Colt Brennan's Nfl Debut

Hall of Fame Game. Canton, OHAugust 3, 2008Inidianapolis vs. Washington LB1J0596brnanan2.jpg
Dude looks good so far, but I'm probably a little bias cause I'm a Skins fan. I love his fire and passion, he gave some of the best sports talk radio interviews prior to the draft. So on draft day, I was pumped that the Skins took a chance on him. Here's to the future!
9 of 10 123 yards, 2 tds. 0 int. in a 30-16 win over Indy!
against guys that are probably going to be cut...but he still looked good.

There are definitely a lot of Redskins folk who have a huge mancrush on CB. I hope he becomes good and he definitely looks better than Todd Collins so far. I think he has 3rd string locked up for this season and that is all he can hope for at this point. Eventually he will supplant Collins and be the backup but you just can't have a rookie be a backup in this league. I don't know what it is about Colt but he just has the "IT" factor.

I don't know what it is about Colt but he just has the "IT" factor.
I didn't see "IT" against Georgia a few months ago.Unless "IT" is short for "laying on my ass after getting pummeled by the defensive line"
I didn't see "IT" against Georgia a few months ago.Unless "IT" is short for "laying on my ass after getting pummeled by the defensive line"
LOL, you got that right about the Georgia game. Georgia was just a far superior team.There is just a presence about him and his team when he is playing. Like I said, hard to describe. But he has the intangibles to be a winner. I'm not so sure about the sidearm throwing motion, but Rich Gannon had a decent career with that style.
I know, I just had to toss that out there. He did look pretty good last night.
Being a Skins fan, I've learned to not give too much merit to preseason games.See: Spurrier, Steve -- Osaka, Japan -- 38-7 victory.

He looked good. Of course, he didn't have Indy's first string pass rush coming at him. But, I think he definitely stepped up. Jason Campbell probably is a little more motivated now.

He looked good. Of course, he didn't have Indy's first string pass rush coming at him. But, I think he definitely stepped up. Jason Campbell probably is a little more motivated now.
Colt's the favorite to be #3, Campbell doesn't really have to sweat yet.
Colt's the favorite to be #3, Campbell doesn't really have to sweat yet.
Was he the third quarterback to play for the Skins? I thought he came out second. He definitely played better than Todd Collins, so I'd assume that he's in line to be #2.

This guys looks like the steal of the draft right now. Wow... he looked really good.

yes.

We sucked against GA last year b/c our O-line couldnt block for beans. If they were decent enought to give him more time in the pocket we definitely would have had a better chance vs. GA.Now he's in the NFL, he'll get his time in the pocket and make things happen!CB ftw!

Tom Brady would've looked like crap in that game if he was the Hawaii QB and Colt Brennan would've been a stud behind Tom Brady's O-line last year. Get my point?
This guys looks like the steal of the draft right now. Wow... he looked really good.
settle down TigerSo whattya think, Jesus Christ, 2nd round pick at WR in the Bible Football draft? Rangy, 6', not brilliant speed but great hands, if he recovers from those nail wounds.
Tom Brady would've looked like crap in that game if he was the Hawaii QB and Colt Brennan would've been a stud behind Tom Brady's O-line last year. Get my point?
Settle down tiger, what happened to your sense of humor? I don't give a shit about the 3rd string QB on the Redskins.
settle down TigerSo whattya think, Jesus Christ, 2nd round pick at WR in the Bible Football draft? Rangy, 6', not brilliant speed but great hands, if he recovers from those nail wounds.
You son of a bitch... keep all this Jesus shit in the religious FREAKS forum!

Campbell will be the starter no matter what and Collins is the backup no matter what. Colt is battling for #3 with Derek Devine from Marshall. There is too much invested in JC and TC for them to do it any other way. I hope JC is the only one that gets to see the field for the next 10+ years. I know, I know...wish in one hand and shit in the other...

I was a big colt supporter last 2 years and i was happy to see him play well, even though it was against 3rd string defense although they had wash 3rd string offence in the game as well. Besides indy has 0 motivation in the preseason there roster is pretty much set with just a few spots up for grabs.The most important thing is that his two TD's got me the cover...gotta love betting preseason football.

umm, I wasn't fired up, just making a point that the line play basically determines everything in a football game.
Can we at least agree that you're not very good at forming thoughts?