New Hammond Horseshoe Poker Room

After having dinner with a friend and 10 of his closest christian buddies, I felt it necessary to get the stink of degeneracy back on me and headed out to the Shoe a few fridays ago. I played in the 5-10 Omaha 8/b Kill game where nearly everyone at the table doubled my age. The game played like it was 10-20 since almost every hand qualified as a kill pot. Unfortunately, because of the advanced age of everybody at the table, the game broke shortly after midnight and I ended up basically even.That being said, the Shoe has a top notch poker room, and I look forward to going back there to play some NL once I learn the game, as the rare times I have played poker the last 2 years, I have focused on PLO sng's...although I suppose I shouldn't be so cautious given the quality of live poker players.If anyone ever sees 1-2 PLO being spread there, send me a PM.

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never heard of a 1/2 PLO going off. Also, as of yesterday's list, I'm 34th in the Freeroll hours so far w/ 53 something. (A bit more since I played yesterday too.) Might skip the weekend again.

I've never heard of a 1/2 PLO going off. Also, as of yesterday's list, I'm 34th in the Freeroll hours so far w/ 53 something. (A bit more since I played yesterday too.) Might skip the weekend again.
From what I heard, 1-2 PLO only has enough interest on weekends, but I didn't see it when I was there on a friday so I suppose it probably rarely happens.

Brag:I flopped a Royal in my Omaha 8 game today at the Horseshoe.Beat:I finished my 7 hour session even.

Hey MJINK3 or someone who has played a lot of tourneys at HORSESHOE:I am hoping to play a tourney this month that is $150 or less buy-in at Horseshoe. Preferably one with a decent amount of play (no turbo). I work 8:30-5 M-F. Which tourney would you all recommend playing?Thanks for any advice,ROACH

Hey MJINK3 or someone who has played a lot of tourneys at HORSESHOE:I am hoping to play a tourney this month that is $150 or less buy-in at Horseshoe. Preferably one with a decent amount of play (no turbo). I work 8:30-5 M-F. Which tourney would you all recommend playing?Thanks for any advice,ROACH
They don't have one with those requirements.Tues/Thurs is $100Sat is $300 I think.Sun is $500.All at Noon.

Sundays are noon $200. Averaging around 135 and runs 6-7 hours. You are talking about the Hammand and Elizabethtown right?

Sundays are noon $200. Averaging around 135 and runs 6-7 hours. You are talking about the Hammand and Elizabethtown right?
Oh Really? I thought Sunday was always the expensive one.So Sat 500? Sun 200?
Oh Really? I thought Sunday was always the expensive one.So Sat 500? Sun 200?
Yes. Except for the last Sunday of the month which is the $1500. Look for details soon on a satty for the $1500.
MJIINK3,What does the payout on the Sunday $200 look like? How many places are paid? And about how much goes to each place?Thanks.
usually top 14....top gettin around 7k...14th around 600 I believe

Was also curious if anyone knew the limits in the HIGH LIMIT room at the shoe and what the min/max amounts were....Was lookin to maybe try my skills out at the 25/50NL table for a buy in of 5K or so...Was also curious if anyone knows when people actually play back there?? Thanks.

Haven't checked this place out yet, but I think me and a couple guys from work are going Thursday.Still got the Thursday 12pm $110 tournies going I assume?

Haven't checked this place out yet, but I think me and a couple guys from work are going Thursday.Still got the Thursday 12pm $110 tournies going I assume?
Yep.I'm sure I'll be there in a 1/2 game, so take a look around.
Yep.I'm sure I'll be there in a 1/2 game, so take a look around.
Are you up or down since going? Have you been playing everyday?
Are you up or down since going? Have you been playing everyday?
Every day on the weekdays.I'm up. I should have been writing it down for the exact number though.
MJIINK3,What does the payout on the Sunday $200 look like? How many places are paid? And about how much goes to each place?Thanks.
usually top 14....top gettin around 7k...14th around 600 I believe
Correct. Been averaging around 150. It's a sliding scale for the payout usaually around 10%. Make sure to get there BEFORE 11:30 to register.
Was also curious if anyone knew the limits in the HIGH LIMIT room at the shoe and what the min/max amounts were....Was lookin to maybe try my skills out at the 25/50NL table for a buy in of 5K or so...Was also curious if anyone knows when people actually play back there?? Thanks.
Wed, Fri, and Sat nights are best for 25/50 NL. Call ahead and ask for the high limit podium.
Yes been averaging around 130 people for Thursdays. Make sure to get there BEFORE 11:30 to register.

What a fucking day!!I won't go into preliminary details, but basically.... Playing 1/2 at the Shoe. Up about 250 within 90 mins. Go card dead, down to like 335 (Up 135). Get back to +200 and start losing every single hand I play, most of which I hit something, end up -150....Somehow battle back to even relatively quickly... with like an hour left before I have to leave....Pick up 66, table donk raises... I call with someone else.Flop is Kd6h2sCheck to the donk raiser. He bets 40, I make it 100, other guy folds and he insta shoves. I insta fist pump call, since this is what I have been waiting for since he sat down. He says "Ace King is good". (Right, I did that with AK dumb fuck.)I say, I have a set and flip it up.Turn spade, River spade... he says... "ooooh, I sucked out" Flips over KQ spades.-300Rebuy.... Keep losing my ass off... down to 120. He raises again, I shove w/ JJ (About 5 mins before I gotta go.)He instacalls AQo. Flop A, River Q.GG 500 bucks.I think I'm even since I started this thing for the hours.

What a fucking day!!I won't go into preliminary details, but basically.... Playing 1/2 at the Shoe. Up about 250 within 90 mins. Go card dead, down to like 335 (Up 135). Get back to +200 and start losing every single hand I play, most of which I hit something, end up -150....Somehow battle back to even relatively quickly... with like an hour left before I have to leave....Pick up 66, table donk raises... I call with someone else.Flop is Kd6h2sCheck to the donk raiser. He bets 40, I make it 100, other guy folds and he insta shoves. I insta fist pump call, since this is what I have been waiting for since he sat down. He says "Ace King is good". (Right, I did that with AK dumb fuck.)I say, I have a set and flip it up.Turn spade, River spade... he says... "ooooh, I sucked out" Flips over KQ spades.-300Rebuy.... Keep losing my ass off... down to 120. He raises again, I shove w/ JJ (About 5 mins before I gotta go.)He instacalls AQo. Flop A, River Q.GG 500 bucks.I think I'm even since I started this thing for the hours.
Then your up a minimum of $500 :club: You ran bad because they didn't turn off the doom switch. In case you didn't know, that's my job, and I was off today.
Then your up a minimum of $500 :club: You ran bad because they didn't turn off the doom switch. In case you didn't know, that's my job, and I was off today.
Fucking Lonnie! God he's such a donk!
Yeah, the same donk who won the tourney tuesday. Good for the game normally.
You like him in the1/2 game. You should see him in the 2/5.
You like him in the1/2 game. You should see him in the 2/5.
Does he make it 40 to go in the 2/5 game?Cause he makes it 20 in the 1/2. Usually without much of a hand.
Does he make it 40 to go in the 2/5 game?Cause he makes it 20 in the 1/2. Usually without much of a hand.
There is no middle for him. He either runs hot and cashes for 4or5 racks or is rebuying.