Fcp Fantasy Football

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If there's enough interest outside of the 10 who play in the league mentioned in the OP, I will be happy to commish a league on Yahoo, 10 teams, $200 per person.
$200 is too steep for me. I would join a $50 league. Im in around 25 leagues already, whats another one?

I created a new Yahoo custom league called FCP All Stars with a live draft time of 4:30 Saturday, August 30th. We can change it around to accommodate anyone who wants to play. The entry fee will be $100, with 2/3 of the prize pool going to the first place team and 1/3 of prize pool going to 2nd place.I set the max at 12 teams, but I am fine with 8, 10, or 12 teams. The setup of the league is a little different than the FCP 200 league from last year, for example there is a DB and DL spot. If members of the league want certain stats or position changed, bench spots added, etc., I will be open to ammending things as I just used the settings I had in a league last year.Please PM me or post here if you're interested in joining and I will send you the league ID and pw.

I created a new Yahoo custom league called FCP All Stars with a live draft time of 4:30 Saturday, August 30th. We can change it around to accommodate anyone who wants to play. The entry fee will be $100, with 2/3 of the prize pool going to the first place team and 1/3 of prize pool going to 2nd place.I set the max at 12 teams, but I am fine with 8, 10, or 12 teams. The setup of the league is a little different than the FCP 200 league from last year, for example there is a DB and DL spot. If members of the league want certain stats or position changed, bench spots added, etc., I will be open to ammending things as I just used the settings I had in a league last year.Please PM me or post here if you're interested in joining and I will send you the league ID and pw.
I'm interested, but can't commit right now.I've always had an idea for having two leagues - kind of like the English soccer leagues. The top five teams in the A league stay, while the bottom five teams in the A league are relegated to the B league the following season. Likewise, the top five in the B league move up to the A league the following season. The A league can be the $200 buy-in and the B league is the $100 buy in.
I'm interested, but can't commit right now.I've always had an idea for having two leagues - kind of like the English soccer leagues. The top five teams in the A league stay, while the bottom five teams in the A league are relegated to the B league the following season. Likewise, the top five in the B league move up to the A league the following season. The A league can be the $200 buy-in and the B league is the $100 buy in.
That sounds like a good idea but I don't really have the time to organize it, so for now the league I created is just another fantasy league, teams in the FCP 200 league can join if they like. I will obv be in both leagues.
$200 is too steep for me. I would join a $50 league. Im in around 25 leagues already, whats another one?
im running one for 50+6 (ran on the same site as the dynasty leagues for fcp). might need a body or two
i am in.... eventhough i only finished second in this league last year i think i really dominated everyone soul considering all my injuries
Got the PM and we are good to go. I am inviting 1 more person to enter since I haven't heard from Hoosier yet. Once I get the 10th person in, we will discuss adding an 11th and 12th team, go over rules, and set a draft date of either 1 evening or over the course of 2 weeks via an email type draft.

KHere is what I have so far for league members...MyselfRdog GilbertologyCanebrainNaismithWhatArunAACrocd99GobearsZimmer4141 (New...replacing Rhinestone Cowboy)Jcashx36x (New...replacing HoosierAlum who I never heard back from)That get's us to 10 members. I will try and PM everyone as well, but if responses could be made in this thread I would appreciate it.So please answer the following questions/opinios1. Do you want to expand to 12 teams?2. Do you mind if we use a site other than Yahoo? (This would be a small fee of under $10 a member I believe and this way our league info/stats could be kept year to year unlike Yahoo)3. Do we want a single draft night or start an online draft that would take up 2 weeks to complete? (I did one recently that was 26 rounds and it didn't take an insane amount of time tbh)4. If we decide on a single draft night, is there a night that DOESN'T WORK FOR YOU. This will be done during the week Mon-Fri in all likelyhood.5. I don't remember all of the rules from last year, but I was thinking 1 pt. 10 yards rush/rec (decimal scoring....so 55 yards rushing is 5.5 pts). 1 pt 25 yards passing, 6 pts. TD's, 1 pt. recepections, -2 pts. fumbles lost and int's, 2pts for 2 pt conversions. Kickers- 3 pts for field goals, 6 pts for FG over 50 yards, 1 pt. extra pts. Defense, 2 pts for fumbles, 2 pts for int's, 1 pt sacks, 6 pt. TD's, and 0-2 pts scored against 20 points, 3-10 pts. scored against 10 pts., and 11-17 pts. scored againtst 5 points. If I have missed any or there are stats u don't like...bring them up now and we can vote on them.That's about it I think. I will wait to make payment arrangments when I find out if we are using a site other than yahoo for our league.Later

*edit*Also...lineups...1 QB2 RB2 WR1 TE1 Flex (RB, WR, TE)1 K1 Def

Let's not forget that I like to measure my dick.
No matter how much you measure it, it's not gonna grow. Sorry.It's like looking back at your cards after you missed a draw.
I know I'm not in the league, but I run one. Just last year we changed our FG pts. to mirror the yardage. We used to have it where if a kick was between 30-39yds you would get 3pts. But this year we changed it to if your kickers gets a 39yd FG it is worth 3.9pts. The reason we did this is just basically it was sort of unfair to get same amount of points for a 30yd FG and a 39yd FG.We also take away points for missed FGs and extra points:Subtract -3.00 points for missed field goals in the range of 0 to 20. Subtract -2.00 points for missed field goals in the range of 21 to 30. Subtract -1.00 points for missed field goals in the range of 31 to 40.Subtract -3.00 points for each missed extra point.
KHere is what I have so far for league members...MyselfRdog GilbertologyCanebrainNaismithWhatArunAACrocd99GobearsZimmer4141 (New...replacing Rhinestone Cowboy)Jcashx36x (New...replacing HoosierAlum who I never heard back from)That get's us to 10 members. I will try and PM everyone as well, but if responses could be made in this thread I would appreciate it.So please answer the following questions/opinios1. Do you want to expand to 12 teams?2. Do you mind if we use a site other than Yahoo? (This would be a small fee of under $10 a member I believe and this way our league info/stats could be kept year to year unlike Yahoo)3. Do we want a single draft night or start an online draft that would take up 2 weeks to complete? (I did one recently that was 26 rounds and it didn't take an insane amount of time tbh)4. If we decide on a single draft night, is there a night that DOESN'T WORK FOR YOU. This will be done during the week Mon-Fri in all likelyhood.5. I don't remember all of the rules from last year, but I was thinking 1 pt. 10 yards rush/rec (decimal scoring....so 55 yards rushing is 5.5 pts). 1 pt 25 yards passing, 6 pts. TD's, 1 pt. recepections, -2 pts. fumbles lost and int's, 2pts for 2 pt conversions. Kickers- 3 pts for field goals, 6 pts for FG over 50 yards, 1 pt. extra pts. Defense, 2 pts for fumbles, 2 pts for int's, 1 pt sacks, 6 pt. TD's, and 0-2 pts scored against 20 points, 3-10 pts. scored against 10 pts., and 11-17 pts. scored againtst 5 points. If I have missed any or there are stats u don't like...bring them up now and we can vote on them.That's about it I think. I will wait to make payment arrangments when I find out if we are using a site other than yahoo for our league.Later
1. Yes2. No3. Single draft night4. Any night but the 23rd or 29th and couple days before the season if that is being considered since I will be in Vegas for opening weekend.5. Looks good.6. You are sexy. Keep up the good work.
Does anyone have any interesting things they do for their league? Be it scoring or weekly monetary prizes?
Yes, yes and more yes. I have a few spots opne in my league, which is about half FCPers and half outsiders. This will be the 3rd year of this format, adapted from a Bill Simmons article in ESPN magazine with some of my own additions. $75 league on yahoo, all money returned to winners. Currently, draft is set for 9/2 at 7:45 Pacific Time, though it is not finalized as I try to accommodate everyone.We play a 17 week regular season H2H with the high score of the week winning a prize (last year we had 8 teams and it was $15 per week, if we get more players it will be more). After the regular season, the top 4 teams make the playoffs, which are the NFL playoffs. The playoff teams keep 3-6 players from their final roster and draft from the remaining players to bring their roster to 11. The top seed will draft first in every round of the playoff draft, making the regular season meaningful. Once your playoff roster is set, there will be no more changes and all players will be active until they are eliminated from the NFL playoffs, so there is a balance between getting the best players vs those that will play more games, as you cannot replace any lost players. The winner will be based on total points scored from wild card weekend to the superbowl (no heads up matches in the playoffs).Of course, Yahoo does not accommodate this type of scoring, so it is "officially" set up with no playoffs, and the playoffs are scored by hand. I will make a spreadsheet for scoring with all the playoff rosters and send updated copies with scores entered to anyone interested each week of the playoffs. Also, in the past we have had bidding for draft order to juice up the prize pool. I am debating whether to do this again as it is nice to have extra money for the winners, but allows the free spenders to buy first pick. I don't really mind as first pick is nice, but it is a snake draft for the regular season, so they will get a late 2nd round pick. Also, this system encourages some unusual trading near the deadline, where bubble teams try to get the best players they can to get into the playoffs, top teams trade their best players on bad teams to average players that will go deep in the playoffs, and the worst teams unload good playoff guys to try to get the top score of the week and get something back.Oziumrules and Yoda will vouch for the system. It really is fun. PM me if interested.Scott

KI got the league all set up and will send out invites in a bit, but I need everyone's email address. So PLEASE respond ASAP w/ that so I can get you invited and then get started.Once I have your email, I will then put every team in a random number generator thingy that WKTSWAY did for our other league and I will post the results on the league website. That will generate our draft order.We will be doing an email type draft through the site since it will be near impossible to get everyone on same night. (Jcash is in Hawaii and he may not be able to go at same time as rest of us in Continental USA). This will be 16 rounds and I doubt will take more than a week or so. I would like to start this draft if at all possible BY FRIDAY. So...Please get me your email addresses ASAP.Thanks!!I will add a bunch of "rules" etc. to the site later, but the nuts and bolts of scoring etc. have been added. I decided to go w/ a double header system instead of just HU every week because I think it helps teams over the course of the year determine who is really the best and who just got lucky along the way.Good Luck!!!

KI got the league all set up and will send out invites in a bit, but I need everyone's email address. So PLEASE respond ASAP w/ that so I can get you invited and then get started.Once I have your email, I will then put every team in a random number generator thingy that WKTSWAY did for our other league and I will post the results on the league website. That will generate our draft order.We will be doing an email type draft through the site since it will be near impossible to get everyone on same night. (Jcash is in Hawaii and he may not be able to go at same time as rest of us in Continental USA). This will be 16 rounds and I doubt will take more than a week or so. I would like to start this draft if at all possible BY FRIDAY. So...Please get me your email addresses ASAP.Thanks!!I will add a bunch of "rules" etc. to the site later, but the nuts and bolts of scoring etc. have been added. I decided to go w/ a double header system instead of just HU every week because I think it helps teams over the course of the year determine who is really the best and who just got lucky along the way.Good Luck!!!
There was a site I used to use years back called Antsports.com. You can set up a draft there for free, at least from what I remember. There was some other site that I can't remember, run by some guy named "Red" it was like xposrts or something, last I heard FOX or BoDog or some other company bought it.http://www.AntSports.com/Private_Drafts/

Email draft? What if person who picks #5 is gone for 24 hours, then person who picks #6 is gone for the next 24 hours? Couldn't this take forever, since there are like 12 rounds?If we can't pick a time everyone is available for a live draft we should at least get a day everyone will be around for this email draft thingy so it doesn't go into the regular season. just my opinion, I've never done one of these so I have no idea how long it would take.In a live draft, you can at least queu up like 4 players 3 picks before your turn so you don't even have to be there for the pick. But let's say it's one pick till my turn and there are 4 players in order I want, but I am only here two hours then gone for the next 12 hours, and the person on the clock picks 3 hours from now. Then everyone would have to wait until I got back and put in my pick to continue. Maybe we could do this over AIM somehow? Like have a permanent chatroom with picks and people coming and going?

Email draft? What if person who picks #5 is gone for 24 hours, then person who picks #6 is gone for the next 24 hours? Couldn't this take forever, since there are like 12 rounds?If we can't pick a time everyone is available for a live draft we should at least get a day everyone will be around for this email draft thingy so it doesn't go into the regular season. just my opinion, I've never done one of these so I have no idea how long it would take.
JoshThe site I have picked has it all set up on a 12 hour timer. Basically u have to check in a few times a day. We will have 16 rounds and we should get around 2 rounds done a day...taking around a week. I will also get people's phone numbers to text them when it's their turn. If a person doesn't pick in their 12 hour alloted time, they get passed and the next person up can pick. Then once that person get's back online...they may pick at any point in time.I wanted to do a 1 day draft, but it's logistically impossible for Jcash to do it since he is a lucky bastard and lives in Hawaii. He would have to draft at like 1 am which would be hard for most of us normal humans.Also...with this group of people I am not too worried. I got pm'd back by 6 of the 9 owners other than myself and most of these people are on the cpu a solid amount of time during the day. There is also a "predraft" feature of the site that allows u to rank the players in your order of preferance. So if you know you will be away for a few hours u can predraft ypur picks to not hold up the draft.The concensus was to go w/ 10 owners so that is what I have done.I will be sending out the league site later today I am pretty sure or tommorow at the latest. I wanna make sure I have everything set up correct before I ship it out to the owners. (I also wanna check w/ WKTSWAY to make sure I have it all set up right.) Gobears is in a league where we use this site, so he can vouvh for how well it will work for our purposes.

Well I know I will be going to AC for a 3 day period next Monday to Wednesday(had it planned for awhile) and will not be able to pick during these times unless I somehow can get internet access, and I don't want my picks to be "skipped", especially if it's in the early rounds.I know jcash lives in Hawaii, but it's only a 3 hour time difference from Pacific time. If he has to draft at say 5pm that's not too bad, meaning an 11pm draft for the east coasters and an 8pm draft for the west coast. I just really think we can pick out a specific time to run a live a draft, and it will be way easier this way.

Well I know I will be going to AC for a 3 day period next Monday to Wednesday(had it planned for awhile) and will not be able to pick during these times unless I somehow can get internet access, and I don't want my picks to be "skipped", especially if it's in the early rounds.I know jcash lives in Hawaii, but it's only a 3 hour time difference from Pacific time. If he has to draft at say 5pm that's not too bad, meaning an 11pm draft for the east coasters and an 8pm draft for the west coast. I just really think we can pick out a specific time to run a live a draft, and it will be way easier this way.
Josh I hear ya, but he also works a regular job that usually get's him out of there at a time where he can't draft in a live draft. I can help u out when u are out of town by entering your picks for u if u are away. Just bring your laptop...make a spreadsheet of your top 160 players...organize by position...and when it's your turn I can tell you the last X number of picks that have gone off the board and then u tell me who ya want. I will bend over backwards to make sure the sraft runs as smooth as possible. With a Friday start, we have a solid 13 days before the Thurs opener to get this done. If I am right about the people in this league and them being online a ton...I don't forsee this taking more than a week tbh. Like I said...I know 7 of the 10 owners are online or around most of the day. I will get EVERYONES phone number and text them when it's their turn. If we start by Friday...I don't forsee any problems.
Josh I hear ya, but he also works a regular job that usually get's him out of there at a time where he can't draft in a live draft. I can help u out when u are out of town by entering your picks for u if u are away. Just bring your laptop...make a spreadsheet of your top 160 players...organize by position...and when it's your turn I can tell you the last X number of picks that have gone off the board and then u tell me who ya want. I will bend over backwards to make sure the sraft runs as smooth as possible. With a Friday start, we have a solid 13 days before the Thurs opener to get this done. If I am right about the people in this league and them being online a ton...I don't forsee this taking more than a week tbh. Like I said...I know 7 of the 10 owners are online or around most of the day. I will get EVERYONES phone number and text them when it's their turn. If we start by Friday...I don't forsee any problems.
The one problem is I will be either playing at the tables or sleeping while I am in AC, not paying attention to fantasy football excel spreadsheets at the poker table.Also I know there are some of us online a ton, but there are others that I rarely see post and to have the kind of draft you're talking about we need ALL 10 owners online at every time of the day basically in a one-two day period. Remember, this is at least 12 rounds we are picking, not 2. Just look how long the Tremomey baby pool took with 10 participants that were always online. It was only 4 rounds and took over a week despite Trevor doing all he could to remind everyone it was their turn.If you want, please everyone PM me the times at which you are available for a draft and I will pick a date/time where everyone is free, or when the most people in the league are available to commit. I am really against this email draft thing as I am pretty sure it will go slowly, and there will be complaining afterwards if anyone's picks get skipped. I dunno, I mean every fantasy league I've been in(at least 40) has either had a live draft, or everyone preranks their players and the computer picks for everyone. I think we need to go with one of these two options, with the live draft being a ton easier/better. My two cents.
Mmmmmmm
The one problem is I will be either playing at the tables or sleeping while I am in AC, not paying attention to fantasy football excel spreadsheets at the poker table.Also I know there are some of us online a ton, but there are others that I rarely see post and to have the kind of draft you're talking about we need ALL 10 owners online at every time of the day basically in a one-two day period. Remember, this is at least 12 rounds we are picking, not 2. Just look how long the Tremomey baby pool took with 10 participants that were always online. It was only 4 rounds and took over a week despite Trevor doing all he could to remind everyone it was their turn.If you want, please everyone PM me the times at which you are available for a draft and I will pick a date/time where everyone is free, or when the most people in the league are available to commit. I am really against this email draft thing as I am pretty sure it will go slowly, and there will be complaining afterwards if anyone's picks get skipped. I dunno, I mean every fantasy league I've been in(at least 40) has either had a live draft, or everyone preranks their players and the computer picks for everyone. I think we need to go with one of these two options, with the live draft being a ton easier/better. My two cents.
JoshI just did a draft that was 26 rounds and it took barely 2 weeks. We had plenty of owners who couldn't draft at all points of the day and it all worked out.Also..u aren't reading what I wrote. THERE IS A PREDRAFT OPTION. If you wanna prerank every single round...u can do that. If you know you will not be around all day...that's cool...just predraft 3 or 4 rounds and you should have no problems. If you are in AC for a few days...just answer a text ONCE A DAY and I should be able to keep u up to speed as to what is going on.If you are indeed a fantasy tard like me...it will be ZERO problem for me to say to u..."Josh...yur turn...the last 12 picks were, Jamal Lewis, Big Ben, Reggie Bush, TJ Who'syourmamma, Ocho Cinco, Michael Turner, Gates, Winslow, Carson Palmer, Wes Welker, Willie Parker, and Teddy's Mom"...who do u want??? I don't need an answer IMMEDIATELY...especially if we all know you are in AC. Just try and answer sometime that day and we should be fine.Again...a live draft if IDEAL...however after speaking with SEVERAL owners...the email draft...over the course of 13 days...should be of NO PROBLEM. In fact if this league moves as well as I think...we are looking at 1 week TOPS for the draft to finish.