You looking in San Diego only or willing to drive to LA area?In San Diego we have one main disc golf course and that is Morley Field. This is where I usually play. The only problem is that if you go here it is always crowded ...except in the morning, which is why I usually go before work. It is however the best course in San Diego. The website is morleyfield.com There is also Sun Valley Golf / Disc Golf course. This is a 9 hole pitch and putt that they also putt up some chains on. It is fun, but there are a lot of open shots and it isn't very challenging. You play it twice for $5.I have heard conflicting reports about Emerald Isle golf / Disc Golf course. I have heard they closed the disc portion, but then I was talking to someone this weekend and they said it was still open. This is an 18 hole executive golf course that has baskets up and around the course. It is actually a fun course but mainly because you can get a cart and there is a beer cart that goes around.I have not played this one, but there is a nine hole disc course in San Marcos at Montiel Park. No reviews on this one.That is it for San Diego. LA has a few courses as well. My favorites are La Mirada, Huntington Park, and El Dorado.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if you do get a chance to play and you can only play once then I would just go to Morley Field. Got up early this morning and shot a +1 ... that is my best score since I started playing again. I actually had it to -4 with four holes to go, but then I went +5 on the closing holes :club: ... oh well. There is always next time.

• 2 weeks later...

Went out and played a short course today (only one around here open)Shot 45 holes...played the last 27 at -2I usually skipstep on my delivery (hop twice on left foot before planting on right) but I am trying to learn to do a right left right approach now...it is hard to change.

Never saw this thread before. I used to be big into playing disc golf before I hurt my hands and turned to poker. I still go and chill with my friends when they play at the local courses. I was really good as a junior crushing. I taught my 2 buddies everything I know about discing. One reallt good friend got 46th in the 2009 PDGA Amateur Disc Golf World Championships. I go out a ton and still own 2 baskets. Lots of discing stories.http://www.pdga.com/player-stats?PDGANum=33853&year=2009http://www.pdga.com/tournament-results?TournID=8105#Advancedhttp://www.pdga.com/To find courses where everhttp://www.pdga.com/course_directory

Went out and played a short course today (only one around here open)Shot 45 holes...played the last 27 at -2I usually skipstep on my delivery (hop twice on left foot before planting on right) but I am trying to learn to do a right left right approach now...it is hard to change.
I was just trying to figure out what kind of delivery I use. I go right left right and then I skip my left foot towrads my right and then plant on the right foot and throw. If I am going for more accuracy I just do a right left right approach.
Never saw this thread before. I used to be big into playing disc golf before I hurt my hands and turned to poker. I still go and chill with my friends when they play at the local courses. I was really good as a junior crushing. I taught my 2 buddies everything I know about discing. One reallt good friend got 46th in the 2009 PDGA Amateur Disc Golf World Championships. I go out a ton and still own 2 baskets. Lots of discing stories.
Let's hear one when you get some time.

I bought a new 20-disc bag to replace my 10-disc bag and bought a Star Boss, Champion Groove, and a FLX Challenger Putter and I am going to spend all day tomorrow throwing...very excited!

• 4 weeks later...
So I played on Monday. NOT a good day by any means. I think I ended up +10!!!! I had a triple bogey on one hole that was just a disaster and played a few others just terrible. I also lost my brand new Champion Wraith in a tree. I am hoping that it gets windy soon and it will drop out and someone will turn it into the Pro Shop ... but that was super lame. Missed three putts inside 15 feet ... one of those was for birdie. I was really hoping to have an under par round by now. Oh well, I can only hope that I play better next round.
It has been super windy the last two days and guess what ... I just got a call from the Pro Shop saying someone found my Wraith! I am super stoked!
It has been super windy the last two days and guess what ... I just got a call from the Pro Shop saying someone found my Wraith! I am super stoked!
Nice luck not only having it fall, but having someone find it that is willing to return it.
Nice luck not only having it fall, but having someone find it that is willing to return it.
At this course they give you $1 for every disc you turn in and it costs you $1 to get it back. It's not much but any kind of reward helps people to do the right thing I guess.Played on Saturday and shot a +2. Birdied the first hole and then had three bogeys the rest of the round.

Nice! How'd you shoot w/ the new discs?

I bought a new 20-disc bag to replace my 10-disc bag and bought a Star Boss, Champion Groove, and a FLX Challenger Putter and I am going to spend all day tomorrow throwing...very excited!
  • 2 weeks later...

I still haven't been able to throw on any course with distance. My shoulder is all ****ed up and hurts too much, although I plan on fighting through it once since the first long course just opened up this week.Then off to Vegas where I hope to play a few times.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been driving to Vegas for the past few days. Yesterday we (myself, Highwaystar and his friend) stopped in Jackson Hole, WY and I discovered they had a 10-hole Disc Golf course...WOWIt was extremely hard. I shot +6 using their pars..+13 playing them all as par 3's.I will grab a few pictures when I load pictures online (I took pics of every hole)The first 7 holes worked our way UP the mountain, the last 3 worked our way down. SO hard to walk and so much fun!Here is a pic of their scorecard...LCVjw_OjBtOjBmrqfUk-.png

• 2 weeks later...

Went up to LA and played a few courses up there.HUntington Beach - Shot 6 over wasn't real impressed by the courseEl Dorado - Shot 5 over. Super fun course, although it has some short holes they are technical shotsLa Mirada 1st 18 - Shot 5 over. Probably the best course we played it's a very fun courseLa Mirada 2nd 18 13 - Shot 3 over. Apparently there was some kind of breuhah over some baskets that were owned by the guy who used to have the lease here. The city took it over and they are waiting on funding so there are only 13 holes instead of 18 on the 2nd course. So grand total ... shot +19 over 67 holes of play. Had a great time. Threw a ton of good shots, a few superb shots, and a few total and utter lame ass shots.Good times!!

Played in my first tournament this weekend. It was a monthly tournament that they have and I have always thought about trying it out but never did ... until this weekend. I have been playing this course for years and thought that if I could just shoot around +6 I would cash in the tournament. i played the intermediate level and they paid out the top 7 and there were 20 entrants. Well since it was the tournament they had the course set up at almost max difficulty. There were quite a few hole locations that I hadn't seen since I started playing again. Having said that I thought I played okay. I started with 5 pars and then got into some trouble on this long beast of a hole through trees and the hole is set in a circle of trees with two openings. The best shot is generally a roller or if you can throw a HUGE anhyzer then that works as well. As I don't have my arm back for the latter shot I use the roller technique. Well, that didn't work well as it hit the one bush in the fairway that can kill you. So ended up taking double bogey on that one.Then I just made a few mental mistakes and missed a few putts and ended the first round +9 putting me at 16 out of 20. The next round I was really feeling like I could make a charge as I now had a general knowledge of how to work some of the shots better and I felt I had a real good chance to shoot +3 and maybe slip into the money. THe best score of intermediate was -1 and the worst was +14. Well I didn't quite do it and ended up shooting another +9 but I did move up a few places to get 13 out of 20. After this experience I can't wait for the next one. I think that I made quite a few mental mistakes through the day as well as putting poorly on a few instances, but I got into the mindset of trying to make birdies on everything for the last 18 and I guess I really needed to do that but it hurt my score. I could have easily shot a +3, but in most instances where there was an easy par I was going for the birdie and then leaving a bad shot at par.All in all it was a good experience and hopefully next time I will be writing about how I placed or even won the monthly!!

Played with Fargo a few times in Vegas. I am going to be super addicted to this game. I didn't even know we had courses here in Winnipeg but I found 2 about 10 minutes from my house. I'm totally excited even though I suck pretty bad.

• 3 weeks later...