Norman Chad Outs Justin "zeejustin" Bonomo On Espn

Just saw this when watching the new ESPN broadcast of the 5k event where Lindgren, Bonomo, Lederer, De Wolfe, Williams, Chino Rheem, Robl etc, are all fighting it out for a bracelet.Norman Chad introduces Justin Bonomo and tells the world he was caught cheating online by entering the same tournament under multiple accounts , but because there is no governing body he wasn't banned from anything but online poker and that in his opinion, Justin should be banned from the WSOP.I'm kinda surprised they didn't try and sweep it under the rug.Thoughts?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saw this when watching the new ESPN broadcast of the 5k event where Lindgren, Bonomo, Lederer, De Wolfe, Chino Rheem, etc.Norman Chad introduces Justin Bonomo and tells the world he was caught cheating online by entering the same tournament under multiple accounts , but because there is no governing body he wasn't banned from anything but online poker and that in his opinion, Justin should be banned from the WSOP.I'm kinda surprised they didn't try and sweep it under the rug.Thoughts?
I am pretty surprised ESPN would go all out like that. Maybe they think letting Norman express his opinion will bring controversy....and ratings.
Just saw this when watching the new ESPN broadcast of the 5k event where Lindgren, Bonomo, Lederer, De Wolfe, Williams, Chino Rheem, Robl etc, are all fighting it out for a bracelet.Norman Chad introduces Justin Bonomo and tells the world he was caught cheating online by entering the same tournament under multiple accounts , but because there is no governing body he wasn't banned from anything but online poker and that in his opinion, Justin should be banned from the WSOP.I'm kinda surprised they didn't try and sweep it under the rug.Thoughts?
Controversy = ratings

Guessing that some people are responding without the benefit of having actually seen the show. I thought it was handled well without trying to stir for the sake of Controversy related Ratings. Nice that Chad was allowed to express his point of view in a direct manner. It was fact-based opinions.

I think even worse is when he got up to tell Haxton "obv I'm rooting for you, gl' for him against Lindgren in the AK vs QQ hand and rubbed his shoulders. I don't care if my wife is at the table I'm not getting up and telling the table who I'm rooting for. That's a joke.

They're talking about Magic a lot in this episode actually.

Oh man I read the title and thought he was gay. This thread didnt deliver...at least for me.
I was half-expecting this thread to be about outing him as a Magic player.
They're talking about Magic a lot in this episode actually.
Well there you go Grocery, it was about him being gay.
LOLLLLLLLL OMG DID U JUST SEE THEY SHOWED FREDDY DEEB WITH A "BUSTED" THING ON THE SCREENOMG ESPN IS THE GREATEST
Definitely saw that.LOL

poker commentators, as a rule, are dumb as hell.Seriously haven't seen one show where the guys doing the commentary didn't say something that even the most basic poker player (ie. myself) knows to be dead wrong.

I think even worse is when he got up to tell Haxton "obv I'm rooting for you, gl' for him against Lindgren in the AK vs QQ hand and rubbed his shoulders. I don't care if my wife is at the table I'm not getting up and telling the table who I'm rooting for. That's a joke.
yea. let's shoot him in the face.

Justin is a very nice guy and all, but I didn't se anything wrong with the comments made by Chad. To ignore it would have been irresponsible journalism, and it's not like he lambasted him by any means. He stated the historical facts, and stated an opinion on cheating, and moved on. Nothing to see here. [x] imo