I was playing 1/2 at Mirage, had just lost a pot a few hands ago and my stack was about $140ish. The two villains in this hand are the SB (V1) and BB (V2). Their stacks are within a few dollars of mine.This was to be my final hand of the table (not like it matters in this situation, but I had announced it to table a few hands ago, so idk if they were listening in to me)There is one guy posting in late position (between the SB and button, I had never seen that before)I am dealt AKss UTG, due to the poster, I open to $10. One guy in late position calls, SB and BB callPot=$42Flop Kc7c7xSB leads for $25, BB ponders, then calls. I should....?SB-He appears to be a competent player. One that a lead like that most often is a K, but I could see him leading out with a 7 or maybe even just a flush draw. BB- He really is no good, will call off a bunch with halfway decent hands preflop, not too sure about postflop except his betting patterns are laughable. His pondercall makes me think flush draw.I can -Fold - Not a real viable option I think in this case-Call-Raise - and if so, how much?

Push. You have TPTK with the equivalent of 40bb's (since its live). million more combination of draws, weaker kings and retarded underpairs that the BB can be hold then a 7. If some one caught it, so be it. You're not nearly deep enough to fold this.

Push. You have TPTK with the equivalent of 40bb's (since its live). million more combination of draws, weaker kings and retarded underpairs that the BB can be hold then a 7. If some one caught it, so be it. You're not nearly deep enough to fold this.
Why is 65 BBs the equivalent of 40 BBs live?
Why is 65 BBs the equivalent of 40 BBs live?
Just cause the opening raises are larger live and people seeing the flop are higher. pots getting bigger faster and you have to be pretty deep to have 3 streets of tough decisions.

I think calling is the best option in this spot.It keep v2 in the hand and he is virtually dead money.Say the turn comes a club like 5c. v2 will have to show some aggression at some point and since you have position you will get out of it cheaper then v1. There might be a chance that v2 will just flat for the over call but if the river doesnt double pair the board then v2 will rr v1 or just r if v1 checks. All of these situations let you just muck for cheap. If V1 has you beat thats fine your not really deep enough to get away but raising the flop and giving V1 the chance to scare V2 away and with it the dead money that he brings to the table. I also cant see you raiseing an amount that doesnt commit yourself but it might give V1 the chance to get away if he has a weaker kicker to his king.V1= Villain 1 = SBV2= Villain 2 = BB

I don't like raise/fold because your raise will be putting 1/3rd of your chips in and nearly commit you to call a shove which your almost never going to be ahead.I don't like raise/call unless we are sure they will ship with KQ and I think that's unlikely.I don't like just calling because we are missing value from worse kings/flush draws/mid pairs but it keeps us from stacking off on the flop.It's a weird spot for sure but I opt for just calling. You can reevaluate the turn and act accordingly.

SB-He appears to be a competent player. One that a lead like that most often is a K, but I could see him leading out with a 7 or maybe even just a flush draw. BB- He really is no good, will call off a bunch with halfway decent hands preflop, not too sure about postflop except his betting patterns are laughable. His pondercall makes me think flush draw.
FWIW I was at this table, as was my friend Ross (infinite_loop on 2p2). I was in the CO in this hand, though I folded preflop.I think your reads are slightly off on both players, but I can easily understand why as it's something a lot of players really confuse. SB was the fat kid and he was very loose passive preflop, often limp calling with a monstrous range and defending OOP preflop to raises with hands like 73s. But he was like the nittiest nit about putting money in postflop. When he bet or raised, he had the goods everytime. What this means is that, preflop and postflop are 2 different ballgames and (while im not sure if you did), it's important not to think that someone that puts a lot of money in preflop, will be putting a lot of money in postflop. FCP, read what I just said because it's a concept that a TON of people fail at, including myself at times.BB was pretty meh. He seemed fairly tight but his postflop game was fairly obscure. In one instance, he was betting 2 steets with bottom pair + gutshot (same amount on flop and turn btw) vs the nitty gentleman on my left.Regardless, this is a situation where it is far more important to protect your stack than to worry about charging the flush draw. Ross and I were under the general consensus that the SB here is never really putting in money here with worse than 7x. I believe that he may lead with a worse Kx hand but he's never shoving over your raise or calling your raise with a hand worse than AK. When this hand actually went on, I had you on exactly KK, because I felt like you absolutely never had a 7x type hand here, and it would have been suicidal for you to put money in with worse than trips/FH vs the SB in this circumstance. I even asked if you had KK, because that's pretty much the only hand I could put you on that I felt was justified in stacking off here.I'm flatting flop and folding turn. Ross claimed he might even just straight fold the flop but I think that's ridiculously nitty and bad (which is ironic because of the two of us, Ross is the more LAG/spewtard, and I'm the supposed nit).Adam, I wouldn't let this hand get you down. I had an eerily similar hand earlier in the day at MGM where I had AQ on an A77 facing a flop reraise (only mine was vs a spewy dude that potentially could show up with worse). You were playing very well throughout the night and I think this hand was just a slight mental error with reads and such.

EDITED for drunkennessI want to add that what was running through my head at the time was more worried about what I perceived as a flush draw from the BB. I did realize that the SB was very loose preflop and tightened up postflop, but pretty much failed to act on that idea. In fact, I distinctly remember telling myself he has something real good, but basically I had a lapse in judgement at that moment. I attribute that to my overall lack of NLHE experience. Every day a new day though...

• 1 year later...
God I think he had 74 after we got it in.
I think the best option on the flop is to flat call and see what happens on the turn. On the flop he can bet any hand like Kx 1010 99 7x or a flush draw but you'll get more information on the turn depending on what he does. + You're in position and you have great showdown value. You'll know if he fires again on the turn he has a really strong hand since 2 players called him on the flop so you're hand may not be best. I thinkif he finally fires again on the river you'll have to fold your handsince he is never bluffing in that spot