PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (10 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver Cards)Preflop: Hero is BB with jc.gif, 8c.gif. 1 fold, UTG+1 calls, 2 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, 2 folds, Hero checks.Flop: (5.40 SB) ac.gif, js.gif, 7h.gif(5 players)Hero bets, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds.Turn: (4.70 BB) 4c.gif(4 players)Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 bets, MP3 folds, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.River: (7.70 BB) 9h.gif(3 players)Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 bets, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.Final Pot: 10.70 BBflop is....?turn, i dont want to bet out....i rather just check call and see the river then bet out with a flush/fold.

I don't like betting this flop into 4 others. We're basically never ahead, I mean, I guess it's less likely there's an ace out since nobody raised preflop, but I doubt it, since people like to limp at 5c/10c.Turn c/c is fine, but betting can't be bad, since our equity is huge, and maybe we clean up some outs or something.I don't love the river call, either.

i see what your saying, alot of people already in and potential that they have ace is pretty big so betting out isnt all that smart on the flop...should i then just check/fold most of the time? is the jack there really that worthless?

You're need about 6:1 to peel the flop here with a backdoor flush draw and a draw to second pair. Maybe more if you are potentially dominated, but it's not likely in this spot. Peeling is going to depend on our relative position to the flop bet once we check, and whether enough folks just call behind to make it worth drawing to our outs.

Good question! I've hit similar situations and really don't know how to play them. Slight difference is that I usually play $2/$4 short handed. More often small blind completes, so let's say 2 limpers, and the 2 blinds instead of your case with 4 limpers and the BB.I often bet out with second pair - sometimes everyone folds, which is nice. If someone raises me, I'll usually call that bet and fold the turn if I don't improve (or just fold to the raise?), but at least I know where I stand. And sometimes I get a bunch of callers and I get confused. What does all those calls mean? Maybe someone has a weak ace, which is why they limped? But with those callers, and now that you picked up a flush draw - so I would probably bet again to see if I can win the pot now. At this point I'm not feeling real good about the hand - but how else could it be played? Check flop? Someone will bet (at least the button will probably bet this) - and then what? Fold, I guess. That seems weak. Or maybe that is tight and it is good.Anyone care to comment? Does this change if this is shorthanded? What about short handed when there are weak players who like to limp in with a wide variety of hands?Peace,Opie

should i then just check/fold most of the time? is the jack there really that worthless?
Nope.For the most part, with a jack here, we can peel, and hope to accomplish the following:(1) spike one of our outs to two pair or trips(2) get a free card(3) we get to see what the turn action might be, and we can assess at that point whether we may have the best hand, or notOf course, as RT said, our relative position is important here. Calling, and then leaving it open to be raised by 2 people behind us sucks quite a bit.On the other hand, if it checks to the last guy to act, and he bets, we might be ahead more often, as we'd give him far less credit for the ace, so it's more likely we're ahead at that point.I would c/c most bets here, and reevaluate on the turn.