How long did it take you to become proficient at 4-tabling? I tried playing two tables at once the other day (granted, it was no limit which makes a difference) and got absolutely blasted on both because I couldn't focus. Playing 4 tables at once just blows my mind, anyone who does it regularly have any tips?

Play VERY VERY few hands. Don't even bother playing marginal hands out of position. The entire point of multi-tabling is to see so many hands that you squeeze a day's worth of powerhouse hands (and thier profits) into a couple hours of play. At least in my opinion.

I've 5-tabled NLHE before...though it gets pretty tricky. I usually try to stick with 3 tables of NLHE max.I find that playing limit actually helps your ability to multi-table quite a bit. Thus, I regularly 3 or 4-table now. One game is LHE. One game is LO8 or PLO8. One game is a NLHE MTT. The final game is NLHE. The fact that they're distinct games helps me to keep them pretty straight in my head...though you'd figure that much mixing might make things complex.

I've 5-tabled NLHE before...though it gets pretty tricky. I usually try to stick with 3 tables of NLHE max.I find that playing limit actually helps your ability to multi-table quite a bit. Thus, I regularly 3 or 4-table now. One game is LHE. One game is LO8 or PLO8. One game is a NLHE MTT. The final game is NLHE. The fact that they're distinct games helps me to keep them pretty straight in my head...though you'd figure that much mixing might make things complex.
Sounds like a logistical nightmare but if it works for you, good luck !

As long as your resolution is set right, you can fit four tables comfortably on the screen. Adding a fifth in the middle isn't too terrible.

How big of a screen do you need to fit them? And at what resolution? I have a 19 inch box-style monitor, not flat panel, but it can handle 1280. I'm going to try 4 tabling the .01/.02 tables at Stars to see if I can even do it, those windows blinking back and forth made me completely crazy, but if I can fit them all on one screen it wouldn't be so bad.

How big of a screen do you need to fit them? And at what resolution? I have a 19 inch box-style monitor, not flat panel, but it can handle 1280.  I'm going to try 4 tabling the .01/.02 tables at Stars to see if I can even do it, those windows blinking back and forth made me completely crazy, but if I can fit them all on one screen it wouldn't be so bad.
I've got a 19" at 1600x1200 and 4 fit perfectly on Stars. I don't like overlapping windows, it causes me to misclick more often.

It's not so much the misclicking, but the fluster factor. You're making a decision on one table and two other tables pop up over the first one, it just made me crazy. I'll try upping my resolution at .01/.02 and see if that works out, if not, I'll just stick to single tables...Thanks for the advice

I play three tables. Gives me a good amount of hands and I feel like I can handle it well. I've tried for in the past and felt my play slipping. Too many mistakes. I'm sure there are others who can handle four just fine, but I'm happy with three (limit of course).