I Am Not A Statistic

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aren't Federal prisons actually better to be at?
Depends on the security level.Federal Prison Camps are where most non-violent first time offenders with sentences of less than 10 years go. They are extremely safe. There is no such thing as a "white collar prison" reserved for a certain type of inmate where they sit around and play golf (this actually used to be the case at a FPC in Pensacola, but a media outlet did a story on it and it ended fast), but FPC's are restricted to strictly non-violent and non-predatory offender classes. (there is a Jew prison- Otisville. This is where Hasidic Jews that get sent to the Federal poke are usually placed. If you are a stated Jew on your PSR, you can request placement there and will most likely get it) Still, you're going to get a lot of dope dealers and generally "street wise" toughs, so even though the violence is low, they aren't exactly like Mr. Rogers Neighborhood. Low's are very safe, mediums get dicey and maximums are extremely dangerous. The safest of them all is probably ADX Florence, which is a Supermax. They seriously retooled after an inmate was killed and now, they're basically a total staff control facility.
Don't know if it's intentional but it sounds like you're feeling sorry for the DUI/manslaughter guys-as if it's just their bad luck. Especially to their "really bad" sentences of 5-12 years.Some of the most selfish scum in the world they are. Imagine that they feel like shit, but what of the other side, of the promise that was wiped out. Personal note-my old man killed himself under the influence and put an older couple in the hospital.
so, never once in your life have you had a drink or two too many, which can be fewer than you think and gotten behind the wheel and drove?If you say no, you're either a liar or you don't drink at all. Or 14 years old. Heck, you could have 4 beers, drive home feeling sober, still be over the legal limit, blow a tire and hit and kill someone and go to jail for DUI manslaughter, so ease up on the rightousness there pee wee. Good people can make mistakes or make one small error in judgement and create a world of shit for themselves and others. It doesn't excuse the mistake, but more people have made it than haven't.
so, never once in your life have you had a drink or two too many, which can be fewer than you think and gotten behind the wheel and drove?If you say no, you're either a liar or you don't drink at all. Or 14 years old. Heck, you could have 4 beers, drive home feeling sober, still be over the legal limit, blow a tire and hit and kill someone and go to jail for DUI manslaughter, so ease up on the rightousness there pee wee. Good people can make mistakes or make one small error in judgement and create a world of shit for themselves and others. It doesn't excuse the mistake, but more people have made it than haven't.
Don't mind him, he is a non-recovering alcoholic.
doesn't it not even matter if your over the legal limit or not if you're in an accident? I believe I remember our DARE officer telling us that even if a boulder falls on your car, if you've had even 1 beer its still your fault. so you can be legally sober, but an accident will still be your fault if you've had any alcohol. anybody know for certain? probably state to state.
I'm 44 y/o, of course I've done stupid shit b4.My pee-weeic rightousness was on the attitude toward the "bad deal" the DUI manslaughterers seem to have gotten.
Don't mind him, he is a non-recovering alcoholic.
reverse that. I'm a recovering soberite
doesn't it not even matter if your over the legal limit or not if you're in an accident? I believe I remember our DARE officer telling us that even if a boulder falls on your car, if you've had even 1 beer its still your fault. so you can be legally sober, but an accident will still be your fault if you've had any alcohol. anybody know for certain? probably state to state.
actually, if you have booze in the system, if you're over the limit, the burdon is on you to prove you weren't drunk but you're under the limit, it's on the state to prove you were, or something like that. But yes, under/over the limit is just semantics. And you could go to jail for blowing a red light sober and killing a family of four if you are proven to be reckless.
I think in California a law was passed that confirms that. You could be sitting at a stop light, over the legal limit, MYOB when another car hits you and you are to blame-or something like that.
And you could go to jail for blowing a red light sober and killing a family of four if you are proven to be reckless.
oh well I meant like if you are going through a green light and somebody plows through a red, hits you, and they die, but you've had alcohol and they haven't, its still considered your fault, no matter what.that's the way it was explained by the po po anyways.
I'm 44 y/o, of course I've done stupid shit b4.My pee-weeic rightousness was on the attitude toward the "bad deal" the DUI manslaughterers seem to have gotten.
then I guess you read the words of his post and missed the intent. He's talking about charley lunchpale who had three beers at happy hour and killed someone on the way home to wifey. Again, no excusing it, because if I'm smart, I'll never again get behind the wheel after even one drink, but booze clouds our judgment. No excuse, just a fact. Booze is a killer and so are morons.What's worse, you could drive home buzzed, follow all the laws and a sober moron could plow into you with no seat belt on, die, and you still get the DUI.

^ edit- We posted at almost exactly the same time - you pretty much preemptively nailed down the exact circumstance I'm talking about ^Anecdote: One of the DUI manslaughter guys I met was a dude I'll call Bill.Bill stopped off to a sports bar after work, had four beers and some wings and was on his way home. A car pulling out of a store parking lot failed to properly yield. They pulled into oncoming traffic trying to "beat" him so they could get into the far lane, but their judgment was off and he wound up t-boning them- after locking up the brakes almost instantly when he realized what was about to happen. There were numerous wittinesses that said it was totally their fault and the court record clearly reflected this. Unfortunately, a 19 year old girl was killed in the process and since he had some beers in him, his 'reflexes and judgment' were called into question. They wound up with a "failure to yield to oncoming traffic" citation, he wound up with 3 years, which would have been 10 if there weren't numerous wittinesses that basically said that they were the ones who facilitated the accident. Of course, lost his 19 year job with UPS, lost his wife, lost his house- lost the whole ball of wax.

oh well I meant like if you are going through a green light and somebody plows through a red, hits you, and they die, but you've had alcohol and they haven't, its still considered your fault, no matter what.that's the way it was explained by the po po anyways.
we're on the same page, as is our boy right above you. You don't get the fault for the accident, but you still the the DUIedit: Maybe you do get the fault. Now that's a crappy part of it.Heck, if someone dies while you commit a felony, you could be charged with 1st degree murder, no matter how they die, even if you didn't touch em. I think
Of course, lost his 19 year job with UPS, lost his wife, lost his house- lost the whole ball of wax.
his wife sounds like a cunt. She couldn't stand by her man? All women should die, and we should learn how to clone stand alone vaginas
then I guess you read the words of his post and missed the intent. He's talking about charley lunchpale who had three beers at happy hour and killed someone on the way home to wifey. Again, no excusing it, because if I'm smart, I'll never again get behind the wheel after even one drink, but booze clouds our judgment. No excuse, just a fact. Booze is a killer and so are morons.What's worse, you could drive home buzzed, follow all the laws and a sober moron could plow into you with no seat belt on, die, and you still get the DUI.
Don't see how I missed his point. It seemed to me that he was being sympathetic to the sad sacks who "happened" to kill someone while DUI, which is what I was taking issue with.
Don't see how I missed his point. It seemed to me that he was being sympathetic to the sad sacks who "happened" to kill someone while DUI, which is what I was taking issue with.
read his last post and tell me again what that guy did wrong?
his wife sounds like a cunt. She couldn't stand by her man? All women should die, and we should learn how to clone stand alone vaginas
What is it you guys write here... Oh yeaQFMFT
his wife sounds like a cunt. She couldn't stand by her man?
Wives of "criminals" learn to adapt to their man getting pinched. They knew it was part of the deal when they married the dude. They'll hang around. Wives of the regular guys who happen to get bound up in the system as a result of some freakish "incident" leave almost every time. The external pressures and the "unknown" is usually too great for them.
Heck, if someone dies while you commit a felony, you could be charged with 1st degree murder, no matter how they die, even if you didn't touch em. I think
Yup, its called felony murder.Doink Doink
Wives of "criminals" learn to adapt to their man getting pinched. They knew it was part of the deal when they married the dude. They'll hang around. Wives of the regular guys who happen to get bound up in the system as a result of some freakish "incident" leave almost every time. The external pressures and the "unknown" is usually too great for them.
yep, hence the death to women, stand alone vaginas campaign.

The last time I owned a car I was already a little drunk, and driving to a party to get even more drunk. I was coming off of the highway and bam, a car slams into me from behind. My car circled around the off ramp 3 times. Man oh man when that officer got there I was sure he was going to give me a breathalizer or something, but alas my charm paid off and was able to be let go after just a few questions. Once he realized it wasn't my fault, he didn't even seem to care.

He got behind the wheel after drinking. He put himself in a circumstance or place where something very bad could happen, and it did.
Really? 4 beers in over an hours worth of time, with food? If he's not a chick or a midget, would it really impair him? Or the average person with any kind of tolerance?Semantics.People have drinks and drive home. It isn't right, but it doesn't mean they are drunk or even close to being impaired enough to substantially affect their driving. It's just a sham, some of it. I'm not saying bombed people should be driving, but there is a distinct difference in drinking 8 or so beers over 3 hours time, then chilling with water and sobriety for an hour and driving home and doing 15 beers, 2 patron shots, 1 jaeger bomb over the course of 5 hours and immediately getting into a truck and driving home. Dontcha think?Maybe booze should be illegal
Really? 4 beers in probably an hour over an hours worth of time? Semantics.People have drinks and drive home. It doesn't mean they are drunk or even close to being impaired enough to substantially affect their driving. It's just a sham, some of it. I'm not saying bombed people should be driving, but there is a distinct difference in drinking 8 or so beers over 3 hours time, then chilling with water and sobriety for an hour and driving home and doing 15 beers, 2 patron shots, 1 jaeger bomb over the course of 5 hours and immediately getting into a truck and driving home. Dontcha think?
Not at all. If you have a drink, even one, don't drive. Period.