Jj Deep In $109 Mtt, Utg, Pretty Short

In the money already and down to the final 24... I've been pretty active recently making lots of small raises to steal blinds and chip up since I'm pretty short (M~7 and 20/24). A quick look at OPR reveals that BB is a losing player, so I don't think he's capable of doing anything too tricky (like c/r'ing the flop with air or just calling pf with a big pair). I did however think he was capable of overplaying some sort of mid pair, or perhaps making a play with a flush draw. Obviously I am worried about a set or a Q. Folding pretty much puts me in last place chip-wise and blinds are about to go up again, but at least I'm still alive... shoving into KQ or a set is an even worse scenario... What's your line?Poker StarsNo Limit Holdem TournamentBlinds: t1000/t2000(Ante: t200)9 playersConverterPokerStars Game #19372493626: Tournament #99190846, $100+$9 Hold'em No Limit - Level XV (1000/2000) - 2008/08/05 - 03:00:06 (ET)Table '99190846 54' 9-max Seat #6 is the buttonSeat 1: UTG+1 (86702 in chips) Seat 2: UTG+2 (58162 in chips) Seat 3: MP (77184 in chips) Seat 4: MP+1 (67196 in chips) Seat 5: CO (32653 in chips) Seat 6: Button (30182 in chips) Seat 7: SB (111300 in chips) Seat 8: BB (81500 in chips) Seat 9: Hero (36918 in chips) Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is UTG with :ts:DHero raises to t4875, 7 folds, BB calls t2875 (pot was t9675).Flop: :club::4h:D (t12550, 2 players)BB checks, Hero bets t6000, BB raises to t18000, Hero?

I'd probably just let it go tbh. I may be tempted to check the flop, hoping to get something for free, but the cbet looks a bit weak. If you had a solid piece, you more than likely would want to protect it against the draw. He may have picked up on that.A fwiw, I often find that the bad/losing players are the ones who overplay certain situations.

Your c bet is quite weak. Given stack sizes I probably check behind here.If I'm feeling particularly insane I might shove here but usually I let it go.He Could turn up with clubs here? Figure he'd shove that usually, maybe not if he's a losing player. His bet sizing looks very strong so usually I let it go

I wouldnt rely on OPR stats at all for judging what kinds of plays a given player might make, other than if hes playing way over his normal buy in. The variance in MTTs is so great that it really doesnt tell you much at all, especially if a player has been improving over time.This is of course the hardest stack size for JJ. Shoving pf isnt horrible but probably devalues them a bit, though UTG if youre called your most likely OOP, making them harder to play PF. Raising and calling a shove is probably the best line.So now what does his c/r mean? A tricky player might have AA or KK since he knew he was HU pf, though check raising this board is somewhat risky. AQ and KQ are certainly in his range, as are 88-TT testing if you have a Q, and sets are possible. Unlikely he's check raising as a semibluff. With 30% of your stack in the pot youre close to but probably not quite pot committed, and there is still a decent chance youre ahead.I probably have to shove back here. Calling is obv out of the question. I can see others folding this without regrets also.Edit after seeing responses: I dont mind the flop bet at all. 1/2 pot does price out a draw, you dont want to give a free card to flushs or overcards, and your stack is big enough that you can easily charge draws again on the turn. The question to ask yourself on the flop is "am I willing to go to battle if I get raised back". The answer is going to be different for different people. Since Im willing to shove back here, obv the flop bet is ok.

Also, you're AJinOK?!!?I sat next to you deep in the 3R last night. Busted KK < AQ :club:.
yeah, blue baboon - i remember playing with you for a bit before i busted. That was a crazy tourney for me - won a 4-way huge all-in pot with AA vs KK,QQ,JJ to become a massive chipleader with 300 left or so, but then lost 4 races/bad beats in a row and it was pretty much game over... that sucks about the KK.

This guy check raised and utg raiser, it does look extremely strong and I like his check raise with a made hand because no doubt you are betting that flop. I am more likely to fold here. But I am willing to ninja a bit and after the blinds pass I am getting extremely aggro in late position.Not sure why the cbet is weak though. IPITS there.

Villain is certainly representing a Q. I think a slightly better line might be to C/R, but that could end up costing you a lot of chips. Witth JJ, everyone;s favorite OOP hand, I think you have to decide before you do anything what you will do if you get called and a scare card comes on the flop: check/fold, shove or check/raise AI. Personally, I'd have been inclined to bet 4x BB PF, if only to weed out the pretenders. Then you could roll out the above plan and save yourself 2K on your flop bet. As played, I'd have to fold.

I don't mind the c-bet - almost half the pot and enough to take away the draw odds. After the ck-r and the stacks being what they are you're either fold or all-in. I think I fold!

Tough spot.If you fold, your M will be 5 and you will be straight into the BB.I would of raised a little more pre flop. Your giving the BB over 3-to-1 odds on the call, which is a pretty mandatory call for most with ATC.I would of bet a bit more on the flop aswel. If villain is holding Ax suited of clubs he is getting the correct odds to call with your half pot bet.As it played out anyway, I think I am shoving after his 3 bet.

It's very disappointing to get C/R'd here, which is why you might want to lay off and check behind with an over on the board. Does villain have something? Either a Q or a couple of clubs, might even have slow played AA/KK, but he could also have 77-TT and think that you missed the flop (which you did) and that he has the stack to afford such a raise. He may not even realise that he's bet enough to commit himself to his hand if you shove, but he'd figure that out if you did and call you anyway.It's a pretty sure laydown at this point, methinks...lol...I'd already responded to this, but i'll leave my second answer in for fun. It's pretty much the same...