know giving out $5 stakes has been pretty popular in the past few months, but giving out money that is substantial to yourself to a stranger seems unreasonable to me. I'm sorry the OP lost him money. Also, thanks for calling me a ****ing idiot. That's great someone has helped you out in the past.

Staking someone you don't know for a 1 time tournament is one thing.Staking someone you don't know for a somewhat long term playing stake is kinda different. You can't expect someone you don't know to provide you with daily updates.Still sucks though and if I ever meet him I will punch him in the face for you.

Wow that's incredibly lame especially for 50 whoppin bucks. Would love to hear freak's side of the story, but he'd have to show up in order for that to happen.Move to strike freak2304 from ENGPC?