*offical Dallas Cowboys Thread *

I think I was pretty fair in saying the Cowboys played well and had a good win over the Saints and somehow that translates to me 'hating on the 'Boys'. The Saints have struggled in all but a couple games the last 10 weeks. Just stating facts. Maybe you should wait until I say something negative about your team before you get all worked up.Edit: Actually, 6 of the Saints last 9 games have been decided by a TD or less. Not exactly mowing teams down.

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Romo is the worst. Terrible QB.

Conversation that happened at thanksgiving dinner on Sunday.   Me: "This is probably the greatest day of my life. Cowboys beat the Seahwaks, Leafs are winning, and now I'm feasting on delicious Turk

I sill have a sick feeling that the Cowboys are going to finish 11-5 and miss the playoffs because that would be the most Cowboys possible outcome.     If we lose to Indy, we need one of the follow

With the exception of that Patriots game, the Saints have struggled against less than mediocre teams on more than one occasion.
yet they had won all of those games (until recently). not many teams just destroy every singe opponent they face. Even the '07 Pats barely beat an 8-8 eagles team (ok, they destroyed pretty much everyone else, but they were being considered the best of all time). say whatever you want, that was a great win over the Saints. you dont get to 13-0 in the NFL using smoke and mirrors, you get there by being one of the best teams in the league. theyre still the #1 team in the NFC even with their bad loss yesterday. and going into their house and beating them is a great win. period, no buts. according to an article on the Boys' website, we would need AZ to lose and Minny to lose out (and beat Philly) to get the 2 seed because AZ holds the common game tie breaker over us. that would be cool, but i kind of agree with a comment I saw saying we might be better off playing an extra playoff game instead of getting a bye. i'd be totally happy with just winning a home game in the first round, as I think it would be really tough to lose to Philly at home then go to Philly for a playoff game.
Romo has played well, but you can't blame anyone for questioning his playoff record.
Yes I can, because people keep spouting crap about Romo & December & playoffs without even looking at his stats. Football is a team game. (This response isn't directed at you)
I think I was pretty fair
I agree.

everyone who said we couldn't win a meaningful December/January game: eat itall the "experts" who said 8-8 and 3rd in the division would be the best we could do: eat itespecially Jaworski, you ridiculous Philly homer, who if I remember right said we wouldn't get to 8-8 and be last in the East: eat iteveryone who hated on Romo: eat itto me for hating on our D earlier this year: eat itdomination over the "hottest/best team in the NFC." shutout their big play offense. scoreboard-wise wasn't as bad as they did to us last year but psychologically should be just as embarrassing. McNabb didn't have a great game, missed some wide open guys, but it wouldnt have mattered that much. not sure why Romo stayed in for the 4th after he obv. hurt his back, or why we dont get Choice some touches atleast late in the game.and i know the playoffs havent started yet, and if lose next week itll all be for nothing. it's hard to beat a team 3 times in one year, and esp. twice in 2 weeks, but the Eagles gotta come right back to TX after having been completely dominated. and (if we get that far) beating the Saints in NO for the second time this year wont be easy, either. but right now our D looks like one of the best in the NFL, and I really like our chances.

and i know the playoffs havent started yet, and if lose next week itll all be for nothing. it's hard to beat a team 3 times in one year, and esp. twice in 2 weeks, but the Eagles gotta come right back to TX after having been completely dominated. and (if we get that far) beating the Saints in NO for the second time this year wont be easy, either. but right now our D looks like one of the best in the NFL, and I really like our chances.
If Dallas beats Philly they play Minnesota, not NOUnless thats what you mean by "(if we get that far)" Considering minnesota doesnt really look unstoppable lately
If Dallas beats Philly they play Minnesota, not NOUnless thats what you mean by "(if we get that far)" Considering minnesota doesnt really look unstoppable lately
im aware...but NFC champ game if it were us and NO would be in NO. Minny got a huge break not having to go outdoors in the cold this postseason. really i could see any of these 6 teams winning the NFC. if the Saints get healthy I think they have to be the favs tho.*just saw that Choice was out with a concussion, which would be why he didnt any touches today.

Back to back shut outs for the first time in team history? Did I hear that right?I'll be at the game next week.... hate on haters!And yea...I agree...WTF ya thinking leaving Romo in the game when we are up by 4 scores with 6 minutes to go?Did ya see Jerry's face when the big screen malfunctioned? He stood up immediately with a look like "Somebody's getting fired if that doesn't come back on RIGHT NOW ! ! ! !"

I just heard the most retarded thing ever by an announcer:On NBC:Who do you favor next week in Dallas?Dungy said he favored Dallas because they are playing so well and Philly is on a down slide after providing nothing today. Retard Rodney says: "I disagree.... Philadelphia is an experienced playoff team and Dallas hasn't been in the playoffs in over a decade. There's no way they can beat the Eagles twice."A) wrongB] Already did I think I know what he wished he had said.... "haven't WON in a decade" and couldn't beat the Eagles twice "in consecutive weeks"But to imply that Philly is an experienced playoff team and Dallas isn't.... just retarded.Eagles have 36 playoff appearances (8-6 in the last decade)Dallas has 55 playoff appearances (true dat 0'fer in the last decade) but the last time we played Philly -- Jan. 7, 1996 - NFC Divisional - Dallas 30, Philadelphia 11Not only does Dallas have more appearances than Philly...they have more than ANY team in the NFL.Most appearances:55 - Dallas46 - Pittsburgh43 - Cleveland/LA/St. Louis Rams, Oakland42 - MinnesotaMost wins:32 - Dallas28 - Pittsburgh25 - San Francisco, Oakland24 - Green BaySoooo.. eat it Rodney !

Does talking about the past ever get old for you Cowboy fans?Seriously GG today, you deserve the number 3 seed and the division crown.Why do you guys always insist on bringing up the past. Ok, Dallas has more playoff appearances and wins in history....so what? The 52 players on the roster weren't on any of those winning teams, were they? A lot of them however were on the losing teams the last decade. Yes, you can beat Philly twice in a row at home not because Dallas has a bunch of wins 20+ years ago, because they have a good team and they are at home.

Pretty sure he's talking about the players on a team as a team where Philly has made many Championship games and a Superbowl. I don't think the victories by Tom Landry teams are going to help them next week.And, I think he said "two weeks in a row" edit: yep he said ("back to back weeks")Finally, there's two spots in the team fantasy playoffs league. you guys should join it.

Does talking about the past ever get old for you Cowboy fans?Seriously GG today, you deserve the number 3 seed and the division crown.Why do you guys always insist on bringing up the past. Ok, Dallas has more playoff appearances and wins in history....so what? The 52 players on the roster weren't on any of those winning teams, were they? A lot of them however were on the losing teams the last decade. Yes, you can beat Philly twice in a row at home not because Dallas has a bunch of wins 20+ years ago, because they have a good team and they are at home.
I agree...I only brought up the past to rebut a statement made about the past....( I know...retarded)Trust me....Dallas fans would LOVE to forget the past...at least the past 10 years but that keeps getting brought up about us not winning a playoff game in a decade.Totally agree about the 52 players concept.... past records don't really have an effect on future performance when it comes to head to head.Off topic a bit but in regards to the Texas/Alabama game, one of our boosters said the other day that Texas will win because Alabama has NEVER beaten the horns. Texas is 8-0 against them. I said "These Horns haven't played THIS Alabama".... but it fell on deaf ears.Maybe I misinterpreted the announcer....I'm not going to research how many of the current Eagle players have been in a playoff game vs. the number of current Cowboys that have been in a playoff game.
Maybe I misinterpreted the announcer....I'm not going to research how many of the current Eagle players have been in a playoff game vs. the number of current Cowboys that have been in a playoff game.
dude. it's not even something you need to "research". it's common sense. Cowboys haven't made it in however long. Eagles have made it many a time recently. did I miss the cowboys revamping the majority of their roster?
dude. it's not even something you need to "research". it's common sense. Cowboys haven't made it in however long. Eagles have made it many a time recently. did I miss the cowboys revamping the majority of their roster?
OK.... I don't know how much the Eagles roster has been revamped in the past 5 years either... 5 appearances (2 different seasons)Maybe I short circuited when he said "Dallas hasn't been to the playoffs in over a decade."
OK.... I don't know how much the Eagles roster has been revamped in the past 5 years either... 5 appearances (2 different seasons)Maybe I short circuited when he said "Dallas hasn't been to the playoffs in over a decade."
None of it really matters for next week. And, Rodney Harrison is mostly worthless.
Philly has made many Championship games and a Superbowl.
getting to the championship game is cool and all (hey we havent done it in forever) but only going 1-3 and choking the one time you make it past that isnt exactly big time clutch postseason pedigree. winning a couple games to get there may be more experience than any cowboys player has, but i think that's overrated when youre on the road against a clearly better team. thats why i dont agree McNabb is a automatic hall of fame QB like everyone seems to think. he's been one of the better QBs in the league for a while, and has gotten TO big games, but only to the big one once and really choked at the end of it. Hall of famers should do more than have big numbers. theres a few exceptions like Dan Marino who had every freakin record ever, but the few exceptions were really special players who were on bad teams...and thats not McNabb.

He has the third most passing yards in the past decade behind Peyton Manning and Brett Favre and he's never had a terribly talented group of pass catchers(with this year maybe being the exception). Also, if you don't want people to point out how awful the Cowboys have been in the playoffs with Romo, then I don't think I'd start poking at McNabb's playoff resume. That all being said, it was a nice win today. Still not sure who to buy into as the favorite in the NFC, though obviously I'm going to lean towards my Packers.

That all being said, it was a nice win today. Still not sure who to buy into as the favorite in the NFC, though obviously I'm going to lean towards my Packers.
I am really hoping GB can turn in a repeat performance from yesterday against AZ next week.Then when they go to Minnesota and run it up on Favre, I will be the happiest man alive.
He has the third most passing yards in the past decade behind Peyton Manning and Brett Favre and he's never had a terribly talented group of pass catchers(with this year maybe being the exception). Also, if you don't want people to point out how awful the Cowboys have been in the playoffs with Romo, then I don't think I'd start poking at McNabb's playoff resume.
he had T.O. when he was still in his prime, and Brian Westbrook. they're an insanely pass oriented offense. and that one stat alone and some playoff wins is supposed to mean he's a hall of famer? i dont buy it. he's been a really good QB, i dont dispute that, but the hall of fame - to me anyway - is supposed to be for the guys who were more than just really good players. he had several chances to become great, and never proved that he could be. he had really good teams, went to 4 straight NFC champ games and did what? 1-3 and choked in the super bowl. Peyton and Favre won rings when they got the chance. a lot of people think he's a hall of famer, i just disagree. i dont care if people point out how awful the cowboys have been. they have been awful. people also said they couldnt win in December, that they couldnt win the division. people are going to say whatever they want - i do. i pretty strongly disagree when people blame it all on Romo. he's had bad games but its not all his fault. and you cant compare McNabb to Romo. he's been around much longer. its only Romo's 3rd full year starting. HA some writer for the Eagles on First Take just said they're gonna put up 27 next week. they scored 16 and 0, and he's confident they're gonna put up 27. only the Giants have put up 27 on us this year. Not the Chargers, not the Saints, not the Pack, not Atlanta, and not Philly - twice.
getting to the championship game is cool and all (hey we havent done it in forever) but only going 1-3 and choking the one time you make it past that isnt exactly big time clutch postseason pedigree. winning a couple games to get there may be more experience than any cowboys player has, but i think that's overrated when youre on the road against a clearly better team. thats why i dont agree McNabb is a automatic hall of fame QB like everyone seems to think. he's been one of the better QBs in the league for a while, and has gotten TO big games, but only to the big one once and really choked at the end of it. Hall of famers should do more than have big numbers. theres a few exceptions like Dan Marino who had every freakin record ever, but the few exceptions were really special players who were on bad teams...and thats not McNabb.
I don't really considered losing to the Patriots in the Superbowl a 'choke job'. In that last drive IIRC there was only 3 minutes at most to drive down the field and score a TD(not just a FG). That is hard to ask of any QB in the Superbowl. Yes, it has been done before(last year, obv) but just because he didn't doesn't make it a choke. Not to mention what has already been pointed out, but it's not like Romo is flawless during the playoffs anyway. Remember Seattle?
I don't really considered losing to the Patriots in the Superbowl a 'choke job'. In that last drive IIRC there was only 3 minutes at most to drive down the field and score a TD(not just a FG). That is hard to ask of any QB in the Superbowl. Yes, it has been done before(last year, obv) but just because he didn't doesn't make it a choke. Not to mention what has already been pointed out, but it's not like Romo is flawless during the playoffs anyway. Remember Seattle?
He played a good game in Seattle and almost scored a TD on the botched field goal.
He played a good game in Seattle and almost scored a TD on the botched field goal.
And McNabb "almost" won a Super Bowl.It's dumb to say that one player is or isn't good because of how the entire team does.But I find most of Rise's analysis to be particularly pukey.