My Card Collection

Sorry to inject so late. I had to go to a dinner tonight hosted by 2 people from the Dragon's Den (Kevin O'Leary and Arlene Dickerson). I know Arlene is old but she is hot in person. I got to shake both of their hands.Okay Ray (nice pull btw!!!!). Depending on the patch I do believe that the card could fetch at least $400 on Ebay. It would be a tough sell at the local monthly Toronto Cardshow I do every month (since people are really tight). The Expo it may sell for that amount but Ebay of course would be your best bet.If I was you, I would put it out on Ebay with a BIN of about $700-800 and best offer. See what happens and what kind of offers you get.Also 2 points:1. That Artifacts box was expensive. If I had any, my price would have been $90 at most.2. I believe Ray and Zach are freaks into hockey cards now.
Thanks for chiming in, I know it was overpriced, but it's the only place in town that sells cards and I was jonesing! I'll try that with ebay, I still have to sell some stuff before I can put that up, but I like it!Also very sick that you met 2/5 of the Dragen's Den. I just started watching that a few weeks ago, what an awesome show!
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We have day 1 complete at the Expo.   It was a very uneventful day since the turnout was low. I believe that the fight between 2 guys in the industry is going to get nasty and another show is going

Otto and I enjoy it. We spend the whole weekend together and have a blast. We don't make a lot of money from it. We only do it for the love of the hobby   Because of doing this we have met a lot

The show I think was a success. We had a regular win the signed derozan jersey. Thank god he won since 3 guys I have never seen came in at the last second. When the draw was over they left. Peopl

Is the Topps Mario Lemieux Rookie Card worth anything anymore? One of the only valuable cards I have as I was a sucker for collecting in 89-94 when I was a kid. Dad got me the Lemieux Rookie Card for xmas 1 year. Also I had a Lindros Card from the World Juniors I remember had some value back in the day.

BV on a Lemeiux Topps (OPC is worth more) is $150. Depending on condition your best price on Ebay would be about $50.If I could get BV on my cards, I would be rich (which I am not).

Zach you should get the card where the player signs his auto and also 09 Stanley Cup Champs (or something like that). I forgot who did it but it came out of the 08/09 The Cup.

Is the Topps Mario Lemieux Rookie Card worth anything anymore? One of the only valuable cards I have as I was a sucker for collecting in 89-94 when I was a kid. Dad got me the Lemieux Rookie Card for xmas 1 year. Also I had a Lindros Card from the World Juniors I remember had some value back in the day.
I'm pretty sure I had the same Lindros card back in the day. But I wasn't much of a collector for quick profit type, so when someone offered me $100 on the spot, I turned it down. I just figured I'd hold onto it until at least Lindros got into to the Hall of Fame. :club: Now its collecting dust in my basement with my Moe Mantha rookie cards. Who knows what its worth now. $5? a quarter?Oh, and I'm pretty sure I have a one-time valuable Sergei Fedorov rookie card. Interested Steve? Trade you for some leftover turkey.

So I used to collect hockey cards, and still have a bunch lying around but one of my favorite things I did was specifically have a giant John Vanbiesbrouck collection. Probably no real value, but huge sentimental value, I've got sheets and sheets of different ones.

• 2 weeks later...

At my local grocery store today, they had a huge box of card packs for 99 cents each. About 2/3 of the box was 91/92 Score. That's right, the Lindros year. I have no idea how unopened packs of this set even exist, or why people don't just use them to heat their houses or something. So awesome.The rest of the box seemed to be one of the earlier Victory sets, some cereal box crap, and 08-09 OPC. Is the last one worthwhile? Seems very doubtful.

At my local grocery store today, they had a huge box of card packs for 99 cents each. About 2/3 of the box was 91/92 Score. That's right, the Lindros year. I have no idea how unopened packs of this set even exist, or why people don't just use them to heat their houses or something. So awesome.The rest of the box seemed to be one of the earlier Victory sets, some cereal box crap, and 08-09 OPC. Is the last one worthwhile? Seems very doubtful.
Hmmm, after looking into it, seems like $0.99 seems like decent for the OPC. Maybe I had the year wrong.

you run too good at life ray pls get a pimple on your nose before your next picture pls ...lol can you post a pic of the boxes your buying i seen some at a local store and just wanted to see if there carrying the ones your buying

Basically just look at the pack and if it says retail anywhere on it, you're FAR less likely to pull sweet cards. If it says hobby you're laughing (some don't say anything because there aren't retail for them). Chances are you're not getting good hobby packs for 99 cents.

Trying to make a deal with someone right now for a Tavares Young Guns HG /10 (1 sold on Ebay for $1,000):http://cgi.ebay.com/JOHN-TAVARES-HG-HIGH-G...=item2ea9a6c1a4and another asking $1,200 or best offer:http://cgi.ebay.com/09-10-Upper-Deck-John-...=item19b87d3870Hopefully I can pull this off.
Wow a $1000 for a brand new card...Is this for real??