Attention All Tourney Donks

You are blowing my mind. How can you not want more fish filling the tournaments? If tourney entries are low everyone screams "the sky is falling", now they are breaking the guarantees so they get raised, and you are just shaking in anger. Would a $215 buyin with a 25k guarantee and a weekly field of 150 satisfy you? I just don't see your POV, ya dig?
Good questions. Let me try to give a coherent answer. It won't be easy..... I've had a few.If they made it a strict "enter buy in here" tournament.... not bad. But they always have satellites, super satellites, etc.The large tourneys are a crap shoot. Yes..... the fish are there. But there are so many of them that any real skill will be negated by the sheer numbers. And it is getting worse. You might as well play the slots.But PS wants more people playing slots. They don't care about poker skill or anything else. They just want folks paying rake and pulling an arm on a machine.
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good questions. Let me try to give a coherent answer. It won't be easy..... I've had a few.If they made it a strict "enter buy in here" tournament.... not bad. But they always have satellites, super satellites, etc.The large tourneys are a crap shoot. Yes..... the fish are there. But there are so many of them that any real skill will be negated by the sheer numbers. And it is getting worse. You might as well play the slots.But PS wants more people playing slots. They don't care about poker skill or anything else. They just want folks paying rake and pulling an arm on a machine.
this is pretty funny actually.oh wait.you were serious.wow.

The double guarantee week made me cream my pants. I don't understand how anyone can think this is anything but good.I can't remember a stars tournament that had the guarantee increased to an amount that it was hitting regularly. It makes the fields BIGGER and SOFTER.wtf guys?

The double guarantee week made me cream my pants. I don't understand how anyone can think this is anything but good.I can't remember a stars tournament that had the guarantee increased to an amount that it was hitting regularly. It makes the fields BIGGER and SOFTER.wtf guys?
Yea I don't get it either. Take it to the other extreme...what if they were to get rid of ALL the guarantees? Should they do that since they "hit the guarantee anyway"? No, traffic would go down. This is a way to increase traffic. All the other points, such as softer players, more money for stars, have already been made so I won't repeat them but please don't use the argument that this is somehow unnecessary since they already hit the guarantee. That logic makes no sense.
QFT. This is a win win for the players and for Pokerstars. The players get a bigger (softer) field, Pokerstars gets more rake. This is a GOOD thing
The large tourneys are a crap shoot. Yes..... the fish are there. But there are so many of them that any real skill will be negated by the sheer numbers. And it is getting worse. You might as well play the slots.
You're right. Just play the 50K HORSE. The small field and lack of donks makes that tournament the easiest thing to win ever.
Bob,I have always respected you. You are one hell of a moderator.....and more important...... one of the finest human beings it has ever been my pleasure to deal with. But please, as someone once said, maybe it was Clint Eastwood....... don't piss down my leg and tell me it's raining.The only thing that Poker Stars is going to guarantee is their profits. They will do nothing for the average poker player except lessen their chances of winning anything meaningful. More suckers, more rake....... hence more profit for PS.Wait..... it wasn't Clint who said it, but it was in the movie "The Outlaw Josey Wales."
Head in the oven too long?
You're right. Just play the 50K HORSE. The small field and lack of donks makes that tournament the easiest thing to win ever.
he's obv one of the people who doesn't like the main event being so bigomg 9 million to first and 90% of the field can't tie their shoesbtw bryan, if you could have stars stop manipulating the boards so that no ones ever drawing dead that'd be awesome.
he's obv one of the people who doesn't like the main event being so bigomg 9 million to first and 90% of the field can't tie their shoesbtw bryan, if you could have stars stop manipulating the boards so that no ones ever drawing dead that'd be awesome.
Definitely, and I would consider playing there again.
I agree with looshle, and it doesn't make any sense not to love the increased guarantees
Heya, everyone...As many of you have noticed already, there are in fact quite a lot of new guaranteed tournaments on the schedule, and also nearly every previously-existing guarantee on the site has been adjusted upward.Particular highlights:
  • Sunday Million prize pool is now guaranteed at $1,500,000.
  • Sunday Warm-Up prize pool is now guaranteed at $750,000.
  • Super Tuesday prize pool is now guaranteed at $300,000.
  • $530 NL Hold'em tourney (Sunday at 17:30) becomes a weekly tournament, with a $1,050 buy-in at the end of each month. The guarantee for this tournament remains at $250,000.
  • The 3,000-chip, 20-minute level tournament that has run for a long time on Saturdays at 13:00 ET now has a guaranteed prize pool of $50,000.
  • The Nightly Fifty Grand has become the Nightly Seventy Grand, and its European-timed cousin the Daily Fifty Grand has become the Daily Eighty Grand.
  • The big $11+R tourney at 22:00 ET has gone to a guaranteed prize pool of $80,000 (up from $55,000).
  • Nearly all of the Weekly $215s have had their guarantee increased.
  • Overall, we've gone from 199 tournaments a week with a total guaranteed prize pool of just over $7.5 million to 483 guaranteed tournaments per week with a total guarantee of over $13.1 million.
  • Of the 284 new guaranteed tournaments, 147 of them are in non-NLHE events. All told, non-NLHE guarantees are up from 34 per week to 181 per week.

We really hope everyone enjoys the new guarantees!All the best,Bryan S.Tournaments AdministratorPokerStars Poker Room Management Team

Heya, everyone...As many of you have noticed already, there are in fact quite a lot of new guaranteed tournaments on the schedule, and also nearly every previously-existing guarantee on the site has been adjusted upward.Particular highlights:
  • Sunday Million prize pool is now guaranteed at $1,500,000.
  • Sunday Warm-Up prize pool is now guaranteed at $750,000.
  • Super Tuesday prize pool is now guaranteed at $300,000.
  • $530 NL Hold'em tourney (Sunday at 17:30) becomes a weekly tournament, with a $1,050 buy-in at the end of each month. The guarantee for this tournament remains at $250,000.
  • The 3,000-chip, 20-minute level tournament that has run for a long time on Saturdays at 13:00 ET now has a guaranteed prize pool of $50,000.
  • The Nightly Fifty Grand has become the Nightly Seventy Grand, and its European-timed cousin the Daily Fifty Grand has become the Daily Eighty Grand.
  • The big $11+R tourney at 22:00 ET has gone to a guaranteed prize pool of $80,000 (up from $55,000).
  • Nearly all of the Weekly $215s have had their guarantee increased.
  • Overall, we've gone from 199 tournaments a week with a total guaranteed prize pool of just over $7.5 million to 483 guaranteed tournaments per week with a total guarantee of over $13.1 million.
  • Of the 284 new guaranteed tournaments, 147 of them are in non-NLHE events. All told, non-NLHE guarantees are up from 34 per week to 181 per week.

We really hope everyone enjoys the new guarantees!All the best,Bryan S.Tournaments AdministratorPokerStars Poker Room Management Team

sick workkkknow work on the payout schedule!

LOL, I love anyone that says stuff about Stars doing anything to increase the amount of rake they get. Oh my, a business doing something to increase revenue (gasp). And they get so caught up on Stars trying to make more money (gasp again) that they fail to realize Stars increasing its revenue streams by getting more people to play in general leads to more revenue for good players.

LOL, I love anyone that says stuff about Stars doing anything to increase the amount of rake they get. Oh my, a business doing something to increase revenue (gasp). And they get so caught up on Stars trying to make more money (gasp again) that they fail to realize Stars increasing its revenue streams by getting more people to play in general leads to more revenue for good players.
LOL!