*offical Dallas Cowboys Thread *

And McNabb "almost" won a Super Bowl.It's dumb to say that one player is or isn't good because of how the entire team does.But I find most of Rise's analysis to be particularly pukey.
Hopefully you understand that that is exactly what I was saying. Just because he fumbled the field goal doesn't mean he played a bad game. The opposite is also true. Eli Manning won the MVP of the Super Bowl vs. the Patriots and he did everything in his power to lose that game. The last drive was particularly terrible. He threw bad pass after bad pass and his receivers kept saving him, along with Patriots dropping INT's that hit their hands twice on that last drive... and yet he won Most. Valuable. Player.
  • Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Romo is the worst. Terrible QB.

Conversation that happened at thanksgiving dinner on Sunday.   Me: "This is probably the greatest day of my life. Cowboys beat the Seahwaks, Leafs are winning, and now I'm feasting on delicious Turk

I sill have a sick feeling that the Cowboys are going to finish 11-5 and miss the playoffs because that would be the most Cowboys possible outcome.     If we lose to Indy, we need one of the follow

He played a good game in Seattle and almost scored a TD on the botched field goal.
Lol. Now I remember why I stopped visiting the NFC East forum. How did 'almost' winning that game ended up for him....

soo... McNabb's so good that he had no chance to beat the Pats? because hall of fame players often have no chance of winning big games. HoF isnt all about team accomplishments, but he had/has a really good team for a long time now and hall of fame players should take really good teams and put them over the top. He hasn't. 'choked' may be a bit much for the game, but he really screwed up the last drive. i dont remember every play, but I remember if they'd atleast run a hurry up and not wasted so much time they would have had a decent shot at winning. and I never said Romo was all great and the best ever and never made a bad play. I said he takes way more blame for it than he should. yeah the seattle play...he should have got the hold down, yes he should have ...but OMG one bad hold after having been a starting QB for half a season and leading your team down the field to kick a FG and win the game? HOW DARE HE!!! drop 2 TD passes in the loss to the Giants (because obv he plays receiver, too)? HOW DARE HE!!! allow 2 80-yard TD runs to lose the Ravens game last year, which would have made the Philly game meaningless (because he obv plays defense too)? HOW DARE HE!! i'm tired of arguing about Romo with people who only know of the Cowboys what they see shown over and over again on ESPN. nobody makes you come in this thread and read what the fans want to say. nobody goes into threads for other teams and just criticizes the $#!& out of what their fans say. you dont like my analysis? dont read it, i dont care.

How dare McNabb only throw for 357 yards and 3 TD's in the Super Bowl.The point is that judging individual accomplishment based on team results is dumb.

So, Romo takes way more blame for his team's play then he should but it's fair to run down McNabb for only winning one of four NFC championship games..Do you see why it's hard to take you seriously?
Um, duh. Football isn't a team game anymore. All 4 losses(3 NFC Champ. 1 SB) are 100% McNabb's fault.....The other 51 players played A+++ football!!!
Dallas is playing well. I would be nervous if I was the Vikings.
Nervous? I would handicap the Vikings as underdogs. The Cowboys are playing significantly better than the Vikings in all phases but special teams (and Suisham sure looked ok tonight). Dallas reminds me strongly of the 2007 Giants....a team that had the light bulb go off at the right time. Loving my Chargers/Cowboys pick right now.Too bad we have little chance at Packers/Favre III now though.

yeah, mcnabb is definately a HoF QB. im sure all the experts will come decisively bash my opinion tho. anyone else really worried about Flozell v Jared Allen? or our LBs on Shiancoe? we held Celek and Gates in check for the most part. Flozell has been better but he hasn't really faced anyone as good as Allen. thats really all im worried about, though. Vikes have played horrible lately (and no, i dont count week 17 vs a Giants team that didn't even show up and isnt that good anyway). Peterson wont stiff arm Ware/Spencer/Ratliff/Brooking like he does the Brownies. and i think he's good for atleast 1 fumble. Last time we played Brett we knocked him out of the game. If he can't move very well next week, it might happen again.

Cowboy fans know how to tailgate..... it was pretty awesome. There was crawfish e'touffe, ribs (beef and baby back), hot links, grilled shrimp-kabobs, fajitas..... tons of really good food.Some of the players choice of vehicles was a bit odd.... it just looked weird to see a ginormous black lineman driving a Dodge Ram Doulie with a lift kit and a gooseneck tow package that looked like he could tow a house. Miles Austin has a sweet Ferrari 599 GTB but it's charcoal color. Romo and Whitten ride in together in his BMW 650i... I mean that's a nice car but...come on! When you're the QB of the Dallas Cowboys.... you gotta have more style than that. The game was awesome from the start. Cowboys dominated!! I hope New Orleans loses so we can have another game in Jerry World. What a sweet place!

Dallas is playing well. I would be nervous if I was the Vikings.
So true. Going into week 17 Philly was the team nobody wanted to face, Dallas certainly changed that. I will be surprised if the Vikings are favored, they certainly limped into the playoffs.
yeah, mcnabb is definately a HoF QB. im sure all the experts will come decisively bash my opinion tho. anyone else really worried about Flozell v Jared Allen? or our LBs on Shiancoe? we held Celek and Gates in check for the most part. Flozell has been better but he hasn't really faced anyone as good as Allen. thats really all im worried about, though. Vikes have played horrible lately (and no, i dont count week 17 vs a Giants team that didn't even show up and isnt that good anyway). Peterson wont stiff arm Ware/Spencer/Ratliff/Brooking like he does the Brownies. and i think he's good for atleast 1 fumble. Last time we played Brett we knocked him out of the game. If he can't move very well next week, it might happen again.
He loses ONE playoff game and all the sudden he's not HOF material. He is incredibly underrated because everything he does has came with less the a stellar team around him. It's getting there with Celek and Jackson. If(big if here) he can stay healthy for the next 3 or 4 years, he will win his superbowl.

Can I just express how happy I am being a Cowboys fan through the past 25 years? I know, it's only one playoff game, but for those of us that have heard the same arguments against our team for the past 10+ years, at least it negates most of those arguments. Although, my friends still won't concede that Romo can win the "big game" because now suddenly, the "big game" is only the Super Bowl. The haters can always find something I guess. I have a serious question for the Cowboy fans on here and even the haters...if they lose to the Vikings this weekend, would you consider the season a success? I think it's an interesting discussion. I know you play for the Super Bowl win, but if your team has seemed to turn around and is going in the right direction (somehow under Wade Phillips????), would a playoff loss necessarily make your season a failure?

Can I just express how happy I am being a Cowboys fan through the past 25 years? I know, it's only one playoff game, but for those of us that have heard the same arguments against our team for the past 10+ years, at least it negates most of those arguments. Although, my friends still won't concede that Romo can win the "big game" because now suddenly, the "big game" is only the Super Bowl. The haters can always find something I guess. I have a serious question for the Cowboy fans on here and even the haters...if they lose to the Vikings this weekend, would you consider the season a success? I think it's an interesting discussion. I know you play for the Super Bowl win, but if your team has seemed to turn around and is going in the right direction (somehow under Wade Phillips????), would a playoff loss necessarily make your season a failure?
Eh, lots of people have different opinions on that. Some say that anything other than a SB win is failure, but I disagree. I don't think a loss to MIN would mean the season is a failure. Sure, they didn't win the SB, but they proved the can win a playoff game. Sometimes, it is baby steps that win championships. However, I think they way Dallas is playing, it should be considered a failure if they lose.
I'm not picking on you because you're a Cowboys fan, but the term 'haters' might be the most obnoxious, grating thing ever. Anyway.. I think it's all relative. If it's a reasonable expectation going in to the season that your team is going to the Super Bowl, then obviously a loss in the second round is not a succesful season. If you figure on an 8-8 season, and you make the second round, well then.. obviously it's a succesful season. It's all a matter of underachieving, overachieving or meeting expectations. If Dallas loses in this week, I'd consider it a B for the season.. whatever that might mean to you.
I'm not picking on you because you're a Cowboys fan, but the term 'haters' might be the most obnoxious, grating thing ever.
[x] PWNED!

Fair enough, I might consider it a "B" as well putting it into those terms. And since "haters" is not the in word, what would you use to describe those sports fans that can't stand to see certain teams win (Yankees, Red Sox, Cowboys, Lakers...etc.)? Maybe I'm just behind on the times and need to update my vocabulary!

Fair enough, I might consider it a "B" as well putting it into those terms. And since "haters" is not the in word, what would you use to describe those sports fans that can't stand to see certain teams win (Yankees, Red Sox, Cowboys, Lakers...etc.)? Maybe I'm just behind on the times and need to update my vocabulary!
Nah.. not just you, buddy. Plenty of people offend my better judgement with that term on a regular basis. I would call them "opposing fans".

Ok, I got ya. I just hate "fans" that root for whoever plays against a certain team. Pick a team and root for them, simple. I can see rooting for a division or conference foe to lose, but just wanting a team to lose because...so many people like them or you decided you hate them doesn't seem very fannish to me. Ok, rant done, let's see what happens at the Metrodome...

I never really "hated" the Cowboys, but I am getting to the point where I was with the Red Sox. I hated Red Sox fans so much that I loved to see the team lose. I didn't hate the team, I hated the team's fans. Same thing with the Eagles. Cowboy fans are approaching the same level of obnoxious. At least win a big game before talking trash. And Romo is the Anti-Warner, he always seems to find a way to have a terrible game in big games.

I think we can safely say this loss can be placed in Romo's hands.
Were we watching the same game?Other than the INT late in the game, everything else was the O-lines fault. No Flozell= serious trouble.