• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't it you a couple pages ago who said that you really liked the Carolina game? I don't really want to go searching for the quote, but I thought it was you.
I did like it a couple days ago.. but now the betting is much, much more even.. .all of the betting is even, really. I think I'm going to stay way from all of the games.

Gonna try to do some actual work today rather than wasting time watching lines too much, so I just made my bets for tonight right now. The lines for nearly all of these games seemed to move in the right way to encourage uneven action. The only game of the five that hasn't seen the line move yet is the Memphis game, but 90% of the action is going against them and it's also the most lop-sided game on wagerline.Oklahoma City +6.5Sacramento +4Memphis +5.5Atlanta +5Washington +5Thoughts on additional games or the ones I've posted?

Gonna try to do some actual work today rather than wasting time watching lines too much, so I just made my bets for tonight right now. The lines for nearly all of these games seemed to move in the right way to encourage uneven action. The only game of the five that hasn't seen the line move yet is the Memphis game, but 90% of the action is going against them and it's also the most lop-sided game on wagerline.Oklahoma City +6.5Sacramento +4Memphis +5.5Atlanta +5Washington +5Thoughts on additional games or the ones I've posted?
one thing I caution on the memphis game, is there's very little action on the game, on wagerline or Vegas insider, so thoses stats might be skewed by a small sample size..
one thing I caution on the memphis game, is there's very little action on the game, on wagerline or Vegas insider, so thoses stats might be skewed by a small sample size..
Fair enough. I did notice that but I suppose I still figure it will remain pretty lop-sided even though I don't expect it to maintain a 90/10 split.
Fair enough. I did notice that but I suppose I still figure it will remain pretty lop-sided even though I don't expect it to maintain a 90/10 split.
I bet on the game, if it makes you feel less cautious..
I don't like a single one of these play off games, except maybe a slight lean on philly and a lean on carolina
Not really info worth betting against the line on.... but Arizona is like 0-10 in their last 10 trips to the Eastern time zone. They've been outscored something like 210-102 in those games,I know that's probably 'sucker' information and 10 points is lot to give in any NFL game.... but I thought that was a weird stat.

This Boston @ Cleveland game screams to me a deja-vu of Christmas day of Celtics @ Lakers.I have a feeling Cleveland is going to win this. Although it looks like a split right now on the spread, I have a feeling the Celtics are going to get pounded as they are getting + money as the underdog on the ML. The line is moving to encourage more bets on the Celts too.

Not really info worth betting against the line on.... but Arizona is like 0-10 in their last 10 trips to the Eastern time zone. They've been outscored something like 210-102 in those games,I know that's probably 'sucker' information and 10 points is lot to give in any NFL game.... but I thought that was a weird stat.
Well, actually, the action is higher on Arizona, and that makes me lean to the favorite.. it makes me queasy to lay 10 points in the playoffs, but there it is..
This Boston @ Cleveland game screams to me a deja-vu of Christmas day of Celtics @ Lakers.I have a feeling Cleveland is going to win this. Although it looks like a split right now on the spread, I have a feeling the Celtics are going to get pounded as they are getting + money as the underdog on the ML. The line is moving to encourage more bets on the Celts too.
I've been making all my bets on the spread without looking at ML splits. Do you actually look at the ML to aid in your decision as to whether or not to bet the spread, or are you just mentioning the uneven action on the ML to indicate that there might be value on betting the ML on the Cavs rather than the spread?
I didnt do the reseach for the last 10 games they played but im curious as to what time the games were played on the east coast. If the games were early games (1 PM est.) its much tougher for a west coast team to be ready since it would only be 10 AM out here and there body clocks are all messed up because of the time difference. This is a late game 8:30 est time so it would feel like a normal game time for Arz this week since its only 530 out here. Most west coast teams struggle in early games being played on the east coast, this year though it was very very lopsided. The book i use has this game down to 9.5 and i have 0 opinion on it. I do like Tenn tomorrow though. I might play a total on both games, looking at the under for both but im not sure yet. I'll make up my mind tonight. Only reasoning behind the under in the CAR/Arz game is that i think that Car will run run run, which should eat some clock. Also how much of an impact will Boldin have. If he is not 100% they will double up on Fitz and make Breaston beat them, which is something i dont see happening.

I really don't know what the rest of the country is doing, but I'm pretty sure everyone I have talked to (12) "LOVES" Carolina tonight. So, going with the theme of the thread, I went the other way. And because I hate money, I went ahead and picked TENN -3 as well. 2x ARIZ +9.52x TENN -31x Ariz Tenn Ariz (under) :I told you, I hate money:What does the rest of the country think of the CAR/ARI game?

I really don't know what the rest of the country is doing, but I'm pretty sure everyone I have talked to (12) "LOVES" Carolina tonight. So, going with the theme of the thread, I went the other way. And because I hate money, I went ahead and picked TENN -3 as well. 2x ARIZ +9.52x TENN -31x Ariz Tenn Ariz (under) :I told you, I hate money:What does the rest of the country think of the CAR/ARI game?
Out here at my book the line is back to 9.5 after moving to 10 earlier this week. Most of ppl the on my sports betting forum actually like Arz because of the backdoor possibilities. Also, just asking a question here but I would have bought the 1/2 pt to 10. 9.5 is the same as 7 pretty much. Good luck though.Im with you on Tenn.
Out here at my book the line is back to 9.5 after moving to 10 earlier this week. Most of ppl the on my sports betting forum actually like Arz because of the backdoor possibilities. Also, just asking a question here but I would have bought the 1/2 pt to 10. 9.5 is the same as 7 pretty much. Good luck though.Im with you on Tenn.
For the first time in my life I switched a bet. Ever. And I hope I'll never do it again. I saw that it was going to rain during pre-game and they talked about all the injuries to Tenn so I called my guy and switched both TENN to BAL. This was a horrific idea even though I won. It's not going to matter on the parlay though, Az is going to cover the over by 9:03 in the 3rd. And that was a sick sick sick play by LF. +2x BAL
For the first time in my life I switched a bet. Ever. And I hope I'll never do it again. I saw that it was going to rain during pre-game and they talked about all the injuries to Tenn so I called my guy and switched both TENN to BAL. This was a horrific idea even though I won. It's not going to matter on the parlay though, Az is going to cover the over by 9:03 in the 3rd. And that was a sick sick sick play by LF. +2x BAL
Nice job on the switch...meh at least my under came in on the Arz game. I swear next year i should strictly bet totals, i wish i had my record in front of me but i have been killing totals all year.I prob be on the G-men today, maybe the over, gotta recheck the weather and no opinion on the chargers game. Good luck to everyone.

I still can't believe the under came in. Ty Jake Delhomme. I owe you at least 1 of my 10x I was up yesterday. Today is straight Black and Blue.

3:38 PM[/b]' post='2970313']2x TENN -3
BALTIMORE 13, TENN 10
9:29 PM[/b]' post='2970695']For the first time in my life I switched a bet. Ever. And I hope I'll never do it again. I saw that it was going to rain during pre-game and they talked about all the injuries to Tenn so I called my guy and switched both TENN to BAL. +2x BAL
Nice, MisterB. Some rules, for the unfamiliar, with sportsbetting forums:1) If you don't get a play posted before gametime, you don't get to brag about it.That's pretty much it. Just leave those alone, MisterB. Same with all of you. What good does a place like this do if there's no mechanism for ensuring honesty?
2x Sacramento at +3 against DallasAnyone else got this one tonight? Wasn't the biggest fan of any of the other games on at night.
I am a total degenerate, so I've started making a little book on the side (honestly, to support my actual sports-betting habit), and I took very, very heavy Dallas and San Antonio Spurs action tonight.When I saw the Dallas/Sacto line at DAL-3, I immediately decided to send my clients DAL-3, wait about an hour, then send DAL-2.5. It worked like a charm, and I ended up with a really large Position on Sacramento. I got ****ing slaughtered on the NFL today. I took three kinds of action in the late game:1) Pittsburgh -6.5 2) Over 38 (or whatever, I am too lazy to check my spreadsheet)3) Teaser: SD +12.5, Over 32 (or Teaser SD+12.5, Philly+10)So that late ****ing Sproles touchdown basically drilled me right in the middle. I was furious until I remembered Sproles scored an overtime TD to kill everyone's INDY+4 teaser last weekend.What a ****ing disaster. I love when people start teasing shit left and right, but on hectic days like today, it just means I basically have no idea what I need, and I'll end up in a spot where I realize I'm rooting for an outcome that costs me the least. I knew when Sproles scored that late retard TD it was bad, but I had no idea how bad until I fired up Excel. Yuck.
This is bad advice. If the books could show a profit letting you buy points at 10 or 15 cents apiece, they'd probably not do it. Don't get in the habit of buying onto prettier numbers. If it's not a play at 9.5 -110, it shouldn't be a play at 10.0 -120 or worse. That point just isn't worth it. If we assume 9.5, we'll cover 9.5 50% of the time and 7 more than 56% of the time. That's not insignificant. MisterB, what you SHOULD have done is teased that shit. Tease it until it's a lock.