Full Tilt Poker $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 5 playersThe Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History ConverterHero (CO): $86.05BTN: $87.60SB: $50.25BB: $7.20UTG: $9.50Pre Flop: Hero is CO with A :club: A :4h1 fold, Hero raises to $1.75, BTN calls $1.75, 2 foldsFlop: ($4.25) J :ts 7 :D 6 :5c(2 players)Hero bets $3.50, BTN raises to $11, Hero calls $7.50Turn: ($26.25) 9 :D(2 players)Hero checks, BTN bets $15, Hero raises to $73Villain seems to be pretty nitty, but I've played less than 30 hands with him. He's running at 8/4/1. Given what little we know about villain, does anyone play the hand any differently?Obviously I suck at titling my posts.

Full Tilt Poker $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 5 playersThe Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History ConverterHero (CO): $86.05BTN: $87.60SB: $50.25BB: $7.20UTG: $9.50Pre Flop: Hero is CO with A :club: A :4h1 fold, Hero raises to $1.75, BTN calls $1.75, 2 foldsFlop: ($4.25) J :ts 7 :D 6 :5c(2 players)Hero bets $3.50, BTN raises to $11, Hero calls $7.50Turn: ($26.25) 9 :D(2 players)Hero checks, BTN bets $15, Hero raises to $73Villain seems to be pretty nitty, but I've played less than 30 hands with him. He's running at 8/4/1. Given what little we know about villain, does anyone play the hand any differently?Obviously I suck at titling my posts.
i hate that turn raise. somewhat 90bbs deep you turn your good hand into a straight out bluff. i don't know about the general level of "suckiness" of the .25/.50 players on FTP, so that could be a little bit different, but i doubt he's going to call you with anything but sets there. against real nits i try to play pot control in situations like this because i put their ranges on more made hands and less draws. in this case he could valuebet strong on the river so that wouldnt work anyways but i check/call turn and river here. you'll get good value from tp hands by underreping your hand and you don't waste money against sets.

I would just check/call turn and evaluate the river, he made it cheap enough and this deep you don't want to be playing a pretty big pot with just one pair against a relative unknown where you're generaly behind his calling range for a turn shove.

I would call the turn and reevaluate the river. If he was on a draw, that small turn bet is odd as he could either take the free card or bet bigger to get you out. It's almost like he's drawing you further into the pot (make sense if he had a set).I'm folding to any big bet on the river

What about calling the flop and bet/folding the turn?
why are you betting out the turn if he's most likely going to fire after raising the flop?
I would call the turn and reevaluate the river. If he was on a draw, that small turn bet is odd as he could either take the free card or bet bigger to get you out. It's almost like he's drawing you further into the pot (make sense if he had a set).I'm folding to any big bet on the river
this would be my standard against an unknown with stats like that.I would only c/r this turn if A) i'm very sure he plays his draws like that B) Knowing A that I'm ahead of his range C) he's committed or will call with worseas played the 9 does suck as it adds a possible 8T to his range but he may also be committed w/89s. Conclusion: it's a guessing game. We avoid these as much as possible.

I don't like how you played this hand.If you're playing for value I think you should 3bet that flop but we're going to get stacked everytime he flopped better than one pair. You could 3bet/fold if you make a small 3bet because a nits 4bet shove range beats one pair.If you're trying to get him to fold on the turn he's pretty much never folding better than one pair.If we just call the flop there's going to be a lot of bad turn cards which makes me want to 3bet even more.I play this hand by 3 betting to 28 and folding to a shove. If he calls I'm assuming he has a worse 1 pair or a draw and bet turn for value.

3bet fold flop. if he just calls your 3bet C/F Turn

Pretty bad line, you're turning your hand in to a bluff, and not a very good one at that.
After talking about the hand and thinking about it some more I don't like 3bet/folding flop.We shouldn't be 3betting unless we're sure he'll 4bet worse and in this case, I think that's unlikely. We are also pretty deep so I don't mind keeping pot control and just calling. It's unlikely villain is going to bet another street unless he beats one pair. He probably won't fire a second barrell with Jx on a 5s turn so we can safely fold.
I don't like how you played this hand.If you're playing for value I think you should 3bet that flop but we're going to get stacked everytime he flopped better than one pair. You could 3bet/fold if you make a small 3bet because a nits 4bet shove range beats one pair.If you're trying to get him to fold on the turn he's pretty much never folding better than one pair.If we just call the flop there's going to be a lot of bad turn cards which makes me want to 3bet even more.I play this hand by 3 betting to 28 and folding to a shove. If he calls I'm assuming he has a worse 1 pair or a draw and bet turn for value.
Head asplode.And this thread title throws me off!

C/C turn an re-evaluate river. Over 30 hands, you can't say he's as nitty as his stats would suggest, so he could have AJ here quite a bit. You have a ton of cards in the deck that can get you a free showdown if you're ahead here.If the deuce of diamonds falls and you're bet into again, I guess we have to call anything that looks like a thin value bet 1/2 pot - and fold anything that looks like a big hand trying to get paid.