My Card Collection

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We have day 1 complete at the Expo.   It was a very uneventful day since the turnout was low. I believe that the fight between 2 guys in the industry is going to get nasty and another show is going

Otto and I enjoy it. We spend the whole weekend together and have a blast. We don't make a lot of money from it. We only do it for the love of the hobby   Because of doing this we have met a lot

The show I think was a success. We had a regular win the signed derozan jersey. Thank god he won since 3 guys I have never seen came in at the last second. When the draw was over they left. Peopl

• 1 month later...

If any of you yahoos are bored this morning or not going for Dim Sum at Perfect. The Cardshow is today at the Radisson Hotel at Vic park and 401

Do they still play Mah Jong tiles in the other room. 4 am on a Saturday it use to be nuts in there.

Wayne, you putting a Tim Hortons set together?

No I generally don't do sets.

Do they still play Mah Jong tiles in the other room. 4 am on a Saturday it use to be nuts in there.

Not that I know of. Isn't that illegal gambling?

Wayne I saw some Tim Hortons cards. They're $1 a pack, if I buy 5 packs for $5, how much do you think I can flip them for at the card show?

I guarantee that you will become broke trying to do that. If you get lucky and find the signed Crosby card you can get $100-$150 for it

Wayne, you getting anyone trying to sell or trade you any of the Tim Hortons cards? I doubt any of the cards other than the autos are going for big money. Are they in Beckett yet?

I pulled a Lemieux Franchise Force...12 cards in the insert set...1:24 packs.

I think I'm gonna try putting a set together...regular set with inserts...other than autos.

Nice pull on this Lemieux

There will be dealers selling Tim cards. However I don't think they will be a card that will hold their value. Imo the autos are only worth anything. Also I don't like sets because once you put them together the value you will never get back

• 4 weeks later...

We are at another Sportscard Expo this weekend.

The hot cards are anything McDavid and Tim Horton cards.

Couple of things coming out today.

A Tim Horton's set was sold by a dealer for $300 (no autos). He was asking $350 but got bullied down to $300. After that someone comes by and asks us if we want to buy a set. We ask how much and he says $350. We counter offer $200 and he walks away.

Another dealer I know broke a case of Upper Deck Series 1 that he purchased for $1,100. He got a couple of McDavids Young Guns and a monster. He got a McDavid Young Guns High Gloss 1/10 (so only 10 made). He got an offer right away of $2,500 for it before the show open. He turned it down and around 1:30 pm I hear he sold it for $5,000. Saw him latter and said wow nice one. Told me his wife already spent some of it by wanting a $600 purse.

One other thing is a dealer spent $2,000 on a 1,000 Tim Horton packs. Not one auto but he has sold $2,000 in Tim Horton cards.

I can guarantee you this, on the next Expo in April 2016, people are going to be saying what a Tim Horton cards. It will definitely be a fad.

We are at another Sportscard Expo this weekend.

The hot cards are anything McDavid and Tim Horton cards.

Couple of things coming out today.

A Tim Horton's set was sold by a dealer for $300 (no autos). He was asking $350 but got bullied down to $300. After that someone comes by and asks us if we want to buy a set. We ask how much and he says $350. We counter offer $200 and he walks away.

Another dealer I know broke a case of Upper Deck Series 1 that he purchased for $1,100. He got a couple of McDavids Young Guns and a monster. He got a McDavid Young Guns High Gloss 1/10 (so only 10 made). He got an offer right away of $2,500 for it before the show open. He turned it down and around 1:30 pm I hear he sold it for $5,000. Saw him latter and said wow nice one. Told me his wife already spent some of it by wanting a $600 purse.

One other thing is a dealer spent $2,000 on a 1,000 Tim Horton packs. Not one auto but he has sold $2,000 in Tim Horton cards.

I can guarantee you this, on the next Expo in April 2016, people are going to be saying what a Tim Horton cards. It will definitely be a fad.

you mean like anything Jeremy Lin!

What I hit was this but a 2015 NHL draft picks (McDavid, Eichel, Strome, Marner, Hanafin, etc):

http://www.ebay.ca/i...&_qi=RTM2067267

I would estimate value at $1,500. I know signed helmets in the past sold for around $500-750. With McDavid it has to be double.

This isn't even card collecting anymore, its like playing a scratch ticket!

This isn't even card collecting anymore, its like playing a scratch ticket!

Actually kind of. You purchase a box of cards and open them in front of Upper Deck. They give you a promo pack which may contain something or nothing. I was lucky enough to get something.

This promo only happens at major cardshows and makes it worthwhile to crack a box of cards. Otherwise it is not worth the gamble.

• 2 weeks later...

What I hit was this but a 2015 NHL draft picks (McDavid, Eichel, Strome, Marner, Hanafin, etc):

http://www.ebay.ca/i...&_qi=RTM2067267

I would estimate value at $1,500. I know signed helmets in the past sold for around $500-750. With McDavid it has to be double.

My item sold today. Full paid and now I have to ship it out. Got $1,100 US for it or the conversion $1,450 CDN. So not that far off the value.