Wpt Found A New Home

And it's Fox Sports Net.http://www.pokernews.com/news/2008/07/wpt-...-sports-net.htmAccording to sources close to the deal, the WPT's Season VII will consist of 26 episodes and will air each Sunday evening, somewhere in the "prime time" (6-10 pm) hours for starting time. Each episode will be one hour long. The initial starting date and the exact starting time for the series' run are among the details still be ironed out as the show is fit into the FSN broadcast schedule. The sources did report, however, that longtime hosts Mike Sexton and Vince Van Patten will return to their roles behind the microphone. The first two episodes will cover the Bellagio Cup in Las Vegas, the final table of which is being contested today.

thats good its picked up...now i have to figure out where the hell THIS channel is on my tv. I dunno how i feel about 1 hr episodes though....unless they plan on showing 2 back to back each night or something

thats good its picked up...now i have to figure out where the hell THIS channel is on my tv. I dunno how i feel about 1 hr episodes though....unless they plan on showing 2 back to back each night or something
Luckily, I know where this channel is on my tv...channel 30.

Thankfully the GSN experiment is over, 1500+ channels from Time Warner and somehow they just don't have room or need for that one. Haven't seen a new episode since Carlos' WPT Championship.

If this is on during the NFL season they are dead..
Wow, I am guessing so. That was a REALLY dumb night to put it on. Talk about losing your entire audience.
And it's Fox Sports Net.http://www.pokernews.com/news/2008/07/wpt-...-sports-net.htmAccording to sources close to the deal, the WPT's Season VII will consist of 26 episodes and will air each Sunday evening, somewhere in the "prime time" (6-10 pm) hours for starting time. Each episode will be one hour long. The initial starting date and the exact starting time for the series' run are among the details still be ironed out as the show is fit into the FSN broadcast schedule. The sources did report, however, that longtime hosts Mike Sexton and Vince Van Patten will return to their roles behind the microphone. The first two episodes will cover the Bellagio Cup in Las Vegas, the final table of which is being contested today.
Interesting points:1. There are 14 stops this year on the tour and 26 episodes to air.2. Season VII will have 1 hour shows while all previous seasons were 2 hours or longer.3. Sunday night vs NFL will most likely spell doom.
I just wish they'd get rid of the cheesy fake "oooh aaahh" and other audience noise "track"...hey, I know, let's bring back the Poker Dome!!!
lol ya.....during the borgata table they made us do the intro like 8 different times because "we werent enthusiastic enough"
lol ya.....during the borgata table they made us do the intro like 8 different times because "we werent enthusiastic enough"
How was it? Seems like it might be interesting to see the production.