• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I was 3 when my family took me to see T2, apparently I "changed" the day I saw it.
I feel like this is too early to be seeing violent rated R movies.
I actually remember watching the first one when I was, lord, I couldn't have been more than 5...
Exhibit A. You'll end up like Sal. :shudder:
T1 doesn't looks shiny at all, but the plot is much grittier and more compelling.
I agree with this. I haven't watched the trailer yet. When does this movie come out? Is it the first big summer movie? What are the other contenders for summer blockbuster of the year?
I haven't watched the trailer yet. When does this movie come out? Is it the first big summer movie? What are the other contenders for summer blockbuster of the year?
The Watchmen.
The Watchmen.
I don't really want to get into a global warming debate here, but I don't consider March to be the start of the summer movie season.I found this list:X-Men Origins: WolverineRelease Date: 1st May 2009Rendition director Gavin Hood takes us back seventeen years before the first X-Men movie, to explore the origins of Wolverine. Didn’t we already do that in X-Men 2? Whatever. The film will cover Wolverine’s discovery of his mutant abilities, and his experiences with the secret Government funded program “Weapon X” – whose aim it is to turn willing and unwilling mutants into weapons. Could this be next summer’s Batman Begins? Or will the bad early buzz build fatal momentum?Star TrekRelease Date: 8th May 2009J.J. Abrams tackles one of the most sensitive areas of sci-fi culture: Star Trek. Recasting all the iconic roles, and doing so on a budget twice that of the previous Star Trek movie, is a massive risk, so expect adoration or crucifixion. Kevin Smith has already seen the movie and loves it. If this reboot works, there will be many more installments to come…Angels And DemonsRelease Date: 15th May 2009The Da Vinci Code may have received mixed reviews but that hasn’t kept Ron Howard from hitting up the prequel too - Angels And Demons. The plot follows Robert Langdon (Hanks) as he tries to stop a secret society from destroying the Vatican. Avid readers say it’s a better novel than its more famous follow up. But now all the Da Vinci hype has well and truly died down, and anticipation for this seems to be just about zero, Angels And Demons presents one of the most unpredictable prospects of the summer.Terminator SalvationRelease Date: 21st May 2009It’s now post apocalyptic 2018, the world has been all but destroyed by Skynet and John Connor (Christian Bale) is leading the resistance. When he meets a stranger named Marcus, whose last memory is being on death row, Connor must decide if he has been sent from the future, or rescued from the past. Interesting premise. Surely Bale wouldn’t agree to star if this didn’t have some serious character curves… Arnie is rumoured to be back in a small role, using a cgi head on a body double. Should we be worried it’s directed by McG (Charlie’s Angels)?Night At The Museum 2: Battle Of The SmithsonianRelease Date: 22nd May 2009Night At The Museum was an unexpected box office smash back in Christmas 2006, so some sort of follow up was inevitable. This could have easily been a sloppy spin off with none of the original cast, but instead everyone from the original movie, even the likes of Ricky Gervais and Steve Coogan, have returned for the sequel. This time action shifts to the Smithsonian in Washington D.C., where the old museum gems are being housed while their museum is closed for renovations. Expect lots of Ben Stiller being chased up corridors by historical figures.Pixar’s UpRelease Date: 29th May 2009As much as film critics would love to pretend otherwise, cinemagoers were split on WALL-E. Of course it appealed to reviewers with its beautiful cinematography, mind blowing animation, political messages and elongated arty shots. But for the actual target audience, kids, it was half-on, half-off. Boredom was not uncommon. “Up” is another unconventional plot for an animated feature. From what we can assume, it’s a sweet story of an Old Man who wants to live out his dead wife’s life long dream to explore the mountains. He does this by befriending a young boy who is an exploration enthusiast. I can’t wait to see what Pixar have got ‘up’ their sleeves heh heh heh.Land Of The LostRelease Date: 5th June 2009The Taking Of Pelham 123Release Date: 12th June 2009Tony Scott is back with a remake of a remake of a remake of a book adaptation of a… Well, basically, this film has been made once or twice - The original was a 70s crime thriller starring Walter Matthau, adapted from a book, and became a TV movie in 1998. It’s now in the hands of close-up-obsessed Tony Scott, and an all star cast. The movie follows a cynical New York cop (Washington) who witnesses a hijacking on the subway (by Travolta). Ransoms and police negotiation then follow. Rest assured, the story is an action packed thriller with some intense character moments. And where else could you see Walter Matthau recast as Denzel Washington?Year OneRelease Date: 19th June 2009With a cast line up like this I don’t know if summer comedy can get much better. Maybe resurrecting Graham Chapman for a Monty Python reunion could top it. In Year One, it’s the year, er, 1, and Jack Black and Juno’s Michael Cera are a couple of lazy hunter-gatherers. After being banished from their primitive village, they decide to set off on an epic journey through the ancient world. McLovin plays someone called ‘Isaac’. Vinnie Jones is in there too - I’m going to guess portraying some sort of brute with a club.Transformers: Revenge Of The FallenRelease Date: 26th June 2009The return of the franchise that one particular car company loves. The fact that Michael Bay himself plotted out the story for this one during the writers’ strike is a cause for concern - Expect the usual ridiculously hot women with unlikely academic knowledge, and overweight African-Americans used for comic relief. While you would think Megatron and Starscream are getting the ‘revenge’ mentioned in the title, rumour has it that the ‘Fallen’ are actually a third set of robots, who the Decepticons and Autobots have to team up to destroy. We will see…Ice Age: Dawn of the DinosaursRelease Date: 1st July 2009The success of the Ice Age series can really be put down to one saber-toothed squirrel and an acorn. He was the trailer for the first movie (do you even remember the other previews?) and is still the marketing force today for this series. It’s amusing to me the voice cast they have for the franchise - a lead actors were big for ten minutes when the first movie was cast around the year 2000, but now couldn’t get movie work for love or money - Ray Romano and Denis Leary. It’s their careers that are being preserved in ice. Stretching accomplished animated franchises into a trilogy can be disastrous (see Shrek), so let’s hope the cracks don’t start to show. Public EnemiesRelease Date: 1st July 2009All those who want Johnny Depp cast opposite Christian Bale as the Riddler in the next Batman movie probably don’t realise they’re going see the two go head to head in just a few months. And with Michael Mann at the helm this should be one of the best of the year. Depp is John Dillinger and Bale the man on his trail in this crime thriller set during the crime wave of the 1930s that subsequently gave birth to the FBI.BrünoRelease Date: 10th July 2009After the absolute smash of Sacha Baron Cohen’s big screen adventure “Borat”, the British comedy gem is back with an even more in-your-face character “Bruno.” Bruno is a camp, over the top homosexual who claims to be an Austrian reporter and turns up in less “open minded” locations in which he is far from welcome; such as the conservative southern states of America, or soccer games. The character first appeared in TV series Da Ali G Show interviewing important figures from the fashion world, misleading them into agreeing to things they didn’t believe in, talking about parts of their show that don’t actually exist, and even changing their stance on certain issues to fit with the shows apparent “sponsors.” For example; Bruno managed to make a spokesman completely change his opinion on Paris Hilton during the interview by claiming that The Hilton Group were a key sponsor. Bruno is not just about camp jokes, it’s sharply observed and, like Borat, is a great tool for revealing what really goes on in some people’s minds.Harry Potter And The Half Blood PrinceRelease Date: 17th July 2009Everybody loves Harry Potter. Well, maybe not everybody, but as Movie Moron reported recently, it has now become the biggest grossing movie franchise of all time, outdoing even Star Wars and Bond. The Half Blood Prince is likely to be anticipation personified, as it was originally due for release November 2008. Warner Brothers’ thin-on-the-ground summer 2009 line up was the reason for the delay, so there’s no cause for concern. The teaser trailer was a firecracker and this is a series that gets darker and more accomplished with every episode.G-ForceRelease Date: 24th July 2009With this cast, I completely presumed it was a live action movie; that is until I read the synopsis. ‘A team of highly trained Guinea Pigs are dispatched to take down an evil billionaire who wants to destroy the world with household appliances.’… This is Disney’s latest team up with Jerry Bruckheimer, and will indeed be an animated movie. G.I. Joe: Rise of CobraRelease Date: 7th August 2009All American G.I. Joe is now all international as a Nato-like elite military unit takes on a notorious arms dealer. The cast is dodgy, the director made Van Helsing, and the pictures so far look pretty stupid, but if you throw enough money at the screen it’s bound to have sufficient spectacle to be entertaining on some level. Likely to be the dumbest movie of the summer and have everyone shaking their heads at the wasted potential.Inglourious BasterdsRelease Date: 21st August 2009
I don't really want to get into a global warming debate here, but I don't consider March to be the start of the summer movie season.
I'd narrow that list way down.You can expect transformers to be huge. I'm not sure how the Wolverine stand alone movie will do but with Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool I'm calling it a must see. Harry Potter shoudl do good as usual, and then Star Trek/Terminator just kind of depend on how well they are marketed and word of mouth. The rest... look okay, I don't know if there are any huge movies in that group though.
I feel like this is too early to be seeing violent rated R movies.
Hey, I turned out Ok for the most part. I just wander around naked from time to time asking strangers for their clothes, boots, and their motorcycle.

Speaking of the movie Public Enemies, I made this thread http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...=public+enemies when I met Depp briefly and saw them shooting a bank robbery scene in Milwaukee last summer.Can't wait for this and the new Terminator.

I feel like this is too early to be seeing violent rated R movies.Exhibit A. You'll end up like Sal. :shudder:
favorite movie(s) when I was 5-8? friday the 13th. and I ain't never killed nobody.(although I really, really, really wanted to kill this little fat curly haired fucker that was driving slow in the left lane yesterday and then went to block me when I tried to pass him on the right and so when I got back behind him to get around the slow ass pickup in the right lane he slows down to about 35 and I SWEAR TO GOD I WANTED TO CUT THAT LITTLE FAGGOTS THROAT RIGHT THER....) that's enough.
I don't really want to get into a global warming debate here, but I don't consider March to be the start of the summer movie season.I found this list:X-Men Origins: WolverineRelease Date: 1st May 2009Star TrekRelease Date: 8th May 2009Angels And DemonsRelease Date: 15th May 2009Terminator SalvationRelease Date: 21st May 2009Night At The Museum 2: Battle Of The SmithsonianRelease Date: 22nd May 2009Pixar’s UpRelease Date: 29th May 2009Land Of The LostRelease Date: 5th June 2009The Taking Of Pelham 123Release Date: 12th June 2009Year OneRelease Date: 19th June 2009Transformers: Revenge Of The FallenRelease Date: 26th June 2009Ice Age: Dawn of the DinosaursRelease Date: 1st July 2009Public EnemiesRelease Date: 1st July 2009BrünoRelease Date: 10th July 2009Harry Potter And The Half Blood PrinceRelease Date: 17th July 2009G-ForceRelease Date: 24th July 2009G.I. Joe: Rise of CobraRelease Date: 7th August 2009Inglourious BasterdsRelease Date: 21st August 2009
I'll probably eventually see most/all of these, but the bolded ones will be in the theater. Transformers because of my kids.
I'll probably eventually see most/all of these, but the bolded ones will be in the theater. Transformers because of my kids.
what, your kids don't like GIJoe? what kind of hippy, pinko kids are you raising?
what, your kids don't like GIJoe? what kind of hippy, pinko kids are you raising?
I'm not saying I WON'T go... but my kids love the 1st transformers movie... so I KNOW I'll be going to at least that one.

I was thinking about the new Star Trek movie, and Captain Cook at the same time. I noticed the correlation between Captain James T. KIRK. and Captain James T. COOK. And the name of their ship was the Enterprise, and one of Captain Cook's ships was named The Enterprise.Sigh, that's probably common knowledge, and it took me 19 years and 7 months of my life to figure it out.

I just watched the new trailer two more times. That movie is gonna rule so hard.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Just FYI all,The new trailer is now up at the official site and in 1080p on apple trailers.http://terminatorsalvation.warnerbros.com/http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/terminatorsalvation/
This thread won't drop off the first page until after May 21st. Even if I'm the only one bumping it. This new trailer is STILL incredible.
T2 was the first rated R movie I ever snuck into in the theatre... gosh it was fantastic. I don't think it holds up as strong as T1, as the special effects look really dated, john conner is painfully bad and Arnold is a pussy "wounding" terminator, instead of a killing machine. But it still is a great action movie. Oh, and god damn, that trailer looks good.
I remember I had to get some dude to buy me a ticket because I was too young to see T2. god, that was such an experience at the time. those were mind BLASTING effects of the day.I'll definitely give this movie a watch but I'm on the fence as to whether I want to d/l the TV Terminator series. it's getting cancelled so how good could it be?
I want to d/l the TV Terminator series. it's getting cancelled so how good could it be?
It's actually really good, it's another case of Fox not knowing when to air a show to get it good ratings. It puts it up against stiff competition for its demographic and doesn't do a good job marketing it. It's too bad really, it's a good show.
Just saw that trailer... Holy Crap!Do I need to watch the 3rd one now?
No you won't. But I loved the 3rd one.