*offical Dallas Cowboys Thread *

Your question had a simple answer, you even answered it yourself. So, yeah that question is not really profound or rhetorical at all. Dallas doesn't live up to their potential most of time, it's been brought up time and time again. Also, I'm not going to keep arguing with a bitchy middle aged man. You hate Dallas, we get it. Good luck with Greenbay.
I'm more of a quarter aged man. As a matter of fact, I was 12 the last time Dallas won a playoff game.I paid your team a compliment and posed a rhetorical question about the silliness that is the NFL on a week to week basis. You get mad when I rag on your team and you get mad when I pay your team a compliment. Standard. Thanks for the well wishes though.
  • Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Romo is the worst. Terrible QB.

Conversation that happened at thanksgiving dinner on Sunday.   Me: "This is probably the greatest day of my life. Cowboys beat the Seahwaks, Leafs are winning, and now I'm feasting on delicious Turk

I sill have a sick feeling that the Cowboys are going to finish 11-5 and miss the playoffs because that would be the most Cowboys possible outcome.     If we lose to Indy, we need one of the follow

we held the Pack to 17 pts, their lowest of the season, and 7 of those came on a bad fumble call that gave them the ball inside the 10. without that call the game is still close and who knows what happens. not saying we win, just saying we didn't get beaten badly and that lots of games come down to a couple of plays that go the way of one team or the other.
Fair enough.
Oh man, winning this game is going to be even crueler for ya'll in the end.
No it won't. We all know who Dallas is, and we especially know who Wade Phillips is. We always play UP to good opponents and DOWN to bad opponents.

apparently Suisham is like 1 or 2 on the list to tryout for the kicking job. ive been a huge fan of Folk's since he got here, and even I agree it's time to make a change, for this seasons atleast. but to replace a guy who went to a probowl in only his 3rd season for another guy who's in just as big of a slump and doesnt have as much upside (as far as I know anyway, im just assuming) would just be stupid. maybe Jerry's so thankful for the first Skins game he wants to give the guy a paycheck in appreciation.

No it won't. We all know who Dallas is, and we especially know who Wade Phillips is. We always play UP to good opponents and DOWN to bad opponents.
ThisExactly why I'm afraid we lose to washington

Anybody else watch some of the Monday night game and think, "This is not the same Redskins team that will show up next week..." Oh well, woulda been nice if they coulda beat the Giants, but didn't expect it too much.

we signed Suisham and cut Folk
Terrible decision.
Yeah, I don't quite understand the reasoning behind picking up another struggling kicker. Especially one whose crap-the-bed performance Dallas witnessed firsthand earlier this season.
Yeah, I don't quite understand the reasoning behind picking up another struggling kicker. Especially one whose crap-the-bed performance Dallas witnessed firsthand earlier this season.
The available pool of kickers must be awful.

I wouldn't say Suisham is exactly struggling. He's only missed 3 FG's this year and one of those was from 50 yards.No matter what....he has to be better than Folk. I agree that the pool of available kickers must be horrible. I just can't imagine that there's not a dozen guys out there that kicked in college and never went pro that couldn't do a decent job.

Vandy is done.... he's sitting home with his wife in the great white north. I'm not sure he could still play.... he's like 40 or something and even though he was (maybe still is) the most accurate kicker ever...I think he's done.... couldn't even make a Canadian team last season.

suisham's like 18/21 this year, which is not bad. im guessing he got cut because the skins suck and his misses cost them 2 games, tho that's the least of their problems. im not really excited about getting a guy who missed the same distance kick as folk when the game was actually on the line, but we auditioned several kickers and he was the best of the bunch. I highly doubt there's another guy who could go 18/21 still sitting around out there this late in the season, esp. seeing how many kickers have been cut recently. i got a feeling Folk will get another job next year and have a good career, i just hope its not with someone in the East and he kills us every year.

i got a feeling Folk will get another job next year and have a good career, i just hope its not with someone in the East and he kills us every year.
This will be interesting to see how it pans out.I'm wondering if that hip surgery he had is really the problem and not the down time that he claimed. It may be time to shoot this race horse.

after their bowl game the other night, i take back what I said about hoping Taylor Mays slips down to us. he looked awful. took bad lines to the ball and at times looked confused by the powerhouse BC offense.If we're taking anyone from USC, let it be Damian Williams. that kid is a beast. alright, lets go Panthers. and i hope Brian Dawkins knocks the $#!& out of Desean Jackson.....wow who saw the Panthers just destroying the Giants? knowing we can clinch a playoff spot with a win tonight i think were gonna come out hot.

playoffs, baby. and a chance next week for the division, and an outside shot at #2 seed and bye week with a home game. i think we need a lot (the Vikes to lose out and AZ to lose also, but still. actually, thats what they were saying but Im not sure thats right. AZ plays GB so they would have the same record as us if we beat Philly and they hold a tie breaker. I don't know ill figure it out later.)also, im kinda stoked about our playoff chances. Of the NFC playoff teams, we have the best defense in terms of points per game and touchdowns per game, and the top 3 (with Minnesota and Green Bay, all 3 teams being very close) in rushing ypg allowed and rushing yards/attempt allowed. we're second offensively in rushing ypg behind the Saints, and first in yards/attempt. all the teams are fairly close in the same passing stats offensively (oddly, AZ being last in yards/attempt and 5th in ypg). our passing defense is sort of middle of the pack (though that's for the whole season, and we've definately gotten much better the past several weeks). really funny game. 2 weeks ago there was a good chance we wouldn't even make the playoffs. now we have a shot at a home game and maybe a bye week. Also, first of the year all the experts said the AFC would take 10-11 wins to get in the playoffs and the NFC would be like 9-10 wins. 1 week left and there's like 2493412 different scenarios for the AFC and two 9 win teams get in, while the NFC wild card teams will have atleast 10 and a possibility that both have 11. crazy. as for the game tonight... defense was awesome. im kinda disturbed by our inability to pick up 3rd and 4th and 1 or less. we should not be having problems getting a yard. Bobby Carpenter didn't get beat 15 times for big plays! he even made a couple decent ones. Ratliff and Bradie James need to make the pro bowl.*edit* GB can't win the 2 seed b/c they cant win their division. if we and AZ both win next week we have same record/conference record so it goes to some other tie breakers which I had typed out but it wouldnt let me post. its complicated, im sure ESPN/NFL.com will explain better later, but its 2 am and i dont feel like going through it all again.

Easy big guy, you still have Romo as a QB...on the bright side it isn't December anymore!!

Easy big guy, you still have Romo as a QB...on the bright side it isn't December anymore!!
Have you ever watched a Cowboy game? Romo is playing like a top 3 QB this year. I has something like a 120 QB rating in his last 5 games.
Have you ever watched a Cowboy game? Romo is playing like a top 3 QB this year. I has something like a 120 QB rating in his last 5 games.
Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Phillip Rivers and maybe even Brett Favre would all disagree. That being said, I think I'm impressed with them. The win over the Saints was a good win, but I think the Saints were doing a lot were smoke and mirrors anyway. And I don't know how much credit you give them for doing what they should do; beat the Redskins. But they're making a pretty obvious, concerted effort to not shit the bed, as they have in the past. They've got some holes but they could win a game or two in the playoffs if they get the right matchup. Very interesting team, IMO.
Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Phillip Rivers and maybe even Brett Favre would all disagree. That being said, I think I'm impressed with them. The win over the Saints was a good win, but I think the Saints were doing a lot were smoke and mirrors anyway. And I don't know how much credit you give them for doing what they should do; beat the Redskins. But they're making a pretty obvious, concerted effort to not shit the bed, as they have in the past. They've got some holes but they could win a game or two in the playoffs if they get the right matchup. Very interesting team, IMO.
I was mainly talking about over the last 5 games, but it wasn't clear in how I wrote that.Romo 9td's, 1 int.Manning 6 int's over the same period.(rogers has 10td's and 2 int's)
I was mainly talking about over the last 5 games, but it wasn't clear in how I wrote that.Romo 9td's, 1 int.Manning 6 int's over the same period.(rogers has 10td's and 2 int's)
Rodgers = The Man. Romo has played well, but you can't blame anyone for questioning his playoff record.
The win over the Saints was a good win, but I think the Saints were doing a lot were smoke and mirrors anyway. And I don't know how much credit you give them for doing what they should do; beat the Redskins.
their "smoke and mirrors" was enough to destroy the Jets and Giants when both those teams were on the top of their game and embarrass the patriots. as for the eagles, well it was week 2 but the Saints won by 26. they have the #1 offense in ypg (which i dont think is the stat they should use to rank offenses, but whatever), #1 in points per game (which is a much more telling stat), #1 in yards per play, #3 passing offense (in yards per game), and #5 in rushing ypg. thats not smoke and mirrors. that's domination. their defense has become questionable in recent weeks, but they've had a lot of injuries, and were getting by on great plays by Sharper and Vilma. trying to put down that win in any way, even after they lose to the Bucs yesterday, is just trying to hate on the boys and find something negative to say. and yeah we should beat the Skins, but the Eagles should've beat the Raiders, Steelers should beat the Browns/Chiefs/Raiders, Saints should beat the Bucs, Giants should beat the Panthers. no game is a given in the NFL, especially big inner division rivalry games. as for all the Romo stuff, he's not elite (like Manning or Brady) but he's one of the best in the league, and he's shown that. He's top 10 in passing yards (and yards per game), TDs, average, QB rating, and INTs. that speaks for itself. I'm not going to argue this again because I already have and nobody listens anyway, but the defense was a much bigger part of our recent end of the season letdowns than what Romo was doing. and our defense this year has gotten better every week and is now just raw. We held the Saints, GB, and San Diego (all high scoring offenses) to their lowest points of the season. We held Carolina to 7 points, their second lowest (6 to the Jets), Philly to their second lowest (9 pts vs OAK), and the Skins to 6 and 0 (ok not a great brag really, but its their 2 lowest of the season). I think we matchup well with the other playoff teams. we've already beaten 2 of them on the road, and the GB game was fairly close and maybe our worst performance of the season. though I will say I would not be excited about going back to GB, Philly, or NO. We've held big passing offenses in check for the most part, so Az and Minny don't scare me so much. all 6 teams in the NFC are really strong though and it will be tough for any one of the teams to come out on top.*edit: we still have to beat Philly next week which is no given with the way they've been playing. Bu we're playing good too and already beat them once. After being basically out of it 3 weeks ago we now look really good and im excited so get over it.