Thank You For The Lessons

I wish you the best of luck Daniel. Your small ball alone was worth every cent.Other than that...... meh. Prof. Swayne was interesting at times, but rather lame over all.The online player section...... where do I start?It took several tries to just get through absolutely horrible commentary. Brutal is about the only term I can think of to describe what I went through watching those videos.These are the people you want me to pay for? Most of them have a hard time putting a sentence together let alone a train of thought. And when they don't sound bored, confused, half-asleep or drunk.... they are at best semi-literate.Besides that.... none of them showed me anything more than how to be a luckbox at poker. My biggest problem should be I flopped the nuts..... how do I get paid off.You got my money. This is my opinion.

OP is entitled to his opinion. I found for just the small ball section it is actually underpriced. I have made my $$$$ back quickly. The professors lessons are actually better than most poker math books and videos I have seen.

I think that he's a little upset the professor didn't answer his question.The math is great! I have read the other guys books and seen their videos and walked away shaking my head! Charlie is down to earth and easy to understand. If you want a math guy that speaks in simple language, this guy is the deal. Daniel and the guys could have chosen almost anyone I am sure. As far at the guys being hard to understand, I don't want to hear a staged, word for word pre-printed format. I want to hear exactly what's on these guys minds during real hands. That's what they give us. I don't want to see a hand that last 20 minutes with every detail. I enjoy the format of telling the main points of a hand and letting me soak in the few minutes of it that I need. Not the 3 minutes while the guy is pondering his decision. By the way, for those that were down a little on Alex, he did pretty well at the ME. $135,000 isn't bad. I know that this is not coming from a top pro, but it is coming from someone that has made around 300x on my investment.By the way. I looked over some of the online stuff and decided to play the 12000 player freeroll today. I really don't like playing online but won a ticket for next week.

I can agree with the OP in so far as Daniel's gallery of online pros is not as articulate as Daniel - but that shouldn't come as any surprise. I think I even made mention of that when I first reviewed the site. It's a downside, but one I can easily live with. Everyone's entitled to their opinion as far as how well these players play the game and if they demonstrate a style of play or a way of thinking about the game that can benefit others.I think, with some of the vids, you could watch them with the sound off and get about as much info as with the sound on. That doesn't mean they can't be extremely valuable or insightful. It does mean you'll have to work harder to be perceptive and go over the video carefully and try to apply some of it to your own game.I've seen a couple of questionable plays, or at least, seen a few of these guys talk themselves out of a bad play, which usually means they're capable of making that play. But, everyone makes bad plays. It's just the nature of the game. If you want "as it happens" online content you'll have to expect it not to be perfect.If you see a play that's downright awful, bring it up in the forums here and have some other people debate it with you. Some people may question JC's style for example, but I don't think it should be disregarded as luckboxing. Obviously, he can defend himself, but one obvious benefit to his style is it generates a lot of action, can put tight players on tilt and makes him harder to read - very valuable at high stake cash games. BooostedJ's vids seem so ABC (nothing wrong with that) that I can't find any major flaw to him. He's not a super animated guy, which is probably a good thing to be as a poker player. Again OP's entitled to his opinion and I respect it. I just wanted potential subscribers to hear other views as well.I'll continue to subscribe as long as I can afford to do so. So far, my poker winnings have more than paid for PokerVT.

Besides that.... none of them showed me anything more than how to be a luckbox at poker. My biggest problem should be I flopped the nuts..... how do I get paid off.You got my money. This is my opinion.
Good thing you didn't go to the Ultimate Butt Cross Canada Ripoff Tour... you'd have had an aneurysm... Poker VT is by far the best money I have EVAR spent on "poker education". I have a small library of books and DVD's, some very good, and some I'm using as butt-wipe. To each is own, and as far as I'm concerned, BRAVO TO DANIEL AND HIS CREW!

love Poker VT to start ... I have been a live player all my life started when i was 10 yrs at my family's hunting camps ...I know betting with the old cowboys ..but I learned alot there . I play for Fun so how can you lose ....As for the poker instruction The math is my weakness so any help there is good so i can't comment if good or bad ..i will say Pross swayne dumbs it it down for me to understand and I really love that ..Poker online with Adam and Annette are a real EYE opener Annette's videos are priceless for position play IMO Adam is a the real deal as a poker teacher the replays are another priceless lesson for me when he talks about his hands are a given but the hands he is not in HE is still analyzing his opportunities and giving great feed back I WISH to see more play back from all the pros I think IMHO it is better than Live action seen ..Again A real treat to watch since I am not a big reader of books this is a real answer for me as a player to improve from back woods to maybe front stage . I really have alot of respect for all the pros It is hard to lay out your self for Thousands to throw rocks at ... and the solid good plays and reads to go UN praised .....I drink to you and Poker VT PS this is not a joke account I play On Poker-stars with this account name .. at this moment not very good. but working through this massive learning curve ..Live long , Play hard MD

• 2 weeks later...
I wish you the best of luck Daniel. Your small ball alone was worth every cent.Other than that...... meh. Prof. Swayne was interesting at times, but rather lame over all.The online player section...... where do I start?It took several tries to just get through absolutely horrible commentary. Brutal is about the only term I can think of to describe what I went through watching those videos.These are the people you want me to pay for? Most of them have a hard time putting a sentence together let alone a train of thought. And when they don't sound bored, confused, half-asleep or drunk.... they are at best semi-literate.Besides that.... none of them showed me anything more than how to be a luckbox at poker. My biggest problem should be I flopped the nuts..... how do I get paid off.You got my money. This is my opinion.
Ridiculous you are getting to watch winning players think out loud dont be synnacle and it has helped my game immensely

So far I have to agree with OP.Can anyone direct me to any good online pro videos? (By good I dont mean "barely watchable", I mean where they actually TEACH something?)The small ball section, which I have watched, is nbd, everything thats in it can be found in 10 pages of Erick Lindgren's book.I havent watched the math section but I did skim through the download...maybe you need both because the download was bleh.I'd love to say something positive, and Ive withheld saying anything negative hoping to find some hidden gems. Unfortunately, so far it seems way overhyped and at the same level as DN's books and the DVD, which is not very good. Pleeeeeeze, someone send me to something worthwhile in VT!!!

Watch any hand that has Jacqulene Zwerner chick in it. She's pretty hot.
QFT :heart:Adam Junglens replay of the sunday million's very good, as is the FTOPS
Pleeeeeeze, someone send me to something worthwhile in VT!!!
Daniel should contact YOU about doing videos... So tell me about your major wins... WPT Titles... WSOP bracelets... Seeing as you know everything, let's have some of those pearls of wisdom...
Daniel should contact YOU about doing videos... So tell me about your major wins... WPT Titles... WSOP bracelets... Seeing as you know everything, let's have some of those pearls of wisdom...
What an asinine comment. I'm looking to LEARN. VT charges good money to TEACH. If I thought I knew everything I wouldnt spend the money to LEARN. The online pro videos that Ive watched don't TEACH. They play, without any explanation of the play. You can stare at someone elses play all day and think "yeah, Id do that too", without internalizing a damn thing. All I asked for is someone to save me time and let me know what they have LEARNED from on VT so I dont waste more time.If youre learning something (or think youre learning something) good for you. Tell me what videos you learned from, instead of jumping on my case.
What an asinine comment. I'm looking to LEARN. VT charges good money to TEACH. If I thought I knew everything I wouldnt spend the money to LEARN. The online pro videos that Ive watched don't TEACH. They play, without any explanation of the play. You can stare at someone elses play all day and think "yeah, Id do that too", without internalizing a damn thing. All I asked for is someone to save me time and let me know what they have LEARNED from on VT so I dont waste more time.If youre learning something (or think youre learning something) good for you. Tell me what videos you learned from, instead of jumping on my case.
What have I learned: 1) Small ball, how it applies to tournament, cash, and online play 2) Heads- up play, and why I was doing it wrong (or could at least vastly improve it) 3) Positional play... nuff said. 4) "Poker logic" or how to deduce what players have, or could have as hands and I'm still not done...Like I said, if they haven't taught you anything, you're either that damn good, or, as I'm starting to see now, that closed minded. Be willing to learn, you'd be surprised what you'd find out!

PokerVT is not a dietary supplement. You can't just digest everything that quickly. There are many great ways to approach learning poker. You can't simply be watching videos all day. You need to be playing and getting those hands in; gaining experience. You need to put in a LOT of work if you want to become a winning poker player. Post hands, get second opinions on plays you make with friends. There's a lot of great content in VT to study and apply to your game, but it's your job to apply it.

Well, you paid already, you might as well check out the rest of the site and stop wasting our time! If your not learning anything then move along.
Err i guess saying "dietary supplement" was a silly comparison, but you know what I mean.
Not silly at all... Poker VT is a Suppliment... It should go along with the play, discussion, and reading components of your poker education. It IS a lot to digest, and that's why you should break it up into manageable chunks. I love what it's done for my game, and what it's going to do!
What have I learned: 1) Small ball, how it applies to tournament, cash, and online play 2) Heads- up play, and why I was doing it wrong (or could at least vastly improve it) 3) Positional play... nuff said. 4) "Poker logic" or how to deduce what players have, or could have as hands and I'm still not done...Like I said, if they haven't taught you anything, you're either that damn good, or, as I'm starting to see now, that closed minded. Be willing to learn, you'd be surprised what you'd find out!
He is this.