Yeah we almost have 50% equity against this range, but if you take out the bluffs, KQs and 98s, assuming that it is never profitable to bluff a loose passive then AJ only has 25% equity. So then the worst hand Cobalt should be called with is 54 which gives him 57.692% equity against Cobalts range.
Missed the bluffs that were in there. Thought it was all made hands.

Let me define the read a bit more...I think I used to play with this guy a year or two ago and recalled him being slightly loose-passive. I didn't fully remember the extent though. Mostly, I was putting him on a busted a draw. Therefore, I would check the river with small value (pairs less than a jack) and shove higher values (TP2K+) and bluffs.

Let me define the read a bit more...I think I used to play with this guy a year or two ago and recalled him being slightly loose-passive. I didn't fully remember the extent though. Mostly, I was putting him on a busted a draw. Therefore, I would check the river with small value (pairs less than a jack) and shove higher values (TP2K+) and bluffs.
So you are really basically back to Moneyball's first range where you needed KJ+ to call.

I really agree with Moneyball's analysis, yeah. Villain didn't quite meet that cutoff on deciding to call though. He called with the KJo and beat my 9c8c. =/It's still a somewhat interesting hand when you're aware of my cards, but I thought it'd lead to more discussion when presented this other way. Now that you know my cards though, I did start to question the river shove. If I put him on a busted draw, I could've gotten away with betting less.

I really agree with Moneyball's analysis, yeah. Villain didn't quite meet that cutoff on deciding to call though. He called with the KJo and beat my 9c8c. =/It's still a somewhat interesting hand when you're aware of my cards, but I thought it'd lead to more discussion when presented this other way. Now that you know my cards though, I did start to question the river shove. If I put him on a busted draw, I could've gotten away with betting less.
Well conversely, by pushing and not betting a borderline thin value bet, you've applied a lot more pressure on marginal one pair hands.
Bodog 3/6 NLHE (6-handed)UTG $722.36Cobalt $616CO $635Button $992SB $1418BB $552Cobalt is MP w/ two cards. My image is TAG. UTG is LAG. CO is a TAG regular. Button is a loose-passive fish. SB is loose-passive. BB is weak-tight.Pre-flop:UTG raises to $22.36, Cobalt calls, CO calls, 1 fold, SB calls, 1 foldFlop ($95): :D:club::D (4 players)SB checks, UTG checks, Cobalt bets $60, 1 fold, SB calls, 1 foldTurn ($215): :ts (2 players)SB checks, Cobalt bets $120, SB callsRiver ($435): :4h (2 players)SB checks, Cobalt goes all-in for $414, SB ?What kind of hand do we need to call Cobalt?
I think you prob turned or rivered a low two pair. We need jacks or tens up to call.
I think you prob turned or rivered a low two pair. We need jacks or tens up to call.
huh?What 2 pair could hero conceivably have here by the river?I just read the thread and saw the results, but when I was first reading this I thought Cobalt had specifically KQ and seemed like a decent spot to bluff given the action...I still think you'll get looked up by hands such as AT and better here though. Not every time of course, kinda depends on how good/bad the guy you're playing (obviously) and the game flow/history going on at the moment.- Jordan
huh?What 2 pair could hero conceivably have here by the river?I just read the thread and saw the results, but when I was first reading this I thought Cobalt had specifically KQ and seemed like a decent spot to bluff given the action...I still think you'll get looked up by hands such as AT and better here though. Not every time of course, kinda depends on how good/bad the guy you're playing (obviously) and the game flow/history going on at the moment.- Jordan
45, 56 of spades. Tone of the thread obviously leads to this is a bluff that called down, but I really think the hand's played like a very convincingly strong hand. I'd have a hard time pulling the trigger with a one pair hand here (especially since I'd given up the lead and gotten 3barreled into). This call would become easier the more aggro-retarded some one is, but against some one on the taggish side, I'd be dumping less than 10+s up most of the time.
I think it's easy to see a low two pair show up here; spade connectors or gappers. Depends a lot on game flow. And another note ... Cobalt always labels himself as TAG in his posts, but he shows down LAG a ton. Now that I see results, the river shove is a tip too ... Cobalt's been check-called all the way down making undersized bets, and then he shoves the river? Why not continue to value bet/small bet if you're ahead and maximize return instead of shoving the villain off a hand on a blank river on a drawy board? Additional note: one of the hands I consistently lose the most $ on is 89 sooted, because of exactly this situation. Does he want a call?
And another note ... Cobalt always labels himself as TAG in his posts, but he shows down LAG a ton.
That's because my image at the table is TAG...while the hands I post are on the LAG side cause they're typically the interesting ones. =)