$75 Mtt On Ftp - How Often My Hand Is Good Here?

29 left 27 cashes, I was about 22 or 23 out of 29. Table has been tight, as I've been raising at least once per round and I haven't faced any resistance at all.Full Tilt Poker, NL Hold'em Tournament, 500/1,000 Blinds, 125 Ante, 7 PlayersMP: 37,953CO: 17,259BTN: 17,891SB: 29,294BB: 8,575UTG: 32,743Hero (UTG+1): 14,565Pre-Flop: (2,375) Q:heart: Q:diamond: dealt to Hero (UTG+1)UTG folds, Hero raises to 2,500, MP calls 2,500, 4 foldsFlop: (7,375) 4:heart: T:spade: 6:spade: (2 Players)Hero bets 4,300, MP raises to 20,275, Hero ???I have 7,640 behind

Spaids or a set I would say. MP had a lot of chips and was probably trying to push you off the hand since you were reaching the bubble. Players tighten up at thiat point because they do not want to finish outside of the money and good players really open up their play at this time to steal some easy chips. I would probably say that your QQ were probably good at the time.

snap call here AINEC.BBFIDTS?
well from the surface, yes, but what would villan's range be? and how big of a favorite we're against villan's range considering preflop flat call?

Does it really matter that much? We have around half our stack in their already and if we fold then we're going to have an M under 5 and will be playing preflop shove poker. Once we get to just shoving preflop we aren't going to be getting an edge better than what we have now, and we will probably end up much worse.

And for the record, I think his range is wider than spades or a set. A ten or a mid PP does this some times trying to squeeze off a c-bet. So would JJ, or something like spades (if he's wild enough to call behind with that).

Fist pumping snap call Hellmuth styleThe guy's range is pretty big. I put him on a T with a solid kicker or an AK bluff
I don't think you can actually put him on a hand. We don't have enough info. But spades, AT, 88-JJ (actually any pair could make this play), set, air, are all in his range. I think it is an absolute call. A bigger pair should have raised us preflop unless he was slowplaying. Also possible. AK also raises a lot pre. We stand up very well against his range and that overpair is just to strong to fold and become incredibly short to hope for a better spot.I snap call as well.
I don't think you can actually put him on a hand. We don't have enough info. But spades, AT, 88-JJ (actually any pair could make this play), set, air, are all in his range. I think it is an absolute call. A bigger pair should have raised us preflop unless he was slowplaying. Also possible. AK also raises a lot pre. We stand up very well against his range and that overpair is just to strong to fold and become incredibly short to hope for a better spot.I snap call as well.
Much better expressed than I...QQ crushes 80-90% of villains range.
I agree. About the only hand I worry about is KK since the table has been playing very tight this caller might have wanted to see the flop was without an ace before commiting to his KK in the pocket. AA I would expect to re-r always. If he has a set - sa la vie/poker!
I agree. About the only hand I worry about is KK since the table has been playing very tight this caller might have wanted to see the flop was without an ace before commiting to his KK in the pocket. AA I would expect to re-r always. If he has a set - sa la vie/poker!
Completely agree with this. The Toilet talks about flatting with KK pre in a strat post on the PokerHaus. It's an excellent post actually. Just don't have time to look for it now. I flatted with KK last night for that exact reason and it worked perfectly. No ace came and I stacked him with an underpair. A reraise pre and I might not have got full value from the hand. Later, in a different situation I reraised with KK. Yeah, I ran good. (until JJ<99 aipf to knock me out in 28th of the nightly 100k, but I'm not bitter).
lol stack sizes are perfect to flat AA pre
Completely agree with this. The Toilet talks about flatting with KK pre in a strat post on the PokerHaus. It's an excellent post actually. Just don't have time to look for it now. I flatted with KK last night for that exact reason and it worked perfectly. No ace came and I stacked him with an underpair. A reraise pre and I might not have got full value from the hand. Later, in a different situation I reraised with KK. Yeah, I ran good. (until JJ<99 aipf to knock me out in 28th of the nightly 100k, but I'm not bitter).
here:http://www.thepokerhaus.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=7083i can't agree with him here to flat KK pre to avoid trouble. to me that's passing up +EV and being a nit. the problem with this is, there are so many things that take your postflop kk value away, like an A on the flop hits and you get bluffed away from worse hands or don't get any action from good hands like JJ / QQ where in 90% of the cases you would have stacked them pf. against AQ like hands you also have to rely on him hitting the lower one of his cards to stack him, which basically i think sucks, because unless you have pretty big stacks him hitting his Q and getting stacked wont outweigh the fact that you'd taken the pot away pf in 90% of the cases. there are many other things to consider that don't come up to my mind now, but you can think about it for yourself.to me it's a good play against really agressive players when both of you have like 30+ bb stacks (which is often true for 1 player but not for both) who try to put a lot of pressure on you postflop, but i think playing it pf is better for the most part.

i got flatted by KK and then shipped upon. flat might've been a good idea since i can probably nit fold QQ there preflop.as for fist pump call, i tanked and timebanked and then cried and called. imo, at this stage, getting flatted is almost scarier than getting rr. to reliterate, i've opened a few pots and never had anyone rr or call me, so the table was playing really tight, so i gave villan credit for either 77-TT or slowplaying AA/KK. it's probably a fold if i have more chips, but as i had only 7300 behind, i don't think i can fold QQ on that flop after putting half my chips in and with blinds coming up.