Fcp Fantasy Football

bump, let's start getting this organized.For those who don't get in the $200 league, or anyone who wants some more action, I am willing to create and commish a standard $100 buy-in league on Yahoo SportsPlease post here if you'd be interested in that and I think tomorrow I will create the league.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GAH....I typed a long message and accidentally erased.I will run the league if nobody objects.Same $200 as last year. I want to give the members who were in last year 1st crack.I remember the following were in...WhatarunaaHoosierAlumGilbertologyCroc99NaismithGobearsVick12There were 3 others who I am drawing a blank on. If those 3 would say who they were and if they are IN or Out for this year I would appreciate it. Same goes for the 6 I listed above excluding myself.I can't get access to the league from last year, so I am unsure of the rules we used. ( I am only in about 7 leagues...forgive me if I forget which rules we used in this 1!!!) If we can't remember, I will come up w/ a standard set of perfomance scoring rules to be approved prior to the draft.We will attemtp to do the draft online in 1 evening, but if we can't get everyone together for the same night we will have to go the slower 12 hour type draft where u pick when it's your turn w/ a 12 hour time limit. That means u will have to check the internet at least 2 times a day...which shouldn't be hard for most of us.So...let me know if you are IN or OUT and then once I see who is back I can add new people from there. Then I can give you directions on where to send money etc.
I hate you
bump, let's start getting this organized.For those who don't get in the $200 league, or anyone who wants some more action, I am willing to create and commish a standard $100 buy-in league on Yahoo SportsPlease post here if you'd be interested in that and I think tomorrow I will create the league.
prolly interested and i know jcash will want in.
prolly interested and i know jcash will want in.
interestedbut I don't have any money on online poker sites, would I be able to send cash (or a money order or Paypal) to the person running the league?
I hate you
LOL...Once I saw I forgot u I actually did feel bad I left ya out!!<3I am sending PM's out later today to last year's owners. Once I have a head count I will go from there on guys like NNB etc. who showed interest.
LOL...Once I saw I forgot u I actually did feel bad I left ya out!!<3I am sending PM's out later today to last year's owners. Once I have a head count I will go from there on guys like NNB etc. who showed interest.
sounds good. I think we should consider a 12 team league though since most of last year's participants seem to want to be in again. Nothing wrong with some new blood (and a larger prize pool).
sounds good. I think we should consider a 12 team league though since most of last year's participants seem to want to be in again. Nothing wrong with some new blood (and a larger prize pool).
Lemme see who say's yes 1st...and then if we indeed have most of the 10 from last year, I will poll the league and see if they are interested in adding 2 members. I know it doesn't matter much to me, but others may be opposed to a 12 team league instead of 10.
Lemme see who say's yes 1st...and then if we indeed have most of the 10 from last year, I will poll the league and see if they are interested in adding 2 members. I know it doesn't matter much to me, but others may be opposed to a 12 team league instead of 10.
yeah sure that sounds perfect. democracy works!

I have PM'd everyone from last year.I have CONFIRMED via PM...Vick12RdogCanebrainThrough this thread...GobearsGilbertologyWhatArunAAOnce I hear from HoosierAlumcrocd99Rhinestone CowboyNaismithI will take the next step of adding people and/or sending out a vote to expand league.

I think I will wait a couple days to create my league, or until we have the players in the $200 league figured out. Then any others who missed out or want to have two teams can join the $100 a head yahoo league I'm creating. We can increase/decrease the buy-in for my league depending on what people want

I want to defend my title, but I would need to know the draft date to make sure I can be there. Is there any ideas for draft dates?Edit: I'd also like a no trading players for cash clause in the league before we start to clear up that possibility.

I want to defend my title, but I would need to know the draft date to make sure I can be there. Is there any ideas for draft dates?Edit: I'd also like a no trading players for cash clause in the league before we start to clear up that possibility.
LOOOOOL...done!!!I will try to get a date as soon as I get the numbers figured out. Any idea of what dates don't work for u. I am likely going to hold the draft during the week or we may run a draft w/ a 12 hour timer like we do in our FCP Dynsaty league. (Which works pretty well for the most part)
LOOOOOL...done!!!I will try to get a date as soon as I get the numbers figured out. Any idea of what dates don't work for u. I am likely going to hold the draft during the week or we may run a draft w/ a 12 hour timer like we do in our FCP Dynsaty league. (Which works pretty well for the most part)
I think I am out. August is too crazy with weddings and business trips for me this year. I don't feel as bad knowing there are plenty in line to take my spot.
I think I am out. August is too crazy with weddings and business trips for me this year. I don't feel as bad knowing there are plenty in line to take my spot.
OK...We will miss ya for sure Crackalicious!!!Since many people showed interest I will reread this thread and start sending pm invites. I will be HONEST w/ everyone in that I will be choosing people based on 2 criteria.1. Order if posting in thread2. FCP lineage/my knowledge of who u areI still haven't heard from Hoosier and Croc, but otherwise I have heard from the rest of ya. Once I hear from those 2 I will then send out PM's to everyone about whether we want to expand to 12 or not. If we do...I'll invite a few more people.Later
Last year it was a success ( I quit half way through to solidify a solid draft position) but does anyone wanna do this again??? I really don't feel like running it but itd be fun to have 10 teams in a league again.. 200 buy in.. etc.. any interest?
FWIW, I think something like this should never be allowed in a Fantasy Football League.
I can't get access to the league from last year, so I am unsure of the rules we used. ( I am only in about 7 leagues...forgive me if I forget which rules we used in this 1!!!) If we can't remember, I will come up w/ a standard set of perfomance scoring rules to be approved prior to the draft.
You guys did Yahoo, no? I think Yahoo will allow you to use last year's scoring setup/rules, it's a new option they have had for the past few years or so.
FWIW, I think something like this should never be allowed in a Fantasy Football League.
Absolutely. In the end, its collusion even if you don't intend it to be. I assumed everyone would know that but since that doesn't appear to be true, something needs to be specifically put in the rules. Not sure how it solidified any draft position? And if in some warped way it did, that needs to be removed this year.
Absolutely. In the end, its collusion even if you don't intend it to be. I assumed everyone would know that but since that doesn't appear to be true, something needs to be specifically put in the rules. Not sure how it solidified any draft position? And if in some warped way it did, that needs to be removed this year.
Draft position is random, it doesn't matter how you finished the previous year. And yeh, it would be nice to get a rule in place that you cannot abandon your team during the year even if you can't qualify for the playoffs, but it would be hard to enforce. I think everyone in the league can be honest tho and make sure to take care of their teams every week, barring unforeseen circumstances.
Draft position is random, it doesn't matter how you finished the previous year. And yeh, it would be nice to get a rule in place that you cannot abandon your team during the year even if you can't qualify for the playoffs, but it would be hard to enforce. I think everyone in the league can be honest tho and make sure to take care of their teams every week, barring unforeseen circumstances.
I will make sure we have a constitution for this years league.This will be one of the rules that I have in another league..13) 8 on 8 rule: Every game must be played 8 on 8, unless a team cannot fill a position that day on his 17 man roster. If a team starts a lineup with less than 8 ACTIVE (on his NFL team) players, the following things happen: 1) The CC fixes the lineup with the most logical alternative (this will be done as soon as the erroneous lineup is found out, even if it is after the games start or finish) 1A) Note: a 'logical alternative will be a) the starter the team used most often during the current season B) the highest ppg player available on the roster c) the player who averages the most touches per game at the position. Note: If the 8th player pushes the negligent team from a loss to a win, the following will happen: The team dealt the loss keeps the loss, but the team who would have gained a win, will still get the loss they would have had. The purpose of the rule is to make sure that teams seeking playoff positioning do not get hurt by someone else's negligence. Note: 8 on 8 does not apply in the playoffs; it DOES apply in the round robin, with the exception of the round robin title game in week 17. The "CC" is the Competition Committee that I will apoint. It will consist of 3 members NOT including myself. I will act as the 3rd member of the CC in case a member of the CC is involved in anything shady. (Like a bad trade etc.)I will have an entire constitution before we start the draft.

Does anyone have any interesting things they do for their league? Be it scoring or weekly monetary prizes?In my league, we use a decimal pt. scoring system, so we get .1pts for every yard. We have weekly awards for: Highest scoring QB, Highest scoring RB, Longest TD run by an RB, etc.I'm thinking of adding either a flex position or an extra WR for my league. I'm also leaning towards adding 1pt/reception, I think this adds to the value of Rbs more than it does to WRs. I currently run a 12 team league.

If there's enough interest outside of the 10 who play in the league mentioned in the OP, I will be happy to commish a league on Yahoo, 10 teams, $200 per person.