Hpt In Gary, Indiana

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't be playing and I've changed my plans to play the upcoming MN events.Quick side note for you and fluffdogIf you see Greg Lang or the other co-founder at a cash game you MUST sit. Under no circumstances should you pass this game up. Greg Lang is a terrrrrible lag-tard who can never adapt to fit his image. I don't know what games they spread in Gary but you'll probably see him in 2/5+.Sit in his game if you like money.Edit: I know another super lag-tard fish who grinds the Chicago area. He's a short black dude with a bald head and talks non-stop. He'll be in the same limits Greg is playing. I think his name is Mike. The best cash game I've ever played in consisted of him and Greg at 5-30 kill slhe at HPT in Mille Lacs.

Ill most likely be playin this. Are you guys going to play the sats or buy in directly? I'm probably going to play a few next week so I might have a seat or two to sell.

21+ = teh ghey
Yea I would say just come for the cash games but they are carding there crazý style. Its probably a quicker process gettin over the border
Ill most likely be playin this. Are you guys going to play the sats or buy in directly? I'm probably going to play a few next week so I might have a seat or two to sell.
might try a sat, most likely straight buyingthe sats are insanely weak, me and fluff went to one in minnesota and they were terrible, and i guess i had a tougher table then mostfunny story: at the bubble of the sat me and this other dude were cl'ers at our table and other cl'er was just shoving every hand..he knows this is retarded, but i was the only one that could cripple him but he knew i wasnt calling anything. anyway, he was in the BB this hand and the BTN tanks forever and goes "wow i have a really good hand" (hes also pretty much locked a seat) and the other dude immediatly capped his cards after being dealt them with about 150 chips and says "you know what..if u shove ill fold, i like you". so they get into this jamie gold/sammy farha type conversation and the BTN ends up shoving and the big stack snap calls with a look of death on himBTN gets really confused as to what is happening and dealer instructs the guys to flip up hands BTN has 99 and BB has K9, obv K on turn or river i start to laugh and look at the BTN and it looks like someone just bitch slapped him and dumped hot coffee on him while everyone is celebrating around him..it was so funny.
might try a sat, most likely straight buyingthe sats are insanely weak, me and fluff went to one in minnesota and they were terrible, and i guess i had a tougher table then mostfunny story: at the bubble of the sat me and this other dude were cl'ers at our table and other cl'er was just shoving every hand..he knows this is retarded, but i was the only one that could cripple him but he knew i wasnt calling anything. anyway, he was in the BB this hand and the BTN tanks forever and goes "wow i have a really good hand" (hes also pretty much locked a seat) and the other dude immediatly capped his cards after being dealt them with about 150 chips and says "you know what..if u shove ill fold, i like you". so they get into this jamie gold/sammy farha type conversation and the BTN ends up shoving and the big stack snap calls with a look of death on himBTN gets really confused as to what is happening and dealer instructs the guys to flip up hands BTN has 99 and BB has K9, obv K on turn or river i start to laugh and look at the BTN and it looks like someone just bitch slapped him and dumped hot coffee on him while everyone is celebrating around him..it was so funny.
It may be the booze laughing, but rofllmao.... Mental pictures are teh shit....
lol :D:ts:4h:D:club:

Im pretty busy next weekend but if either of you make it too Sunday Ill stop by. Good luck none the less.FYI Ill be at the Cubs game Friday if you arent busy

I sure hope the Majestic dealers and floor have improved by next week that's for sure! I was there on Monday night and these dealers were just horrific. The floor was definintely not any better. This one floor was having trouble deciding whether an initial raiser could re-raise after a guy goes all in for less than a full raise more. It was comical watching him try to do the math. The pot was tiny too.. guy raises to 16 (1/2 NL) person goes all in for 25 and the guy is having trouble figuring out if he can raise again. LOL LOLAnyway, bunch of new dealers were brutal too, some were on their like 3rd and 4th shifts fresh out of their 3 weeks of dealer school. It was unreal how bad this room was run now. I'm guessing this will be the last time HPT runs out of there. Can't wait for the Horseshoe to open, everyone of value has jumped ship already. Anyways, to summarize.. Majestic poker room = wayyyy worse than usual. Still bad players, but unreal how slow the dealers are, how uneducated the dealers and the floor is. Not worth playing in my opinion anymore. Wait the 2weeks or so til the Horseshoe opens up. Good luck in the HPT though, those who are playing.Just my 2 cents.

damn, 671 miles away. i'd love to play one of these eventually.

Fun story: At the Turningstone HPT, I was playing 5/5 and the dude who does commentary for the final table was playing. Not only was he really not good at poker, towards the end of the night, he went up to some guys room to get high. Lol!

I sure hope the Majestic dealers and floor have improved by next week that's for sure! I was there on Monday night and these dealers were just horrific. The floor was definintely not any better. This one floor was having trouble deciding whether an initial raiser could re-raise after a guy goes all in for less than a full raise more. It was comical watching him try to do the math. The pot was tiny too.. guy raises to 16 (1/2 NL) person goes all in for 25 and the guy is having trouble figuring out if he can raise again. LOL LOLAnyway, bunch of new dealers were brutal too, some were on their like 3rd and 4th shifts fresh out of their 3 weeks of dealer school. It was unreal how bad this room was run now. I'm guessing this will be the last time HPT runs out of there. Can't wait for the Horseshoe to open, everyone of value has jumped ship already. Anyways, to summarize.. Majestic poker room = wayyyy worse than usual. Still bad players, but unreal how slow the dealers are, how uneducated the dealers and the floor is. Not worth playing in my opinion anymore. Wait the 2weeks or so til the Horseshoe opens up. Good luck in the HPT though, those who are playing.Just my 2 cents.
It's so terrible because HorseShoe hand picked the best of everyone to take there, lol.
Fun story: At the Turningstone HPT, I was playing 5/5 and the dude who does commentary for the final table was playing. Not only was he really not good at poker, towards the end of the night, he went up to some guys room to get high. Lol!
Did you run?
Any idea on how many you guys are expecting for the HU tourney on Sat? How many are you capping it at?edit: looks like theyre capping it at 32 not so sure im interested anymore