My Card Collection

So you're saying that there are very cards that will go "unfound" in packs or end up in really bad condition? Makes sense to me, since most high-end packs are bought by serious people these days and not stuck in some kid's bike spokes lol

Definitely not. It is for serious collectors. Kids don't buy $500+ packs

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We have day 1 complete at the Expo.   It was a very uneventful day since the turnout was low. I believe that the fight between 2 guys in the industry is going to get nasty and another show is going

Otto and I enjoy it. We spend the whole weekend together and have a blast. We don't make a lot of money from it. We only do it for the love of the hobby   Because of doing this we have met a lot

The show I think was a success. We had a regular win the signed derozan jersey. Thank god he won since 3 guys I have never seen came in at the last second. When the draw was over they left. Peopl

Wayne - how much of that is that Anderson is now a Leaf, or just that he was traded and got a good contract to be a starting goalie? Guess they're probably both factors.

All Leafs factor.

Wayne - how much of that is that Anderson is now a Leaf, or just that he was traded and got a good contract to be a starting goalie? Guess they're probably both factors.

Leaf factor. Same thing happen with Bernier. Card price shot up and eventually came down because he sucks.

Just imagine what Matthews will be going for when his card comes out. I am guessing $250 and eventually coming down to around $175

• 1 month later...

The most expensive hockey card as per Darren Rovell ever sold:

BTW, I have one but it is only a PSA 4. Value maybe $500

I actually had 3 of them as a kid but the condition was not the greatest.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Another sportscard expo and my body is aching. 3 days standing on a concrete floor is extremely hard

In regards to sales I would have to say it was a success however I don't judge it by that. Otto was only able to attend 1.5 days because of school. I usually have 3 days of Otto at the expo. I did however have my girls on the Friday. My little one was the cashier and a very good one.

I spent quite a bit on product for the next expo but I always do that. Funny thing is I purchased a lot of cards for $400 and showed another dealer. He quite like it and offer me $450 for it. So I made $50 in literally 5 mins. The other dealer will for sure make quite a bit more but it will take time

Thinking about it the expo was the not the same with Otto not there. That explains the empty void that I felt

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

The Cadillac of rookie cards has come out and here is the first McDavid sold:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/15-16-UD-THE-CUP-CONNOR-MCDAVID-ROOKIE-LOGO-PATCH-AUTO-RC-OILERS-SP-51-99-WOW-/282276428992?rmvSB=true&nma=true&si=qvJ7U92iXF0YNll%252FkDrXN7qTSDU%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Just a fyi, a tin of The Cup I can buy for $700 (and that is cheap). Usually sells for $850 a tin.

I don't know which of those posts is crazier.

I showed your Gretzky to a very highly respected card collector at the Expo. He was absolutely stunned the grade it got.

I showed your Gretzky to a very highly respected card collector at the Expo. He was absolutely stunned the grade it got.

What grade did he think it was?

• 1 month later...

Matthews is getting alot of attention. His stuff is going up but this is crazy:

http://www.bardown.com/auston-matthews-game-worn-centennial-classic-jersey-just-sold-for-a-crazy-amount-1.651128

I personally don't think his stuff should be going for more than McDavid but it appears to be very close to it.