Why is every hand that get's posted have a "don't mind the misclick" in it? It seems that everytime someone posts a hand history they get defensive about they way they played it and then cover it with "it was a misclick"Admit you played it that way and deal with the comments, it might help in the long run.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually I don't mind the min-raise pre at all. Early in tournies I like to play some speculative hands speculatively. You don't have a lot of FE generally so a big raise is a spew. I even find it's generally hard to take down a flop with a c-bet though once it's heads up I'd c-bet a flop like this about 100%. I don't like open limping since it just invites too many completely random hands though with a small pair I'm not terribly concerned about randoms. So yeah I'll open min-raise or open for 2.5X a lot in spots like this.Of course there will be a chorus of people who once read "don't min-raise" who don't understand why they're not supposed to min-raise who'll scream that it's horrible to ever min-raise. I enjoy having such people as my opponents.

wat
Your sig is one of the few things on the internet that seriously made me Laugh Out Loud! :)Oh yea OP.... And I thought I made BAD posts!
Actually I don't mind the min-raise pre at all. Early in tournies I like to play some speculative hands speculatively. You don't have a lot of FE generally so a big raise is a spew. I even find it's generally hard to take down a flop with a c-bet though once it's heads up I'd c-bet a flop like this about 100%. I don't like open limping since it just invites too many completely random hands though with a small pair I'm not terribly concerned about randoms. So yeah I'll open min-raise or open for 2.5X a lot in spots like this.Of course there will be a chorus of people who once read "don't min-raise" who don't understand why they're not supposed to min-raise who'll scream that it's horrible to ever min-raise. I enjoy having such people as my opponents.
Theres nothing wrong with the way the pair was played. Min-raise with ~45bb is fine, especially if he mixes up his hand strength with min-raises or he never has before. Flop and turn standard.

Yeah I was just responding to Ron's post. If it really was a misclick then fine - but it happens to be that the min-raise wasn't a bad option there. If it wasn't a misclick you have nothing to be ashamed of.Obv this isn't even a strat post but I like Ron's point - don't cover something up saying it was a misclick if it wasn't. Often times someone will post - what should I do on the turn - when the real answer is "you shouldn't be in this spot on the turn ever".

Yeah I was just responding to Ron's post. If it really was a misclick then fine - but it happens to be that the min-raise wasn't a bad option there. If it wasn't a misclick you have nothing to be ashamed of.Obv this isn't even a strat post but I like Ron's point - don't cover something up saying it was a misclick if it wasn't. Often times someone will post - what should I do on the turn - when the real answer is "you shouldn't be in this spot on the turn ever".
Yeah I was really responding to the "overplayed" post, yours just happened to be where I clicked. Min-raises are criticized way too much, they definitely have value in the right situations.
Yeah I was really responding to the "overplayed" post, yours just happened to be where I clicked. Min-raises are criticized way too much, they definitely have value in the right situations.
I was just yanking the dude's chain a little. Raising in MP to LP with a small pocket pair is considered by many to be a little leaky - however there was no action before us. Betting after three overs and two hearts on the Flop? That is more questionable, but to each his/her own especially since it was checked to us. You're absloutely correct though - Certainly not horrible nor even really "overplayed" as I had indicated earlier.

THIS is a superuser...Hand #7248697660 begins at 2008/07/16Dealing down cardsDealt to I liked Creed [Jc Kd]bowlinbabes posts the small blind of 20I liked Creed posts the big blind of 40ih8mylyfe folds.schoggifrosch87 folds.backaley calls 40.HARRYT calls 40.Cortolezzis calls 40.Java5356 calls 40.bowlinbabes calls 20.I liked Creed raises to 360.backaley folds.HARRYT calls 320.Cortolezzis folds.Java5356 folds.bowlinbabes folds.Dealing Flop [3c 2d 2c]I liked Creed bets 880.HARRYT calls 880.Dealing Turn [Ts]I liked Creed bets 215, and is all-in.HARRYT calls 215.Dealing River [8s]I liked Creed shows [Jc Kd]I liked Creed has One Pair, TwosHARRYT shows [8h Tc]HARRYT has Two Pair, Tens and EightsHARRYT wins 3,070

bumpPokerStars Game #18983164795: Tournament #94032448, $2.02+$0.20 Hold'em No Limit - Level I (10/20) - 2008/07/21 - 06:26:42 (ET)Table '94032448 32' 9-max Seat #8 is the buttonSeat 1: WalkOver84 (1480 in chips) Seat 2: WillyWam87 (1540 in chips) Seat 3: NIDAI ! (1420 in chips) Seat 4: PCRD (1540 in chips) Seat 5: Momker (1470 in chips) Seat 6: antoine7878 (1470 in chips) Seat 7: zoodonutman (1490 in chips) Seat 8: GRJ78 (1490 in chips) Seat 9: woodzybone (1600 in chips) woodzybone: posts small blind 10WalkOver84: posts big blind 20*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to GRJ78 [Ah 4h]WillyWam87: folds NIDAI !: folds PCRD: folds Momker: folds antoine7878: folds zoodonutman: raises 40 to 60GRJ78: calls 60woodzybone: folds WalkOver84: calls 40*** FLOP *** [Ks 5h Ac]WalkOver84: checks zoodonutman: checks GRJ78: bets 60WalkOver84: folds zoodonutman: calls 60*** TURN *** [Ks 5h Ac] [As]zoodonutman: checks GRJ78: bets 60zoodonutman: calls 60*** RIVER *** [Ks 5h Ac As] [8h]zoodonutman: folds GRJ78 collected 430 from potGRJ78: doesn't show hand *** SUMMARY ***Total pot 430 | Rake 0 Board [Ks 5h Ac As 8h]Seat 1: WalkOver84 (big blind) folded on the FlopSeat 2: WillyWam87 folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 3: NIDAI ! folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 4: PCRD folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 5: Momker folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 6: antoine7878 folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 7: zoodonutman folded on the RiverSeat 8: GRJ78 (button) collected (430)Seat 9: woodzybone (small blind) folded before Flop

Whatever dude.
Without looking at the rest of the replies, pt special is 100% right. He didn't overplay a small pair at all. The hand looks super standard (aside from the raise size).
I was just yanking the dude's chain a little. Raising in MP to LP with a small pocket pair is considered by many to be a little leaky - however there was no action before us. Betting after three overs and two hearts on the Flop? That is more questionable, but to each his/her own especially since it was checked to us. You're absloutely correct though - Certainly not horrible nor even really "overplayed" as I had indicated earlier.
And now that I've read the replies....wat
Whatever dude.
You've used this response twice in this thread and I'm not sure what it means. Does it mean you refuse to admit that we are right? Or does it mean that you understand what we are saying and that it is completely standard and that you don't want to talk about it anymore?
You've used this response twice in this thread and I'm not sure what it means. Does it mean you refuse to admit that we are right? Or does it mean that you understand what we are saying and that it is completely standard and that you don't want to talk about it anymore?
It means whatever dude. I'm not getting into an eFight with you over "right and wrong" of an off-hand comment about a ****ing hand history. I already conceded it wasn't "overplayed". Fine you ****ing "win" it is ****ing "standard". Nobody should EVER ****ing play it differently. What ****ing more do you want? We can go back and forth all ****ing day. Christ, do you have nothing better to do?Whatever dude.
It means whatever dude. I'm not getting into an eFight with you over "right and wrong" of an off-hand comment about a ****ing hand history. I already conceded it wasn't overplayed. What ****ing more do you want? We can go back and forth all ****ing day. Christ, do you have nothing better to do?Whatever dude.
winner

ok this thread cracked me up...lol @ :-pot odds rac going off-pot odds rac saying whatever dude instead of trying to get better and understand why its not a leaky play and op played it absolutely fine.-op actually posting this-anyone who think the open farrel is a bad play-prtypsux's bump-numerous other things in this thread

It means whatever dude. I'm not getting into an eFight with you over "right and wrong" of an off-hand comment about a ****ing hand history. I already conceded it wasn't "overplayed". Fine you ****ing "win" it is ****ing "standard". Nobody should EVER ****ing play it differently. What ****ing more do you want? We can go back and forth all ****ing day. Christ, do you have nothing better to do?Whatever dude.
Woah...that time of the month.