• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, the whole family can enjoy people getting speared through the head with a spike.
It's pretty mild compared to a lot of stuff on TV today. Same spearing happened in the Terminator TV show on multiple occasions and it was shown in prime time on Fox.
It's pretty mild compared to a lot of stuff on TV today. Same spearing happened in the Terminator TV show on multiple occasions and it was shown in prime time on Fox.
LOL that same spearing was not seen on the terminator tv show, as there's a qualitative difference between what happened in to the guy drinking milk in T2 and anything on that show, and it's certainly not "mild" compared to what's on broadcast TV today. I also don't think the Terminator TV show is family television you should watch with children.
LOL that same spearing was not seen on the terminator tv show, as there's a qualitative difference between what happened in to the guy drinking milk in T2 and anything on that show, and it's certainly not "mild" compared to what's on broadcast TV today. I also don't think the Terminator TV show is family television you should watch with children.
T2 would only get a PG-13 rating now. It's really pretty mild.Did you watch The Sarah Connor Chronicles? The red headed T2000 was scarier just standing on screen than anything in T2, she actually frightens me. Oh and she used that ability to slaughter tons of people on the show. shirley_manson_terminator_1.jpg
This is all wrong. Terminator should not be a family movie!(Of course if all your family are over 18 discard this post)
Kids are 16 and 14.Wife and I are much older.LOL
T2 would only get a PG-13 rating now. It's really pretty mild.Did you watch The Sarah Connor Chronicles? The red headed T2000 was scarier just standing on screen than anything in T2, she actually frightens me. Oh and she used that ability to slaughter tons of people on the show. shirley_manson_terminator_1.jpg
yes, and there's a substantive difference between the graphicness of the way she killed people on that show, and the way the milk drinking foster father got killed. And again, Terminator the sarah conner chronicles isn't family faire either.
yes, and there's a substantive difference between the graphicness of the way she killed people on that show, and the way the milk drinking foster father got killed. And again, Terminator the sarah conner chronicles isn't family faire either.
Just because he does some medical tv show style siezing? Not that I disagree. T2 isn't a family action flick. It's not a Tarrantino (sp?) film, but it's not for kids (12 and under) either.

Saw it today.I give it a B.I don't normally pick at movies, usually just enjoy them for their entertainment value,

but why don't the terminators just go for the immediate kill when fighting humans? They always seem to throw the human-thus giving them a chance? Seems to me they would immediately go for the kill like a head snap or something.

Saw it today.I give it a B.I don't normally pick at movies, usually just enjoy them for their entertainment value,

but why don't the terminators just go for the immediate kill when fighting humans? They always seem to throw the human-thus giving them a chance? Seems to me they would immediately go for the kill like a head snap or something.

I try not to nitpick these movies as well, but I agree.

The Terminator was able to sneak right up behind Connor. A quick snap of the neck would have done him in, or they could have just gave him a shotgun and blown is head off. Also, they detonated a nuke while they were still flying over the city; that was kind of weird.

I try not to nitpick these movies as well, but I agree.

The Terminator was able to sneak right up behind Connor. A quick snap of the neck would have done him in, or they could have just gave him a shotgun and blown is head off. Also, they detonated a nuke while they were still flying over the city; that was kind of weird.

An even worse example of this is when in the skynet plant thing they identify Kyle Reese and with him being their number 1 kill target they don't just immediately blow his ****ing brains out and instead decide to stick him in a cell wtf.

I still thought the movie was alright though and Id give it like like a C+.Another thing that bugged me was that they ruined the fact that Marcus Wright was half robot in the ****ing trailers. The reveal scene would have been pretty cool if they didn't spoil it in all the trailers.

Heres a very good article that talks about what the script was like before Christian Bale got it rewritten. Some interesting stuff like how Bale was originally offered the role of Marccus and that John only had a couple minutes of screen time. http://chud.com/articles/articles/19577/1/...TION/Page1.htmlAlso the movie bombed pretty badly this weekend. 43 million 3 day weekend with about a 200 million dollar budget. Can someone explain why it only made about 1/2 of what Wolverine made in their opening weekends. They both had similarly bad reviews and I would have thought the Terminator franchise would be pretty close to as big as the Wolverine franchise, plus Wolverine was leaked online like a month early.

Also the movie bombed pretty badly this weekend. 43 million 3 day weekend with about a 200 million dollar budget. Can someone explain why it only made about 1/2 of what Wolverine made in their opening weekends. They both had similarly bad reviews and I would have thought the Terminator franchise would be pretty close to as big as the Wolverine franchise, plus Wolverine was leaked online like a month early.
Kids.

I saw it and enjoyed it, but the storyline was pretty weak.

Another thing that bugged me was that they ruined the fact that Marcus Wright was half robot in the ****ing trailers. The reveal scene would have been pretty cool if they didn't spoil it in all the trailers.
I don't agree with this. It was obvious from the beginning that Marcus was going to be half robot. I mean the entire opening scene is setting that up.
  • 1 year later...

I'm not using spoilers, so don't read this if you haven't seen it.I actually kind of liked the movie as a whole, in that it was pretty entertaining the whole way through. I'm sure my problems with it are the same as the majority of viewers'. With the entire war on the line, SkyNet sends one terminator for each of the two top targets while on its on home turf, with hundreds more terminators just hanging around, probably not doing much of anything. The Kyle/Marcus relationship wasn't developed nearly enough for it to make sense that Marcus would care that much about him. Marcus giving away his heart made little sense and was incredibly anti-climactic for a decision like that. The little girl...I mean, what the hell was that all about?