The Open Championship

So, I pretty much watched all 8 hours of coverage today (well, it was on at least in the background).LOL @ Phil McFatty shooting a 79.Pretty cool to see Greg Norman shoot a good round, as well as Rocco Mediate and Tom Lehman. Even Tom Watson (5 time champ) shooting 2 over is impressive in that weather considering he went out early when it was at it's worst.Anthony Kim is lurking at +2 and Adam Scott is obviously in the thick of things at even par; I'd like to see one of the two win to solidify their spot as 'contenders' to Tiger. Goosen and Furyk are def capable of winning as well. Sergio can't seem to putt still so I doubt he will make a run.

So, I pretty much watched all 8 hours of coverage today (well, it was on at least in the background).LOL @ Phil McFatty shooting a 79.Pretty cool to see Greg Norman shoot a good round, as well as Rocco Mediate and Tom Lehman. Even Tom Watson (5 time champ) shooting 2 over is impressive in that weather considering he went out early when it was at it's worst.Anthony Kim is lurking at +2 and Adam Scott is obviously in the thick of things at even par; I'd like to see one of the two win to solidify their spot as 'contenders' to Tiger. Goosen and Furyk are def capable of winning as well. Sergio can't seem to putt still so I doubt he will make a run.
I think Allenby might be my pick right now. He's playing so well, and if he can keep it together on the greens, he's got the game to really go off and string together a few great rounds. He's one of the best, unheralded players in the world. Karlsson was my pick coming in, but I actually backed THAT pick up with money, and he's almost out of it.Mickeltits is hilarious
I think Allenby might be my pick right now. He's playing so well, and if he can keep it together on the greens, he's got the game to really go off and string together a few great rounds. He's one of the best, unheralded players in the world. Karlsson was my pick coming in, but I actually backed THAT pick up with money, and he's almost out of it.Mickeltits is hilarious
Yeah Allenby is a good pick too and I forgot to mention Mike Weir as well. Not sure how his game (Weir) will hold up on a links style course though, nor do I have any idea how he's done in the British in the past.

Looks like this is still shaping up to be interesting even w/o el Tigre.Phil is just not cut out for the UK courses. He's a wuss. LOL @ the >40's - Lehman, Watson, Norman. Looks like married life is treating the Shark well. If he is in the lead after 54, I say he takes it home. Norman winning at age 53, with not much competitive golf, is maybe a better story than Tiger's US Open win.Watch out for Goosen and Furyk. I think the course will over power Weir if the wind stays up.I was lucky to play it back in 2003. Wonderful course. Clubhouse is the ugliest of all of the Open venues. Bar upstairs was spectacular.Can't wait to wake up Sunday morning and watch the last 9 holes in my underwear.

Norman winning at age 53, with not much competitive golf, is maybe a better story than Tiger's US Open win.
No doubt. I'm rooting for Norman and Rocco.Go away, Lefty and Sergio.

God, my boy Henrik Stenson barely makes the cut, then comes out clubs blazing to shoot even par in the morning, and, in the clubhouse at +8, he'll be right in contention for a top 5 spot tomorrow.

Well, this Open Chamipionship is in the bag. Norman is one of the all time greatest finishers, when the white shark is ahead after 54 holes, you might as well carve his name into the trophy. He always comes up biggest in the biggest events....Wouldn't it be sweet if he pulled an anti-Jack in the 86 masters. Norman, at age 53, after a decade of irrelevancy and living under Tiger's shadow, has one final, dominating 54 hole performance at the masters. Then, on Sunday, he has one, final, great meltdown for the ages, securing his place as the greatest choker in sports history. That would be wonderful. You can do it, Greg, we all believe in you.. I bet 15-20 years ago, Greg Norman was the most hated man in golf by gamblers.

I know this will come as a shock to everyone, but Norman is completely crumbling. I'd be shocked if he finishes in the Top 10
Pretty amazing stuff still, hopefully he atleast breaks 80, although his swing is looking abit ropeytbh paddy deserves another win after all the 2nds he's had during his early career, aslong as poulter doesn't win i'll be happy

To all you guys that were critcising Greg Norman...Norman is 53 for God's sake! It's incredible he did as well as he did. Look up his past record's. He has won enough tournaments to prove himself as a great player.

To all you guys that were critcising Greg Norman...Norman is 53 for God's sake! It's incredible he did as well as he did. Look up his past record's. He has won enough tournaments to prove himself as a great player.
No one is saying that greg norman isn't a great player. But to deny that he is the biggest choker in golf history is to ignore reality. He mentally melts down, just like he did this year. Going for birdies for no reason what so ever, hole after hole, and getting boggey after boggey. If this had been something that norman had done, just this one time, at age 53, then he would get a pass. But the man has done this about a dozen times or more in his career, and that sir is a pattern.
No one is saying that greg norman isn't a great player. But to deny that he is the biggest choker in golf history is to ignore reality. He mentally melts down, just like he did this year. Going for birdies for no reason what so ever, hole after hole, and getting boggey after boggey. If this had been something that norman had done, just this one time, at age 53, then he would get a pass. But the man has done this about a dozen times or more in his career, and that sir is a pattern.
I like to think The Chark is being punished for being such an anti-semite. no sw.

Obligatory I know nothing about golf but yay an Irish Guy won comment. For the 2nd year too. Last year was the first time an Irish person won it in 40/60? years and now he does it again.Fair balls to Padraig(Fox voiceover guy pronouncing this in adds kills me everytime). he deserves it. And he basically didnt get a mention in this thread until he closed in.There would have been a lot of piss ups in Ireland on that day, on an unrelated note.

Obligatory I know nothing about golf but yay an Irish Guy won comment. For the 2nd year too. Last year was the first time an Irish person won it in 40/60? years and now he does it again.Fair balls to Padraig(Fox voiceover guy pronouncing this in adds kills me everytime). he deserves it. And he basically didnt get a mention in this thread until he closed in.There would have been a lot of piss ups in Ireland on that day, on an unrelated note.
yea seemed like this amazing achievement was kinda overshadowed by norman's run, atleast thats the way the coverage portrayed it.Paddy's 3rd in world now so hopefully he'll get more exposure and the respect he's due.harrington-dvr-db.jpg