My Card Collection

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We have day 1 complete at the Expo.   It was a very uneventful day since the turnout was low. I believe that the fight between 2 guys in the industry is going to get nasty and another show is going

Otto and I enjoy it. We spend the whole weekend together and have a blast. We don't make a lot of money from it. We only do it for the love of the hobby   Because of doing this we have met a lot

The show I think was a success. We had a regular win the signed derozan jersey. Thank god he won since 3 guys I have never seen came in at the last second. When the draw was over they left. Peopl

Tell him to go home and take care of his AHL team. We need him to wrap things up

Unfortunately I was tied up getting food for the dealers and I forgot something at home. So only saw him for a couple of mins.

We actually had a decent crowd come to the show today. Dealers were happy and makes us (Otto and myself) look good for once.

I made a big purchase today and brought a case of 2015/16 Series 2 Upper Deck for $1,250. I am going to wait a month to decide what I am going to do with it.

Hey wayne, I have two crosby game used signed sticks. I'm willing to part with one of them. One just sold on NHL.COM for 2500 USD. If you can find a buyer for one of them, I will pay you a commission.

Hey wayne, I have two crosby game used signed sticks. I'm willing to part with one of them. One just sold on NHL.COM for 2500 USD. If you can find a buyer for one of them, I will pay you a commission.

Do you want me to display it at the Expo next month.

Here is a recent one:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Sidney-Crosby-Authentic-Game-Used-Autographed-Reebok-Ribcore-left-handed-stick-/141905162214?hash=item210a34efe6:g:4oYAAOSwuAVWwuDi

No COA

Does Sid give you a certificate of authenticity for these things? How does that work? I imagine you'd need some sort of proof, eh?

i can get coa's for them. I have a malkin too. Didn't realize his sold for that. Won't sell it though.

I have been hearing a ton of rumours coming out on the semi annual Sportscard Expo. It seems like it is true. New owners have taken over and brought it for $425k. Because of this AJs Sportsworld will have it's last Expo and someone else (Frozen Pond?) maybe taking over for the autograph pavilion. That is good since the guys at AJs were the absolute worst and they are the reasons for us not buying autographs at the Expo. The sad part is that it was sold for $425k. If I knew that I would have gotten a couple of other guys together and I would have brought it.

• 2 weeks later...

The big Sportscard Expo is nearly upon us. Heard through the grapevine that the show was indeed sold. Figure was $720k or around that figure. I am pretty upset about this since if I knew it was for sale, I would have put in a bid with financial supporters

Anyways we always purchase this from the last 2 Expos:

https://ssl.frameworth.com/category/MysteryBox/The-Frameworth-Mystery-Box

As you see one of them is the Crosby box with stick, photo and puck (value at $6,000).

Cost is $300.

First time we brought one we got a Malkin signed jersey and the 2nd time we got a Duchene Canada signed jersey. Plus some photos and pucks but those were the major 2 wins. Well I guess it was a win but the Duchene jersey sucks

Wow never heard he was signing

Wife just went, everyone gets 1 selfie and 1 pic autographed. She asked him to do a quick video wishing her friend (Huge Raptors fan) a Happy 40th Birthday and he obliged.

Funny thing is wife has no clue who he is.

This coming weekend the big Sportscard Expo. Otto is looking forward to it and we hope to hit something big this year in our endeavours. In the frameworth $300 mystery box I would like either a signed Crosby McDavid or Gretzky jersey. Depending on how the show is we might do 2 boxes

Another Expo has come and gone. No major hits this time. I seriously think my old age has hit. Was extremely beaten up on Friday.

We did so the $300 Frameworth boxes. Only got a Morgan Reilly jersey, Eddie Shack 8x10, Taylor Hall 8x10 and Dougie Hamilton puck. All signed of course. Heard from others that lots of nurse and yakupov jerseys pulled Not sure if I want to do this anymore since seriously

Those jerseys suck

As a vendor it might have been the best we have done dollar wise. Sold lots and lots of junk. The big issue was the timing of the event. Tax season so I did not go to bed until 3 am on Friday and Saturday. Than wake up at 8 am the next day.

Attendance at this expo has to be the lowest I have ever seen. It did not help when they closed the parking lot because it was full on Sunday.

Another Expo has come and gone. No major hits this time. I seriously think my old age has hit. Was extremely beaten up on Friday.

We did so the $300 Frameworth boxes. Only got a Morgan Reilly jersey, Eddie Shack 8x10, Taylor Hall 8x10 and Dougie Hamilton puck. All signed of course. Heard from others that lots of nurse and yakupov jerseys pulled Not sure if I want to do this anymore since seriously

Those jerseys suck

As a vendor it might have been the best we have done dollar wise. Sold lots and lots of junk. The big issue was the timing of the event. Tax season so I did not go to bed until 3 am on Friday and Saturday. Than wake up at 8 am the next day.

Attendance at this expo has to be the lowest I have ever seen. It did not help when they closed the parking lot because it was full on Sunday.

I'm guessing you don't sleep very much most days. With your accounting practice, your card business and all the family time you spend 24 hours in the day probably doesn't seem like enough a lot of the time.

The card business is just hobby stuff Otto and I do together. The only time I spend on it is pretty much at the shows itself since I don't put stuff together like other dealers do. I got to the show at 10 am and spent 3 hours setting up. I than stand there on the very hard concrete while my aging body is screaming for help.

Yes I don't sleep much. Spoke to the wife about going to Vegas by myself to play poker all day after tax season. She said go but I don't think I can with my daughter's activities. They have 3 things going on with ice skating, soccer and softball.

Probably drag Otto with me to Port Perry instead for an evening.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Wayne, can I ask a stupid question? So that card sells for about $3k and is numbered out of 99. Is it reasonable to assume there are at least 90 other of the same card out there? I know #1 and #97 are probably worth a bit extra, but in general, would they all be worth about the same?

Guess what I'm getting at is wondering what proportion of high-end cards end up being in poor condition or are never found in packs or anything else. I know it's impossible to say for real how many are out there, just curious how hard to find these extra rare cards are even if you are willing to pay market price.

Wayne, can I ask a stupid question? So that card sells for about $3k and is numbered out of 99. Is it reasonable to assume there are at least 90 other of the same card out there? I know #1 and #97 are probably worth a bit extra, but in general, would they all be worth about the same?

Guess what I'm getting at is wondering what proportion of high-end cards end up being in poor condition or are never found in packs or anything else. I know it's impossible to say for real how many are out there, just curious how hard to find these extra rare cards are even if you are willing to pay market price.

Not a stupid question. Yes there are at least 97 more out there that would sell for that price. However as you said earlier, #97 would sell for quite a bit more since it is his jersey number.

So you're saying that there are very cards that will go "unfound" in packs or end up in really bad condition? Makes sense to me, since most high-end packs are bought by serious people these days and not stuck in some kid's bike spokes lol