Fishing Thread

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bass fishing all my life........some salmon in Michigan in the rivers during the runs in October usually. Biggest fish would be 27lb king back when snagging was still legal. if you can't get a bite and want to catch a bass 7' tequilla sunrise power worms by berkley FTW!

Bass fishing all my life........some salmon in Michigan in the rivers during the runs in October usually. Biggest fish would be 27lb king back when snagging was still legal. if you can't get a bite and want to catch a bass 7' tequilla sunrise power worms by berkley FTW!
this is correct to an absolute t. I don't fish much anymore, but when I did, 75% of the time I'd be using this exact lure, texas rigged.
this is correct to an absolute t. I don't fish much anymore, but when I did, 75% of the time I'd be using this exact lure, texas rigged.
yep, same here most of the time with no weight if the wind/vegetation will let me get away with it

Nice thread smallmouth bass and walleye for me. Lake Muskoka has soem great bass fishing but all those million dollar boat houses are ruining the shore line. Never mind the cottages people have they now have boat houses bigger than my house.

Hey Gov when the huts go up on lake Simcoe post to let me know. I was hoping for a early season this year but the rain kinda spoiled that. Where did you catch your pike? Muskota? or Simcoe

• 3 months later...

Pike opener here is May 9th... can't wait.Picked up a new 7' Medium Heavy Rod, new reel, 40lb braid & fluorocarbon leader. I'm ready to rock & roll.

I was fishing the other day, and there's a regular who is out there just about as much as I am. He doesnt' fish for any particular type of fish, whatever is biting. But that day the bass fishing was extremely good. I see him pull out of this bass that was in a bucket with a huge gut on it, I've never seen a bass that big pulled out of that lake. I go over and ask if I can see it, and it has a shad about 4 inches long inside of it still digesting, you can see the tail. It was amazing how much these fish were feeding. He then proceeds to tell me that he wants to cut it up just to see what it has been eating. I nearly wanted to cry when I heard it. I have no clue what he did with it. Hopefully common sense entered his mind and he realeased her.

• 2 months later...

Just got back from Elephant butte, New Mexico. My family has been going to that lake for about 25 years now, I've been going for about 12 years. The lake is so beautiful. Great striper and bass fishing. About 5 years ago the lake was down to 7 percent capacity but it has a huge comeback recently and is about half full. The lowering of the lake basically destroyed the largemouth fishing from what I hear but with the rising water levels and stockings it has made quite a comeback. My father and I went this past week and had major boat problems the entire trip but still managed to do fairly well. Basically everything you could imagine went wrong with the engine. Then yesterday at about 5 in the morning we go to launch it and the starter burns out, oh well. We still managed to catch about every species of fish possible. There was some great topwater action on that lake. I recommend any fisherman/boater to visit this lake.

• 2 months later...
konradrecordrainbow580-350.jpg48-Pound Trout: World Record or Genetic Cheat?In an age of biotechnological juicing, not even the easygoing pastime of fishing is free from controversies over artificial enhancement.On September 5, Saskatchewan fisherman Sean Konrad caught a 48-pound, world-record rainbow trout. The fish came from Lake Diefenbaker, where trout genetically engineered to grow extra-big escaped from a fish farm nine years ago.The previous world record was held by Sean’s twin brother Adam, who pulled a 43-pound, 10-ounce rainbow trout from Lake Diefenbaker in 2007. That catch sparked online debate over the legitimacy of Lake Diefenbaker’s farm-born, genetically-engineered rainbows. Technically known as triploids, they’re designed with three sets of chromosomes, making them sterile and channeling energies normally spent reproducing towards growth.In 2007, on a message board of the International Game Fish Association, the angling world’s record- and ethics-keeping body, some fishermen argued that triploids were unnatural, as divorced from the sport’s history as Barry Bonds’ home runs were from Hank Aaron’s.The IGFA refused to make a distinction between natural and GM fish. Neither would they distinguish between species caught in their traditional waters and those introduced into new, growth-friendly environments, such as largemouth bass whose extra-large ancestors were imported from Florida to California in the 1960s.But to purists, there was a difference between transplantation and outright manufacture.The Konrad brothers’ response on the message board was curt: “Stop crying and start fishing.”Now they’ve caught another record-breaking trout. Or have they?(more related links at source)
So I caught my first ever pike tonight. Totally awesome even though it was very small. That thing just bolted out of nowhere, grabbed the spinnerbait and dove under the boat. Caught me off guard but was just an awesome experience. Good news was I caught another one a couple minutes later.We rented a pontoon boat tonight, nice change from dock fishing for panfish.
where do you go fishing?
I think I just saw some guy in Louisiana or somewhere catch a 40+ pound brown. It may have been on Yahoo's top stories a week or two ago.
I remember reading that and initially thought this was the same link. Here's a story and photo of a 41.45 lb brown caught in Michigan Sept. 2009.39528847_btpossibleworldrecordmanisteeriver1.jpg