My Card Collection

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We have day 1 complete at the Expo.   It was a very uneventful day since the turnout was low. I believe that the fight between 2 guys in the industry is going to get nasty and another show is going

Otto and I enjoy it. We spend the whole weekend together and have a blast. We don't make a lot of money from it. We only do it for the love of the hobby   Because of doing this we have met a lot

The show I think was a success. We had a regular win the signed derozan jersey. Thank god he won since 3 guys I have never seen came in at the last second. When the draw was over they left. Peopl

• 1 month later...

Busy day today setting up and hoping for a good weekend (even though we have cold/rain forecast). We have another Sportscard Expo upon us.

Otto and I was busy setting up the booth and getting it ready. Much easier doing it now since the young man is a beast and he can help his old man.

• Like 1

Busy day today setting up and hoping for a good weekend (even though we have cold/rain forecast). We have another Sportscard Expo upon us.

Otto and I was busy setting up the booth and getting it ready. Much easier doing it now since the young man is a beast and he can help his old man.

break a leg Wayne.

How big a deal is this show for you guys every year ?

break a leg Wayne.

How big a deal is this show for you guys every year ?

Otto and I enjoy it. We spend the whole weekend together and have a blast. We don't make a lot of money from it. We only do it for the love of the hobby

Because of doing this we have met a lot of people who we consider good friends.

• Like 4

Thanks guys.

Day 1 in the books. My feet are killing me since standing on concrete all day is breaking my body.

My youngest daughter came because she wanted to play cashier for real. We are also trying to sell chocolate almonds for my other daughter's piano competition. Sold just over half of our allotment. The crazy thing is people would say they will buy the chocolate almonds and than say I will like to give it to my daughter.

It was a successful day 1. We sold a decent amount of cards and got some good purchases. Loading up on Matthews since he may spike just like McDavid.

The only negative is Otto's car battery died. He had to take the subway home because I left early. Luckily his buddies were still there with him so they can drive him.

Our 2nd day did not start out good. Had to get CAA to replace Otto's battery to the tune of $225. Like come on, I could have done it for $100 but for convenience I got them to do it. So we could not do our usual which is have breakfast at Zets on the Saturday. Call me crazy but Otto and I have been doing it for 8 years.

The day in regards to sales was not good. Probably the worst in our history of Expos. Really not sure why. However I did spend $850 on 2 Laine rookies, 2 Matthews rookies, 1 Nylander, 1 Eichel (which I sold for $50), 1 Marner and another Matthews rookie. I sent them in for a quick grading and they are super busy. Told me they would be ready by Sunday.

For Sunday Otto and I had to drive up separately since I had to leave early to pickup the wife from work. The day started out slow as expected since it really is the slowest of all 3 days at the Expo. We could not spend $300 on a mystery box since they actually sold out. So I instead brought Otto a Marner blue Leafs jersey (I know he really wanted one). I got Otto to pickup our cards to see what the grades were. I slowly open up the box and saw all gold (that is good). I pulled them out and the 2 Laine were 9.5/10 (sold them both for $250), 2 Matthews were 9.5/10 (had an offer of $500 for both but turned it down, I want $600), Marner was a 10/10 and the other Matthews was also a 10/10. Now I had to make a decision, do I spend more money and get them hard slabbed. Of course I had to. I sent them in and will find out in 2 months. If they come don't come bakc a black 10 (Marner would sell for about $200 and Matthews about $500). If they come back a black 10 (Marner would be $500 and Matthews $2,000). I know crazy eh. Told Otto this is great and definitely made our day. All of a sudden made some crazy sales and when the dust settled I would say it might be the most successfully Expo ever for us.

For this Expo I would say the most requested players were:

1. McDavid

2. Matthews

3. Crosby

4. any other Leafs such as Marner, Nylander, Brown, Zaitsev, Gardiner and Rielly

5. Mantha

6. Kessel

Yes Kessel, people actually wanted his cards.

Crowd was a little thin and the weather definitely played into it. Don't think anyone wanted to stand inline in the rain.

We are already looking forward to the next Expo in November.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

BGS Black 10 means a pristine perfect card. Here are 2 auctions for a McDavid and a Matthews:

http://www.ebay.com/...FhBn&rmvSB=true

http://www.ebay.com/...FhGV&rmvSB=true

As I type right now not ended yet.

I have a Matthews and Marner Canvas rookie that I sent in for grading and came back a 10. I sent them in for slabbing and if they come back a black 10 I will freak.

http://www.ebay.com/...YQAAOSwYvFZFhGm

http://www.ebay.com/...=p2047675.l2557

Just a fyi, a raw ungraded McDavid goes for about $350 and Matthews about $200

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...